The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Random thoughts while installing content and organizing things...

- Hair. I have a LOT of hairs. I wondered why, then recalled that it's hard to make a single hair look radically different between characters.
    - M4 is like me - not a lot of shoes. Poor M4! Well, at least I have some boots for him.
    - There are a lot of outfits and characters for Gen3 that nobody made for Gen4.
    - K4 figures make really good small demons!
    - V4 has more shoes than Imelda Marcos!
    - In the Steampunk Universe, M4 looks distinguished. V4 still looks like a tart.
    - You can NEVER have too many monsters
    - You CAN have too many buildings and places
    - Renderosity content + RDNA content, installed, is 22GB!
    - DAZ content, uninstalled, is 55GB!!
    - Insomnia is easily cured by installing content

Bedtime! Goodnight everyone! :coolsmile:

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

a moon gif, does this mean the moon is up in Helsinki?

Nah, it is usually used for indicating night. However, since you asked, the moon was almost full last night, which also means it was up around nighttime.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

There is a pale almost full moon here tonight as well, must be the same one hey :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    There is a pale almost full moon here tonight as well, must be the same one hey :)

ZOMG you don't say. :bug: How could it be!

(j/k :lol: -- couldn't resist.)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited August 2012

I squealed so loudly I almost woke my roomates up XD
    http://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/topic/70081-release-14-announced/
    CINEMA IS GETTING SCULPTING :D :D (Only in Studio though...)

http://www.maxon.net/en/products/new-in-cinema-4d-r14/overview.html

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Let's see, full moon, upgrades, must be siggraph time :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Let's see, full moon, upgrades, must be siggraph time :)

Mmmm maybe :D
    Just got this in my email ^_^
    Siggraph 2012 Preview
    Get the inside scoop

Join our hosts, Rick Barrett and Patrick Goski for a livestreaming Q&A session about the latest Cinema 4D news, and what to expect at Siggraph ’12.

Broadcasting:
    Wed, Aug 1st at 11AM Pacific

http://www.cineversity.com/live
    edited December 1969

Well it took all day to upload but here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNgU8F2GzfQ
    Stage 2 of PCB fighting the catgirl Chen. I didn't do so well.
    I dunno if I should try compressing and uploading Stage 4 also or wait until I 1cc the game before uploading more.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

- Hair. I have a LOT of hairs. I wondered why, then recalled that it's hard to make a single hair look radically different between characters.
    - M4 is like me - not a lot of shoes. Poor M4! Well, at least I have some boots for him.
    - In the Steampunk Universe, M4 looks distinguished. V4 still looks like a tart.

if i could do it all again, i'd put hairs in their own runtime.
    they come with so many texture files.
    i need to get my runtimes to under 25gb a piece so to fit them on the blueray data disc.

edited December 1969

oooo boyOboy, coffee truck dude is gonna bring me a calzone for lunch. :wub:

i'd be just as a happy with a ball of fresh mozzarella cheese.

it's getting hot and humid in the storage room. no boxes today. tough boogs

some good ole database work today. and dreamweaver wheee, i do enjoy the dreamweaver. maybe i can findz a job weavering full/time.

edited December 1969

if i could do it all again, i'd put hairs in their own runtime.
    they come with so many texture files.
    i need to get my runtimes to under 25gb a piece so to fit them on the blueray data disc.

I have hair in its own runtime, oddly enough. Hair, animals, BuildingsAndPlaces, Gen3, Gen4, etc. etc. - about 24 runtimes. Based on my usage patterns, this should be optimal - typically I load an environment, then a building, then a Gen3 or Gen4 figure, customize it, then props and render. My new layout should minimize bouncing around different runtimes during scene setup! :coolsmile:

Now I jut have to install all the Daz content I haven't yet that I might use for my horror, steampunk, comedy, and TVC renders! There's a month of work! :ahhh:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I thought that there was hope. I thought my mum said she could help. Now my stepfather is saying I have to move back into the apartments where I got the bedbugs. There is no hope, just an endless loop of false hope and disappointment,

edited December 1969

1) Have they eradicated the horror bugs from the apartment?
    2) If not, tell that it is unsuitable for living there.
    3) If he presses the issue, remember to pack a bedsheet laden with bedbug eggs with you when you go for a visit to his place, even if the visit is just chucking the bedsheet into his place.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    3) If he presses the issue, remember to pack a bedsheet laden with bedbug eggs with you when you go for a visit to his place, even if the visit is just chucking the bedsheet into his place.

