Updated Genesis & Genesis 2 Products List & Thing To Be Aware Of

Comments

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Thanks RedHeadLilith,
    I got those added to the list.

I also updated the DSON Importer for Poser entry to indicate the Importer is at 1.0.0.27 now.

Also, if any one has the Stephanie 5 Pro Bundle, several of the links are messed up in it right now and download the wrong file.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Just a note to everyone following here, the Unshaven Beard, Unshaven Body hair and the Unshaven Bundle by Mec4D are all 3 updated for Poser now...

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/unshaven-beard-for-genesis - sku: 14599
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/unshaven-body-hair-for-genesis - sku: 14607
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/unshaven-bundle-for-genesis - sku: 14661

I REALLY miss DAZ's notices to it's buyers about updates. :coolmad:

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited November 2012

I just reset Look At Me Eyes 2 and only got 4 files...I did not get 15273_LookAtMeEyes2DS_1.0_ds

Post edited by ThatGuy on
    edited December 1969

Thanks RAMWolf.

I got the new version numbers for those from the online Read Me pages.

Added & Updated 11-08-2012

Bewitching for Genesis (1.2) (DSON)
    Four Arms for Genesis (1.1) (DSON)
    Luka Hair (1.4) (Genesis / V4) (DSON) (Note: Only Genesis version has DSON files.)
    Stephanie 5 Poses (1.2) (DSON)
    Unshaven Beard for Genesis (1.1) (DSON)
    Unshaven Body Hair for Genesis (1.1) (DSON)
    Unshaven Bundle for Genesis (see separate entries for each product in the bundle)

Bewithching for Genesis has one lnk that downloads the wrong file.

One of the Luka hair links in the Stephanie 5 Pro bundle downloads the wrong file.

I haven't been able to contact support on the phone about those items.

Also, noticed DAZ updated some files in Moonshines Diner Bundle, a non-Genesis item.

• Roberto MeloRoberto Melo Posts: 496
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    I reset over the past few days just about every Genesis item I have to see what was updated and just about all of them had been.

I started making a list of the products I've been updating over the last few days and put the version number next to the item and some notes of things to be aware of when updating.

After the initial lists were created and posted this changed to include all Genesis products & not just the updated ones that will go on the list.

If a product has a Genesis version and other version it is indicate in most cases. If the version numbers between the Genesis and other version are different that is indicated. If just one version number is given an no distinction is given, the version number is the same for the Genesis and other version.

Products that have DSON specific files using the DSON Importer are indicated. Some products can be used with the DSON Importer but do not require having installed DSON specific files for them.

This list is not finished and more items need to be added to it and items all ready on it may get new versions if they are updated again.

Mike maintains the Non-Genesis Content with Metadata thread which lists what has been updated and the version number for those products.

That thread can be found at this links.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2602/

A current listing of what is in the various bundles can be found at:

http://home.arcor.de/familie.reichow/3D/fwb1.html

The current bundle listing thread is at:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1779/

Important thing to be aware of when updating:

1.) Some of the older uninstaller may not remove all files for the product you are removing. The older Read Me files will still be left most of the time.

2.) If you start getting errors, can't start Studio, or get told when installing an item Genesis can't be located , you need to reinstall Studio. One or more of the older uninstallers will remove some of the Genesis files and some Studio 4 files that it wasn't supposed to I discovered a few days ago when I couldn't launch Studio with out error messages after doing updates.

3.) Installing lots of content at once may cause Studio to have a problem when it goes to import the MetaData and crash. Periodically during your installs run Studio so the new MetaData can be imported in batches and not all at one, if you have several gigs to install. If you have to re-import all MetaData for Studio because of this or another problem, restart your computer first.

4.) Newer installers do not create a Read Me, which can make it difficult to determine what version you have of a product installed. Its even more difficult if you have any older Read Me files too that didn't get removed.

5.) If you bought the Genesis Evolution Morphs when they were first made available and they included as a free bonus the Genesis Evolution Expressions, you need to reset the Genesis Evolution Expressions product for them, as they are not part of the Genesis Evolution Morphs Bundle now. If you did buy them and they included the Expressions when you bought them and you don't see a Genesis Evolution Expressions product in you order history, you need to contact Daz's support.

6.) If you mouse over the uninstaller for a product it will in some cases will let you know what version you have installed if the Read Me files are of no help Uninstallers will be in were you installed the content.. The uninstallers for most people can be found in:

/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Libary /Unistallers

or

/DAZ 3D/Studio3/Content/Uinstallers

7.) Some other items haven't been updated but the separate MetaData installer isn't in the reset as it isn't needed. The main installers are supposed to install MetaData.

