My renders thread

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nope, will not. I've watched you grow up as an artist. I think I'll stick around even when you get a little down.

• Michael GMichael G Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just a quicky :D

juggler.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 272K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Pretty good for just a quickie! Well gone... I love the purple atmosphere and the focusing! :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Pretty good for just a quickie! Well gone... I love the purple atmosphere and the focusing! :)

Thanks, the purple colour comes from a pre-set light setting in Reality. Im still unsure if it should have been rendered longer, some times I cant tell the difference between render noise and DOF blur.

• michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219
    edited September 2012

Hi Michael_G, I have just looked at your entire thread and I'm really impressed. I can certainly see the improvement in your renders, with composition, texture choices and with lighting. One of my favorites is your The West Park Morgue with the light streaming onto the dead girl. I'm with Spyro on this last image, great use of D.O.F. how long did it take to render?

Post edited by michaeltoo on
    edited December 1969

Why thank you michael :D to be honest I cant remember how long it took, more than likely at least 20 hours or more, there's no DOF on the camera at all.

edited December 1969

Knocked this up quick during a boredom moment.

sunset.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 398K
    edited December 1969

Due to the stupid rules on nudity here I can only post a link to my latest render. :(

http://michaelg1234.deviantart.com/#/d5fz9xq

edited December 1969

Little bit of story to this one, this started out as a model posing on a black grand piano in front of a white screen, I went through numerous texture files trying to find the right wood for the piano but couldn't find a decent sized file that looked ok, so I decided to experiment with Reality's material options and discovered this little gem.

V4 with Tala texture set (custom specular colour)
    Skylar hair set
    DAZ grand piano (fully mirrored, IOR 1.43, thin film 250.0)
    Gothiquesque for the study

http://michaelg1234.deviantart.com/#/d5gqp6e link to image due to nudity. Come on DAZ sort out the nudity filters please!

edited December 1969

Re-did one of my first DAZ renders, made a lot of changes for it to work in LUX, new pose, new material settings.

warrior.png
    1272 x 1646 - 3M
    edited December 1969

Just a simple one this time showing the beauty that is the female of the species. Had to correct an awful mistake in the bay window prop that didn't show up until a significant amount of pixel samples, if look closely you will be able to see it.

V4 Sweet Wendy
    Honey camisole set
    Flower princess hair
    Bay window
    Skies of reality Vol 2 IBL
    Post work in PS CS6

Elf_princess.png
    1272 x 1646 - 2M
    edited October 2012

Decided to try my hand at texture colouring and this is the result.

V4 Sweet Wendy
    Forest princes hair

Her lips and eyes are have been re-coloured using PS CS6, loaded in the textures and used the colour replace tool.

Rendered to 4.21k samples in LUX v1.1, a little over 9 hours.

wendy.png
    1200 x 1697 - 2M
    Post edited by Michael G on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

Michael_G said:
    Decided to try my hand at texture colouring and this is the result.

V4 Sweet Wendy
    Forest princes hair

Her lips and eyes are have been re-coloured using PS CS6, loaded in the textures and used the colour replace tool.

Rendered to 4.21k samples in LUX v1.1, a little over 9 hours.

nice results
    edited December 1969

I ditto that, well done.

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited December 1969

Great render thread, love the combo of Daz and Reality!

edited December 1969

Thanks guys :D

edited December 1969

A nice simple multi material render to pay homage to the old days of ray tracing. Back in the day when i used dabble with Imagine 3d on the commodore Amiga this is the kind of render every one was doing.

Simple but effective I think.

Rendered in LUX to 5.60k samples.

floor_test.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Those were the days, did you ever do the walking robot tutorial? It was really easy but rendered FOREVER!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Those were the days, did you ever do the walking robot tutorial? It was really easy but rendered FOREVER!

hahah no I didnt.

edited November 2012

I got this waterfall scene from Adam Thwaites website a little while ago, thought I would see what I could come up with.

Adam Thwaites Waterfall [link]
    V4 Sweet Wendy
    Epic wings
    Flower Princess hair
    Kodak portra 800 film response

Rendered in LUX to 10k samples, 43 hours. I set the sun black body temp to 3162k and brought the sky gain down to 0.10 and got this really nice autumn gold colour. The water is subdivided 4x resulting in 2097152 triangles just for the water. Post work in PS CS6 to correct some render errors.

http://michaelg1234.deviantart.com/#/d5jh4n4 Damn it DAZ sort the bloody content filters out!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited November 2012

DM`s luciana for V4
    Glorious hair
    Infinity cove 2 (blending cove)

Kodak porta 800 film response
    LUX 1.1 2.22k samples 9 hours.

Theres just some thing about red hair.......

new.jpg
    1415 x 2000 - 388K
    edited September 2013

I had been after the Scotlyn character set from DAZ for quite some time, so having got it at last heres my take on her.

Scotlyn for V4
    Flutterby wings
    Infinity cove 2
    1 soft box

Rendered in LUX v1.1 beta to 3.31k samples, 10 hours.

Image Removed

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Before moving on to some thing new I decided to have a go at re-rendering one of my earlier DAZ renders.

This is the original http://michaelg1234.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/d4zfute

Renderd to 4.25k samples, almost 10 hours using LUX v1.2 beta.

scared.png
    1600 x 700 - 1M
  • cjreynoldscjreynolds Posts: 155
    edited November 2012

Michael_G said:
    Before moving on to some thing new I decided to have a go at re-rendering one of my earlier DAZ renders.

This is the original http://michaelg1234.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/d4zfute

This one unsettles me - creepy. Do I want to talk to this little girl, or should I be running the other way?...

Post edited by cjreynolds on
    edited December 1969

Michael_G said:

This one unsettles me - creepy. Do I want to talk to this little girl, or should I be running the other way?...

hahahhaha, I got the desired affect then?

• cjreynoldscjreynolds Posts: 155
    edited December 1969

Michael_G said:
    Michael_G said:

hahahhaha, I got the desired affect then?

Definitely! :)

edited December 1969

So, my little butterfly decided she wanted to go outside, I told her she must wear some clothes first, she said ok but only if I can dye my hair.

Littlebutterfly.jpg
    1415 x 2000 - 322K
  • SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Michael_G said:
    So, my little butterfly decided she wanted to go outside, I told her she must wear some clothes first, she said ok but only if I can dye my hair.

lovely I like it.
    Do you have it on rendo
    edited December 1969

Sasje said:
    Michael_G said:

lovely I like it.
    Do you have it on rendo

Yes, I tend to put them on both rendo and DA.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

I found It :-)