Issues with DAZ Content Management Server

Tal_GreywolfTal_Greywolf Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Ok, I'm seeing very strange behavior out of the Content Management Server. Under Windows 7 64-bit, the service is listed, but when you attempt to run it you get this error:

"Windows could not start the DAZ Content Management Service on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 10035."

Now, I have uninstalled CMS, reinstalled it, uninstalled DAZ 3D 4.6 (64-bit), reinstalled it from an executable, and it fails to fix the issue. Additionally, this error also shows up under Windows 8.1u1 64-bit, the service refuses to start on boot, and attempts to start it gives the exact same error message.

My suspicion is that there has been a 'patch' that has caused CMS to break and fail, and it's something that likely Microsoft pushed with the latest batch of 'updates' (either the April or May ones). DAZ 3D and Carrara work fine otherwise, but the CMS makes life... well, difficult.

Any suggestions from the masses here would be appreciated.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Mine did not break in Win7 and I'm fully up to date. Have you by any chance had updates to your AV as well?
    Or did you ever need to set the CMS as an Allowed Service before? If not, say it simply worked, check to see if the Win updates now force you to set it to allowed. I set mine to allowed on install as I knew my system could block it if it was not set to Allowed.

• Tal_GreywolfTal_Greywolf Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Mine did not break in Win7 and I'm fully up to date. Have you by any chance had updates to your AV as well?
    Or did you ever need to set the CMS as an Allowed Service before? If not, say it simply worked, check to see if the Win updates now force you to set it to allowed. I set mine to allowed on install as I knew my system could block it if it was not set to Allowed.

Ok, that was royally annoying. I use Avira, it's played nice with the DAZ products apparently until sometime this week. CMS was listed as an allowed process. Removed ALL of Avira, CMS works. Reinstall the package I had, CMS breaks. Uninstalled Avira, CMS worked, install the latest version from their website and now everything looks to be behaving.

Avira uses the Windows Firewall, just for additional information. There should not have been any reason to have to uninstall and reinstall Avira, the program had been working without issues and I had CMS running as a service until recently. At least I was able to quickly isolate where the problem was and could find a fix for anyone else who is having issues (at least with Avira) working with the CMS.

So we know at least with this instance of the error 10053 that it's something between Avira and the Windows Firewall causing the service to fail to load on start, and that the fix is to uninstall Avira, reinstall from their website and all should be good again. As usual, your mileage may vary.

• ExperimenterExperimenter Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem. I try to use the CMS online and offline. In both ways does not work. For DAZ5 I wish me a better system for my individual contant order. For now, is there an alternative programm that work in DAZ Studio with the same features. Maybe a product from "Dimension 3D"?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You may want to try out the Public Beta, which has a PostgreSQL CMS. It's much faster and more stable than the Valentina CMS.