The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    i have a few characters into fetishes, with them gratuitous sex scenes is in character for them.
    but for characters like the gov't Ministers, it would be out of character. dunno, hmm. cogitation time.

What, NO WAY. If anything, it would be even more in-character for them.

It's the quiet, prim and proper ones that have the kinkiest suppressed desires! Have them slip out when they're under pressure, it can add some drama and spice to a scene! :vampire:

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

It's the quiet, prim and proper ones that have the kinkiest suppressed desires! Have them slip out when they're under pressure, it can add some drama and spice to a scene! :vampire:

OR, the ones who are extremely loud about certain keywords, and spit fire and brimstone for "deviants". You can bet your ass that there's something going on that makes the sketch "Aristocrats" seem like a tame idea.

edited December 1969

This is the laptop I'm saving for:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215409

It should make a fine 3D machine! :coolsmile: Sucker has 4 DIMM slots so it'll take up to 16GB of RAM, and the NVidia 2GB video card should handle OpenGL with ease.

Fortunately, chicken and beans are cheap and since I'm not going out, I can save up pretty quickly. Since it comes with 8GB out of the box, there's not a rush on beefing it up for a while.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It should make a fine 3D machine! :coolsmile: Sucker has 4 DIMM slots so it'll take up to 16GB of RAM, and the NVidia 2GB video card should handle OpenGL with ease.

Fortunately, chicken and beans are cheap and since I'm not going out, I can save up pretty quickly. Since it comes with 8GB out of the box, there's not a rush on beefing it up for a while.

That's a nice one Wooly. It matches or exceeds my desktop in most specs. My i7 is a little more powerful but that's all. For a lap top it's pretty darn mean.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

That's a nice one Wooly. It matches or exceeds my desktop in most specs. My i7 is a little more powerful but that's all. For a lap top it's pretty darn mean.

The stupidly amazing thing about that machine is that it actually benchmarks FASTER than the quad-core i5 CPU I had for my Frankenbox!!! And more VRAM! Total cost is about what I paid for all my parts, too. *Crying* I should have just stuck with laptops!

That and a nice cooling pad w/ 3 fans and I should be good to go, once I replace my 19in external monitor with a 23in. %-P

I've also decided to NOT install the 640GB drive in the Asus, I dug up directions and there are a dozen fiddly screws AND a partial disassembling of the laptop required. I'm going to have a friend stick the 640GB HDD in an external enclosure and use it as a backup drive.. sigh.

edited December 1969

Yaay I get to leave early, my Doc just called in next months blood pressure and diabetes meds so I have to rush off and get them before the pharmacy closes.

Eh, I need to shop for breakfast and lunch foods anyway.. I'll get it all done early and hide from the Sun when I'm done.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited July 2012

Skiriki said:
    i have a few characters into fetishes, with them gratuitous sex scenes is in character for them.
    but for characters like the gov't Ministers, it would be out of character. dunno, hmm. cogitation time.

What, NO WAY. If anything, it would be even more in-character for them.

throw in a scandal? there have been rumours about the Medusan minister. ;)

i dunno if createspace would print medusan/human orgy illustrations in a book?

at least Ilka was an adult texting another adult. assuming she was consenting, i don't see anything wrong with that.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

writing is a lot slower when the sun is up. time for an ice cream break. or chocolate chip cookies. or both. and rewatch the gigashadow episode with my glasses on this time. start a fresh in a few hours. :idea:

i remember when xaa said i had too many paragraph breaks, that's always in my head now

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    A high of 87F and sunny. Beautiful summer day.

sounds better than 104F. eeks.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    A high of 87F and sunny. Beautiful summer day.

sounds better than 104F. eeks.

