Updated Genesis & Genesis 2 Products List & Thing To Be Aware Of

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited September 2012

Does somebody know whether the Morphing Fantasy Dress for Genesis was renamed?
    I've got it, I've bought it, I can't find it in my Itemized order history to reset it ...

Answering my own question, because sometimes my brain does work (Slowly):
    Morphing Fantasy Dress Unimesh
    Those Fits included the Genesis when Genesis came out

Post edited by Kerya on
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited September 2012

Posermocap,

can you give me the version number for Swordplay Volume One I'll put it on the list as soon as I get that. If it has different version numbers for the M4 V4 & Genesis version please indicate what they are for both.

If you come out with any other Genesis items just post them or send me a PM and give the the version number(s) and I'll put them on the main list as soon as I can.

Dogz,

thanks. I just got that added to the main list.

Kitakoredaz,

thanks. I just added Gregoria Hair to the main list.

Thanks also, for contacting support about the bundle. I won't have to call them on Monday now. I have the bundle too and am waiting for the update.

Kerya,

thanks for the version number for Epic Wings Xpansion.

Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

from Mantis mail.
    admin repied,

"The wiki ReadMe was incorrect, the current version is 1.3.
    The bundle has been updated with the correct version. " 

I itemized order history, there are HitomiDayOut_1.3 %-P

”Hitomi for genesis bundle” updated about HitomiDayOut

Hitomi for Genesis Bundle - 14300_HitomisDayOut_1.3_trx.exe - pc
    Hitomi for Genesis Bundle - 14300_HitomisDayOut_1.3_trx.zip - mac

Hitomi for Genesis Bundle - 14139_HitomiMetaData_1.4_ds.zip - mac
    Hitomi for Genesis Bundle - 14139_Hitomi_1.4_trx.exe - pc
    Hitomi for Genesis Bundle - 14139_HitomiMetaData_1.4_ds.exe - pc
    Hitomi for Genesis Bundle - 14139_Hitomi_1.4_trx.zip - mac

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

The Genesis Starter Essentials that comes with the new DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta is 1.4, rather than the 1.3 initial version.

And for a 'happy' thought ... reading through the changelog of the changes between the 4.5 release and this new beta, I note the following little gem:

Updated default Content Types and Categories based on new standards provided by the metadata team and approved by marketing - Content metadata will need to be updated

So it looks like there's going to be another round of updates of content just to update the metedata to a new standard. :sick:

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    The Genesis Starter Essentials that comes with the new DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta is 1.4, rather than the 1.3 initial version.

And for a 'happy' thought ... reading through the changelog of the changes between the 4.5 release and this new beta, I note the following little gem:

Updated default Content Types and Categories based on new standards provided by the metadata team and approved by marketing - Content metadata will need to be updated

So it looks like there's going to be another round of updates of content just to update the metedata to a new standard. :sick:
    So this 1.4 version only changed the metadata? In that case I don't have to get it because I don't use metadata and I'm glad I don't. :)

Love, Jeanne

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

God, it's so hard to keep up with this! lol

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    So this 1.4 version only changed the metadata? In that case I don't have to get it because I don't use metadata and I'm glad I don't. :)

I don't believe this is correct, but it would really be helpful if DAZ told us what really has changed in the starter essentials. One of the things I saw fixed is a problem with the projection maps for hands when converting things with the autofit tool and selecting a particular projection map. I believe the projection maps are part of the starter essentials install (but haven't looked into this to confirm it), which would explain why the starter essentials was updated.
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

So does that mean it would be necessary to re-download genesis starter essentials? I'm having trouble keeping up to date with all this stuff lol

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited September 2012

cwichura said:
    JeanneM said:

I don't believe this is correct, but it would really be helpful if DAZ told us what really has changed in the starter essentials. One of the things I saw fixed is a problem with the projection maps for hands when converting things with the autofit tool and selecting a particular projection map. I believe the projection maps are part of the starter essentials install (but haven't looked into this to confirm it), which would explain why the starter essentials was updated.