The separate MetaData installers were made in the hopes that a future version of Poser would be able to read MetaData.

8.) If you have problems with MetaData after updating, like exclamation points on items, duplicate MeatData items, the graphics for some items not showing up etc. You will need to do this.

A.) Go into Content Database Maintenance and Reset the the Database by choosing Reset Database and hitting Accept. This will remove all MetaData from the database and it will take several minutes to do. When the reset is finished go to Step B.

B.) Go into Content Database Maintenance and chose Re-Import MetaData and hit Accept. This will take several minutes for all the MetaData to be re imported. It can be over an hour depending on how much content you have. When the MetaData is has finished being re-imported go to step C.

C.) Check to see if this fixed your problems with the MetaData. If it did your finished and have nothing else to do. If it didn't go to step D.

D.) Uninstall and re-instal the items that have problems. Make sure the troubled items are fully uninstalled. Make sure you are installing them into the correct folder as this can be the cause of the problem. Repeat Steps A through C now. If it fixed it your finished. If it didn't go to Step E.

E.) Contact Daz support and tell them what is going on and what you have done to try and fix it. They can help you at this point.

These problems can occur with any product that has MetaData and not just Genesis specific ones.

9.) If you purchased a bundle and it doesn't have the latest version of a product that it includes in it when you go to download the newer version contact Daz support and tell them the product that needs to be updated in the bundle and the name of the files in the bundle that aren't current.

Support can take up to a few minutes to a week to get this fixed.

10.) If you get an error message when you try to download a file or your having the wrong file downloaded contact support so they can fix it.

11.) If you have Taiga for Genesis, Thorne has created a set of hair fit presets and posted some information on fitting hair if you are using that shape.

The hair fit presets are at:

http://www.ichloe.com/dollies/TaigaHairFitsPose.zip

The information on fitting hair to Taiga that Thorne posted can be found in this this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3238/

12.) These bundles had a name change to an item in them:

A)In the Victoria 5 Pro Bundle & Victoria 5 3D Model Pro Suite the Victoria 5 Geo-Grafted Genitalia has been replaced with the Genesis Female Genitalia.

B)In Michael 5 Pro Bundle & Michael 5 3D Model Pro Suite the Michael 5 Genitalia has been replaced with the Genesis Male Geniality.

13.) Richard Haseltine has written a script to fix the files that files that throw Duplicate IDs error in DAZ Studio 4.5.

The thread with information on it and links to download it is at:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/740/

14.) Taozen has a DAZ History Manager to help with seeing what has been updated. It now checks to see if product pages indicates DSON files with your history. The link to the tread that deals with the DAZ History Manager, that contains a download link for it is at.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8672/P105/#133207

15.) Newer updates can contain DSON Core,Poser Companion, & Legacy Files depending on what program(s) you use determines what to install.

DAZ Studio 4 users install the Legacy files.

DAZ Studio 4.5 users install the DSON Core files.

Poser users install the DSON Core & Poser Companion files.

16.) Genesis Starter essentials has its' own listing on the update list. Genesis Starter Essentials is included in the download files for Studio 4.5 and DSON Importer for Poser download files.

17.) Merc4D has DSON Poser Companion files for several products that can be gotten for free at the link below.

http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=30

18.) Some uninstallers may not have obvious names and finding them can be difficult.

For example, the uninstaller for one version for Eastern Riding Wear was called B25RH.

If you can't find and uninstaller for a product in the uninstaller folder of your My Library or other folder your uninstaller is is in, look for the product in your start menu programs folders for the product and run the uninstaller from that when you find it that way

Thanx to Cypherfox for putting the initial list in order and catching some duplicates on the old list. Mike, Kendall, vwrangler and everyone else for adding stuff and making comments.

I remember I bought Genesis Starter Bundle. This product promised an update Genitals. The genitals would be available in the future. The site DAZ3D changed and changed all texts of products. Today, the genitals are in M5 and packages V5 and DAZ3D forgot that sold a product without fulfilling its promises.

As always, DAZ3D, knows only disappoint its customers.

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

Just so you know, Manga Style has now updated to 1.1 (on the 9th of November). A description of changes that were made can be read here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10961/

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

I remember I bought Genesis Starter Bundle. This product promised an update Genitals. The genitals would be available in the future. The site DAZ3D changed and changed all texts of products. Today, the genitals are in M5 and packages V5 and DAZ3D forgot that sold a product without fulfilling its promises.

Please open a support ticket ion this if you haven't already done so.

• Roberto MeloRoberto Melo Posts: 496
    edited December 1969

Please open a support ticket ion this if you haven't already done so.

