CL_FileLauncher : Launch media-files from within Daz Studio

BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
edited May 2014 in Freebies

Launch your manuals, documention, tutorials, ... directly from within the Daz Studio Content Library with the CL_FileLauncher script ! This script generates companion-scripts for files like pdf, wmv, mp4, txt, ... that are by default not visible in the content library.

You can easily add extra extensions in the script if your favourite filetype is not included.

1. Load the CL-FileLauncher script in the DS Script IDE or add it to your menu as a custom action.

2. Browse in the Content Library (Daz Studio Formats) to the folder containing the media-files.

3. Run the CL_FileLauncher from the menu, hotkey, toolbar, ... that you set up in step 1. (or press F5 if you loaded it in the Script IDE)

4. Enjoy... :)

Download at http://www.sharecg.com/v/76043/view/8/Script/CL_FileLauncher-for-Daz-Studio

CL_FileLauncher.jpg
764 x 648 - 144K
Post edited by BlackFeather1973 on

Comments

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732
    edited December 1969

WOW! Thanks this will come in handy.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Tugpsx said:
    WOW! Thanks this will come in handy.

Thanks Tugpsx.
    Once you're used to having the pdf-manual right there with the product in your library, there's no way back. :lol:
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Great idea! Does the pdf need to be in the same folder as the launcher script, or could it conceivably be outside of the content folder?

edited December 1969

Great idea! Does the pdf need to be in the same folder as the launcher script, or could it conceivably be outside of the content folder?

The launcher script targets the folder in your content library that is currently opened/selected, and generates companion scripts for files found in that folder. So the pdf (or other mediafiles) can be basically anywhere in your 'Daz Studio Formats' library, you just need to set it up so that you can start the script from outside the content library.
    For example, you could create a custom action for the script and run it from the menu.

The launcher script as is, can't target files outside the content library.

On a side note : the generated companion scripts do not have hardcoded paths to the mediafiles, so you can still move your content around. As long as they are in the same folder as the mediafile (and the mediafile does not get renamed), they will keep working.
    If you want to remove or add certain filetypes in the launcher script, just open it in the Script IDE or a plain text editor, you'll see a list of file-extensions near the beginning of the script. Add or remove extensions as you like, just follow the format [ "*.ext1", "*.ext2", "*.ext3" ]

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

Googling a script to launch PDF and Video Tutorials from the Content Library and found this thread!!

Works perfectly! Thank you very much BlackFeather!

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

This is awesome!

The licence on ShareCG says "unrestricted use", so does this mean I could package a modified version with my freebies to launch their manuals?

edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    Googling a script to launch PDF and Video Tutorials from the Content Library and found this thread!!

Works perfectly! Thank you very much BlackFeather!
    Thanks, Lindsey. Hope you get some good use of it.

This is awesome!

The licence on ShareCG says "unrestricted use", so does this mean I could package a modified version with my freebies to launch their manuals?

Sure, Mustakettu85. All my freebies that have the 'unrestricted usage' license may be used by anyone in whatever way they like.
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Sure, Mustakettu85. All my freebies that have the 'unrestricted usage' license may be used by anyone in whatever way they like.

Sweet, thank you very much!!

• Thank you! This is awesome. I used it a lot. But now it doesn't work for me :( I can't open those pdf files I made last year. It is my DS or the new version cause the problem?

• It is me again ... I tried, I can open jpg file or txt with this method, but can't open pdf. Any idea?