Well - as Daz told us the readme's are now online so they can be updated ... let's see whether they are holding their promises ...
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14812/start

Edited to add: I am NOT going to hold my breath until they are updated!

Post edited by Kerya on
  • Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    cwichura said:
    JeanneM said:

Well - as Daz told us the readme's are now online so they can be updated ... let's see whether they are holding their promises ...
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14812/start

Edited to add: I am NOT going to hold my breath until they are updated!
    LOL!!
    Hi Kerya, I'm with you on that, just keeping a positive view at things.... here and everywhere. :)

Love, Jeanne

edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    DavidGB said:

Love, Jeanne

I didn't say the Genesis Starter Essentials 1.4 is only a metadata update. I only note that the Genesis Starter Essentials has been updated to 1.4, and separately that the Change Log says content metadata will need updating. This Genesis Starter Content update may be that metadata update, or it may be something else. It may only be to do with some change in the DS 4.5.1 beta, and not work right in the original DS 4.5. It would be nice if DAZ would tell us these things, but the Genesis Starter Essentials ReadMe doesn't say what the update is (or even that there has been an update).

edited December 1969

With respect to the Genesis Starter Essentials 1.4, DAZ_bfurner has just said:

Yes, there were some changes in the content that will need to be updated for this build. Use the new Genesis Starter Essentials content and install it.

So more than just a metadata update, then, it appears. If updating to the new beta, the Genesis Stater essentials should be updated.

• KrazyHorse2KrazyHorse2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Genesis Starter Essentials keeps telling me it unavailable.............I've been trying for the past 3hr's to download it.....

edited December 1969

Have you done a reset of a 'purchase' of the DS4.5 beta? That's what gave me - and others - the starter essentials 1.4 in my downloads, along with the DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta.

edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    Have you done a reset of a 'purchase' of the DS4.5 beta? That's what gave me - and others - the starter essentials 1.4 in my downloads, along with the DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta.

I reset when the studio update first came out on the 17th, do I need to reset again? I already have 54 pages of reset updates. LOL

edited December 1969

I just reset 4.5Pro again and the Genesis update is still being reported as 1.3 and unavailable for download.

edited December 1969

The Genesis Starter Essentials 1.4 is only going to show up with DS4.5 beta. Go and purchase the beta from the shop as Daz hasn't updated the links to it in other DS4 products that would have it.

The Genesis Starter Essentials 1.4 will get added to the other products you can download it at some future time, but it is for the beta.

On the update list I just changed it to have the 1.3 version listed along with and indication that the 1.4 version being in the beta.

edited December 1969

I asked, and DAZ_bfurner said the starter essentials 1.4 is fine with the current DS4.5, not just the new beta. So it is the current latest version, not just for the beta (although the beta does need it, apparently). So people using 4.5 who don't want to update DS4.5 to the beta can still go ahead and upgrade the Genesis Starter essentials to 1.4.

edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    The Genesis Starter Essentials 1.4 is only going to show up with DS4.5 beta. Go and purchase the beta from the shop as Daz hasn't updated the links to it in other DS4 products that would have it.

The Genesis Starter Essentials 1.4 will get added to the other products you can download it at some future time, but it is for the beta.

On the update list I just changed it to have the 1.3 version listed along with and indication that the 1.4 version being in the beta.

Thanks Jay....

edited December 1969

Thanks David, I wasn't sure about updating to 1.4 till i read your post as I'm not going to upgrade to the beta.

DavidGB said:
    I asked, and DAZ_bfurner said the starter essentials 1.4 is fine with the current DS4.5, not just the new beta. So it is the current latest version, not just for the beta (although the beta does need it, apparently). So people using 4.5 who don't want to update DS4.5 to the beta can still go ahead and upgrade the Genesis Starter essentials to 1.4.
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Are the updates to the Content including updates to Genesis in any way? If so what are those?