I do not know. There is no way to find out. Management denies the bug problem. I know I got them from another apartment in the same complex.

edited December 1969

Some awesome stuff for Cinema here: http://c4dtools.net/
    Also recorded and uploaded Stage 4 of PCB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfWWkHDBddY
    I did better today on my third run, but I had to quit early. Shopping trip, and this game doesn't play well in a car ^_^;

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

I do not know. There is no way to find out. Management denies the bug problem. I know I got them from another apartment in the same complex.

is there anything you could sell on crglst for quick money, like furniture? furniture is overrated.
    are you a little under rent? a lot under?
    a waitress job gives money right away from tips, and it's a summer job.
    catering halls, like for weddings and stuff, makes good tips, but they usually make you pay for the uniform out of the first check. hate that. ughh

i'm having rent troubles, too. no check this week cuz of my unpaid vacation. my rent is gonna be late. i'm expecting them to ask for extra money for running my a/c all month.
    i don't have a single dresser drawers left. i use the plastic drawers and a clothes rack from Target. and i like it better. not so claustrophobic.

edited December 1969

Wednesday afternoon complaints:

- I need to win the lottery to afford all the toys I want
    - My fingertips are sore from stabbing
    - Coming off the antifungal medicine makes me feel sick
    - My digestive system is shot due to all the antibiotics/antifungals I've had
    - Haven't slept well in 2 weeks
    - Legs hurt due to not working them for weeks, then working them a lot
    - Sore foot is sore
    - Stupid all-day doctor visit next Tuesday
    - Too tired to go out ad party
    - Too hot outside to do anything outdoors
    - Need to shop but that means waiting for a bus in the heat

Meh.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

that apartment complex is full so I cannot move there at the moment anyway.

edited December 1969

Found a pretty picture of Yuyuko (A ghost) :3
    She's a very fun character :D
    Unlike many departed spirits, she resembles a living human. She is very cheerful and friendly: Her playful, good-humored personality, otherworldly beauty, and courtesan charm can have a disarming effect. She often makes bizarre and apparently nonsensical remarks and sometimes seems to overlook the obvious, leading to her characterization as an airhead or a ditz. As an instance, in Bougetsushou, she toyed with Youmu as a daily occurrence even with Ran Yakumo present.
    However, at other times she will reveal an extremely cunning and perceptive side and will also sometimes display an extraordinary level of knowledge. For instance, in Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, she was the quickest one to identify the culprit as Tenshi Hinanawi when the incident was in the omen stage (Yukari Yakumo spoke of the dwindling of yuurei as Komachi Onozuka's negligence, but Yuyuko was guessed correctly). Additionally, in Ten Desires, she obliquely informed the playable character about the location of the incident regarding the divine spirits. She is also known for her incredible appetite and seems to have a food-related metaphor for any situation: Yuyuko is truly "dead and loving it".

