WIP Wishlist Manager

CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
edited July 2012 in The Commons

Greetings,
Just for fun, this is the current specials screen of the wishlist manager part of my webapp project. It's still a work-in-progress (thus the questionable UI in places).

The buttons across the top are filters based on price; I'm adding user-defined tags which will also be filterable the same way. The order list entries are all working, sortable from low to high or high to low, toggling when you click it a second time. The 'You already bought this' functionality is based on importing order history, which works remarkably well already.

I just thought I'd share; it's been a really fun project so far. :)

-- Morgan

WIP_Wishlist_Manager.png
855 x 736 - 151K
Post edited by CypherFOX on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Looks good, looking forward to this.

• edited December 1969

That looks like it will be useful. Specially for the times when you buy on sale, and forget it is in your wishlist.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

is there any way to remove multiple items from the wish list? how about search for duplicates and remove the duplicates?

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

is there any way to remove multiple items from the wish list? how about search for duplicates and remove the duplicates?

Yes and no... Currently it doesn't modify your DAZ wishlist at all, figuring that modifying your wishlist is something I'd want to be very explicit about for folks. So no, it doesn't remove duplicates for you.

That said, I actually de-dupe before display because I originally wrote it to aggregate two accounts I had under the old system, and I had some duplicated wishlist items between the two accounts. (I created the other account just to have a wishlist to manage non-Genesis items; now with tags and my own wishlist manager I don't need a separate account.) So yes, duplicates don't show up in the display in my wishlist manager. :)

As long as it doesn't use too many resources, and I'm pretty good at making it use as little as possible, I'll keep it free. I might try to use DAZ's affiliate program on the outbound links, to get a little spending money for clearing out my own wishlists. (100% opt-in, of course. I don't like forcing affiliate stuff on people.)

The last caveat is that right now it's only useful if you're a Platinum Club member, because it uses the Platinum Club specials feed, and sees Platinum Club prices. I'm working on getting the non-Platinum discount list and letting new users check off whether they are a PC member or not, but it's not working the way I expected. I'll fix that as soon as possible, but it might not be fixed before I open it up. I need to make the sign-up process a little more friendly, and then host it on a system accessible by others (and hardened) and then I'll open it up for beta testing.

-- Morgan