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,875
    edited December 1969

Not necessarily for the list, as it is non Genesis, but Dystopia Weapons Cache 2 has been updated to 1.1.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Resolved Issues

•Tamesis Bundle

2012-09-24 - 1.1, Metadata updated.
    (installer of this Bundle had not been updated)

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Man I wish rather then forcing people to spend hours or even days going thru their collections and reseting files and all that, Daz would just give us a way of knowing for certain when something is updated and/or a quick easy way to check. Back on the old site and the old new site every product page told you how many files an Item had and what their combined sizes were. So if you weren't sure if you had the latest of something all you had to do was compare the total of the files you had on your hard drive to the totals on the product page. If they didn't match then you knew you needed to reset the download for that item and get the update. We also used to get emials informing us of updates on items we bought and then more recently, but still before the new store and forum we had a forum where every item being updated would be listed with a brief explaination of what was updated.

Now we have none of this and people are forced to add to the burden of often strained servers by resetting downloads that don't need to be reset because they have no other way of knowing if they have the latest version. I've complained about this lack of information many times in many threads where Daz was supposedly wanting feedback on problems with the site only to go seemingly ignored. I've been told by one or two moderators that Daz is aware of this problem and plans to address it and yet here we are months later, going into the busiest shopping/downloading season of the site (read as a time when you don't want people unnecessarily burdening servers) and still nothing. Nothing telling us for sure what has been updated or why and still nothing on product pages saying this item has X number of files totaling Y number of MB's.

edited December 1969

Thanks Haruchi and kitakoredaz

Added:

Carhop for Genesis Female (1.0)
    Curbside Cuties (1.1)
    Genesis Nano Suit (2.1)
    Just Chill (1.0)
    Just Posh (1.0)
    Lucrezia (1.0)
    M5 Firearms with Expressions and Poses (1.1)
    MBS Expansion 1 (1.0)
    MBS Expansion 2 Suit Props (1.0)
    Morphing Business Suit (1.0)
    Morphing Business Suit Bundle (see separate entries for each product in the bundle)
    Nano Suit War Pack (2.0)

Updated:

Modern Muses Tamesis (1.1)
    Otherworldly Wonders Tamesis (1.2)
    Tamesis Bundle ( 1.2 Otherworldly Wonders / 1.1 Tamesis Bundle Bonus & Modern Muses) (Genesis / V4)

Support has updated the files in the Tamesis Bundle. Do be aware that they may not have removed a link to an older 1.0 file in it. All the current files are 1.1 & 1.2 versions.

Also, thanks to Haruchi post, I decided to checked Dystopia Weapons Cache 1 and that has been updated to 1.2.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Didn't see this on the list:
    Renegade Shirts for Genesis (1.1)

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

Genesis Cavalier is (I believe) at 1.0

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-cavalier

edited December 1969

Thanks,
    I got those items added to the list.

• KlasKlas Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/pumps-for-v5

13485_PumpsForV5_1.2_trx.exe

• RedHeadLilithRedHeadLilith Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Mega Mood Expressions (1.2) - updated to correct MetaData

Imelda (1.4)

Mindy for V4 and Genesis (1.1)

Enchanted Textures (1.1)

some more updates :

SciFi Bunny Genesis (1.4)

Womens Business Wear (1.5) 2012-08-27 - 1.5, Removed Duplicate IDs, updated Metadata.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genesis Womens Business Wear Textures (1.0)

Pure Hair Candy (1.1) - still need new update it gives duplicate id message - but not in the list

COLORation Bella (1.0)

Chablis for Genesis/V4 (1.0)

Wicked Dance Fevah Textures (1.0)

Sci Fi Academy Uniform (1.4)

V5 Feminine Poses (1.0)

Galaxy for Genesis (1.0)

Moonshines Drive-In Poses (1.0)

For who got Victoria 5 3D Model Pro Suite

V5 Base Poses (1.0)

Handy for Genesis (1.0)

V5 Standard Poses (1.0)

Tori for V5 (1.0)