Where_ghosts_stand.jpg
    500 x 706 - 358K
    edited December 1969

Complaint: for every first week of a month I'm getting tech support flashbacks and jitters, followed by a thousand yard stare.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Found a pretty picture of Yuyuko (A ghost) :3
    She's a very fun character :D
    Unlike many departed spirits, she resembles a living human. She is very cheerful and friendly: Her playful, good-humored personality, otherworldly beauty, and courtesan charm can have a disarming effect. She often makes bizarre and apparently nonsensical remarks and sometimes seems to overlook the obvious, leading to her characterization as an airhead or a ditz. As an instance, in Bougetsushou, she toyed with Youmu as a daily occurrence even with Ran Yakumo present.
    However, at other times she will reveal an extremely cunning and perceptive side and will also sometimes display an extraordinary level of knowledge. For instance, in Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, she was the quickest one to identify the culprit as Tenshi Hinanawi when the incident was in the omen stage (Yukari Yakumo spoke of the dwindling of yuurei as Komachi Onozuka's negligence, but Yuyuko was guessed correctly). Additionally, in Ten Desires, she obliquely informed the playable character about the location of the incident regarding the divine spirits. She is also known for her incredible appetite and seems to have a food-related metaphor for any situation: Yuyuko is truly "dead and loving it".

Kawaii! :kiss: :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Complaint: for every first week of a month I'm getting tech support flashbacks and jitters, followed by a thousand yard stare.

Take a hot sauna and two margaritas, and call me in a month! %-P

edited December 1969

Nah, I'll just try to deal with it.

FYI, headsup -- I noticed something happening at the store site (wishlist seems to bounce), so I think they're fixing or working on something right now. Don't panic.

edited December 1969

I heated up the oven. Now I have to put food in it. I have to do it quickly so I will have time to eat the food before work.

i have a coupon for a movie ticket or two. I cannot go to a movie this week because it would be wrong due to not knowing where I am going to live next week.

The fear is that even if I get the money to pay off the rent, I still will be evicted. I would also have to come up with the money for August's rent too.

edited August 2012

I wonder if I could build a "B" horror comic around a giant cicada eating a town?

I mean, I have a praying mantis, a spider, and a scorpion but those have all been done!

There's a cicada in the Daz Store calling my name... oh noes! :gulp:

*edit* Argh.. and now a pill bug! "Giant Cicada vs. MegaPillbug - Mutant Insect Deathmatch!" :ahhh:

There goes tomorrows 3D asset money, and it's not TVC related. Well, I'm getting the berry dragons, THOSE are for TVC (they'll be different pixie dragons. Pixie dragons are one of the most deadly things in Vickys world). :bug:

Post edited by Woolyloach on
    edited December 1969

I talked to my mum a bit before 4. I told her that I was about to eat dinner and get ready for work. a bit later I got some calls from my mum's number. I did not answer because I already told her I need to eat and then get ready for work. I thought that was a clear enough message that I am not available for the rest of the evening. I also told her I work till ten. She did not leave a message so it is not important enough to call during my break.

I am refilling two of my prescriptions tonight and will pick them up on the way home from work. I finished eating a big meal so no need to order food at work. now I need to head to work.

edited December 1969

8 minutes to the bus.
    spent almost half day packing stuff up to ship. and then doing the shipping paperwork.
    spent the other half of the day at rendo forums.
    and a half hour in the Commons.
    and a half hour at 3d.sk
    peeked at a couple of my wishlists
    it's sticky outside, might splurge on a taxi home from the bus stop. 90% probability.

remember Spaceballs? 'ludicrous speed'. full stop at ludicrous speed.
    remember Mom and Dad save the World?
    remember Howard the Duck? lol, they don't make 'em like that anymore.

edited December 1969

DARK HELMET!

Use the SCHWARTZ! :snake:

edited December 1969

Morning. Cool under grey clouds here today, I'm nicely warm and thinking of going for a swim in a heated pool up the road. Not too many people using the pool on a cold day, is wonderful to have an uncrowded pool to splash around in :)

edited December 1969

I heated up the oven. Now I have to put food in it. I have to do it quickly so I will have time to eat the food before work.

i have a coupon for a movie ticket or two. I cannot go to a movie this week because it would be wrong due to not knowing where I am going to live next week.

The fear is that even if I get the money to pay off the rent, I still will be evicted. I would also have to come up with the money for August's rent too.

*hugs* sorry to hear all this

This discussion has been closed.