Richard, you mean, report the case to the Help Daz??

My friend what good today Genesis Starter Bundle, the description does not come with owning genitals.

Even so, thanks, I'll try.

edited December 1969

Thanx, I'll add that to my post on the plugin update thread. Shader updates are going on that one. I also noticed that Visual Style is at 1.2 now.

Just so you know, Manga Style has now updated to 1.1 (on the 9th of November). A description of changes that were made can be read here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10961/
  • edited December 1969

This List is Very welcome, thank you so much

Chablis for Genesis/V4 (1.0) (Genesis / V4)

just downloaded it, it says it's 1.1
    edited December 1969

Thanks Nergali, I updated that item on the list.

Some quick updates:

The messed up links in the Stephanie 5 Pro Bundle have been fixed.

Bewitching for Genesis still has a messed up link that downloads the wrong file. The DSON Core Mac file link downloads an old MetaData file.

Carnival Extravaganza 1 (sku:13267) still does not have the newer 1.1 version of Colors for Timeless Male Hair (sku: 12729) in it. The older version is still in the bundle.

Support has been informed and the support tickets indicate that the problems have been solved, but they haven't been, yet for those items and some other ones. Not sure if I need to reopen them again.

I added to main list.

Nye Hair (1.0) (Gen4 / Genesis) (DSON)

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

Ballerina Assembly Kit updated to V1.4 (Now DSON compatible)

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/ballerina-assembly-kit

edited November 2012

Thanks Dogz.

Is the V4 & Laura version of Ballerina Assembly Kitat 1.4 now or still at 1.0? I changed it to 1.4, but can fix it if that hasn't changed.

Added & Updated 11/15/2012

Ballerina Assembly Kit (1.4 Genesis / 1.0 V4 & Laura) (DSON)
    Colors for Timeless Male Hair (1.1) (DSON) (Note:This product works with Timeless Male Hair and Timeless Male Hair for Genesis.)
    Effortless Cool for Genesis Male (1.1)
    Mellow (1.0)
    Moonshines Diner Interior Poses (1.0)

Other Notes:

Carnival Extravaganza 1 (sku:13267) now has the newer 1.1 version of Colors for Timeless Male Hair (sku: 12723) in it.

Bewithing for Genesis still has one messed up download link.

Carnival Extravaganza 2 (sku: 13268) now has the newer 1.1 version of Timeless Male Hair (sku: 12723) in it. (It isn't a Genesis item, but I thought I ought to mention it.)

Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
    edited December 1969

Genesis version is 1.4 only, V4 & Laura version is still 1.0 since there was no need to update them.
    Sorry - i should have said.

edited December 1969

Thanks & no problem. I just did a quick edit to my post and to the list so it is at 1.0 now.

edited December 1969

All download links for Bewitching for Genesis now work correctly and download the current 1.2 version files.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

Installer for Shadow Warrior AddOns - 14632 currently is 14632_ShadowWarriorAddons_1.2_trx (1.2)

edited December 1969

Preppy for Genesis SKU# 13243 is in version 1.3

edited December 1969

Wicked Wear Seville SKU# 14048 is in version 1.5 (DSON)
    Wicked Wear Seville Textures SKU# 14237 is in version 1.3 (no DSON files)

edited December 1969

M5 Casual Male SKU# 14025 is in version (1.5) (DSON)

edited December 1969

Sandy Hair for Genesis is updated to (1.2) (DSON)

edited December 1969

SciFi Bunny For Genesis is updated to (1.6) (DSON)

edited December 1969

Wicked Pyjama Party SKU# 14342 is updated to (1.1) (DSON)

edited December 1969

Wicked Dance Fevah Textures updated to (1.1) (DSON)

edited December 1969

Dynasty Textures for Wicked Pyjama Party SKU# 14538 updated to (1.1) (DSON)

edited December 1969

Wow someones been busy :) ^^

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017
    edited December 1969

MBusch said:
    Sandy Hair for Genesis is updated to (1.2) (DSON)

Just reset PC Extravaganza 6. Sandy Hair for Genesis is still 1.1. They forgot to update the bundle again. >:(
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

For the last two days I have been getting a "DAZ DSON data currently unavailable try again later" message every time I use the History Manager. Yes, I am logged in. Anybody else having the same issue?

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

There is a new version available to deal with that issue.

• kurisu2112kurisu2112 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    For the last two days I have been getting a "DAZ DSON data currently unavailable try again later" message every time I use the History Manager. Yes, I am logged in. Anybody else having the same issue?

This was mentioned in another thread and Taozen updated his History Manager, see this post

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/166294/