It barely made it to 100F here today, sheesh! Break out the sweaters... %-P

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Sunny under a big blue sky today :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Sunny under a big blue sky today :)

Good morning! Sounds like a pleasant start to the day! :coolsmile:

Enjoy it! :-)

*goes back to cooking*

edited December 1969

Yes quite nice in the sun my garden this morning. Only about forty or so sleeps until Spring, but there are daffodils and jonquils coming out now :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Yes quite nice in the sun my garden this morning. Only about forty or so sleeps until Spring, but there are daffodils and jonquils coming out now :)

Oh, I love it when bulbs come up! Daffodils are pretty! :-)

edited December 1969

I'm sitting in what seems like a yellow cloud of jonquils bright as a sun :). Oh boy now I'm getting a little relaxed the stress of this year feels real weighty. Don't know how I survive :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I'm sitting in what seems like a yellow cloud of jonquils bright as a sun :). Oh boy now I'm getting a little relaxed the stress of this year feels real weighty. Don't know how I survive :)
    Jonquils, the fisrt sign of spring in my part of the world also. I love it when they start coming up and blooming. Ah.. the little pleasures we forget until reminded.
    edited December 1969

Is always the little things get remembered the most :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited July 2012

Woke up, still rather sleepy >_>
    Freebie I found years ago. Untriangulated most of him by hand, still needs a bit of work there (The snout was terrible). Legs and tail are rigged almost adequately - not sure about the arms. Jaw is not properly rigged because it came with it's mouth shut. SO when I rotate the jaw joint his "lips" stick to his snout making a very ugly ... Thing happen. *sigh* I hate rigging. Especially on larger more polygon dense models. Fix one joint break two others.

raptor-12.jpg
    640 x 480 - 129K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited July 2012

Moar music:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecdn088vlTE (Orchestral)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYbRfa3gywY (Piano only. Very soothing.)
    Both are remixes of the song/theme "Border of Life"

youmu_and_yuyuko.jpg
    399 x 350 - 130K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

My mum agreed to pay what I owe the landlord in order not to be evicted.

I just came home from work. There was a stranger at my door when I got home. he looked harmless so no alarm. It was just Mr. Toad. He looked pretty happy sitting next to my door probably waiting for a moth or a mosquito.

edited December 1969

ooo boy, time for a midnight snack. at the bottom of the mayo jar, just enuf for a turkey sammich. toast the roll. nomms.

6 hours til i haz to get up for work. start up one more render, then zonks for the night.

edited December 1969

Maybe I could have a bowl of ice cream for my midnight snack. I have been wanting it for days. All i have to do is put it in a bowl and have a spoon then eat it.

edited December 1969

Maybe I could have a bowl of ice cream for my midnight snack. I have been wanting it for days. All i have to do is put it in a bowl and have a spoon then eat it.

sounds good :) ice cream is a yummi midnight snack.

edited December 1969

i no wanna work tomorrow. doh, 5 hours and 20 minutes.

did get to play with fantasy dragonfly a bit. :lol:

faerrender2.jpg
    329 x 481 - 53K
    edited December 1969

my sister in law sent a video of my nephew who is a bit older than a year old. My sister in law kept telling him to go open the door. It is hard to understand my nephew in the video but I think he was keep saying the door was closed. My sister in law finished the video with saying that he probably could open the door in a few years.

edited December 1969

Tacos from Taco Bell lose their thrill after they've been in the refrigerator for a day :(
    They still taste good though, but they're not as much fun. Also the lettuce tends to get all sticky and stringy and stuff. I end up pulling half of it out so I can enjoy the taco ^_^;
    Thank heavens for the Fire sauce packets :D

edited December 1969

Maxwell doesn't use standard lights like most programs - it only uses polygon meshes with an emitter texture to provide light (Excluding Sun Light of course).
    Some practice renders:

EmitterTest02.jpg
    600 x 400 - 103K
    EmitterTest01.png
    600 x 375 - 1M
    edited July 2012

First time I've run into trouble as night staff. New kid in the group home that obviously does not "approve" of people that write down in the log book that they've been watching movies on a portable DvD player past bedtime and laughing loudly. Well excuse me *sir* but that's part of my job, if you're anything other than asleep I'm supposed to write it down. You don't have to f*@Y!ing threaten me about it. >_>
    Was a matter of time before one of *those* kids got shipped here. I wonder if he'll be a *I'm going to break your stuff and hurt your body because you marked me down* type to the usual night staff too (Who is an adult and works here more often than I do. Oh, and she's a lot more thorough than I am when it comes to marking things down.)

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Rezca are you up all night or do you live some place like Australia?

edited December 1969

Rezca are you up all night or do you live some place like Australia?

The former. Natural born insomniac, and my job as a night watch has messed up my nights even further. I live in California by the way :3

This discussion has been closed.