Duplicate DAZ user account?

I am getting a new workstation to replace my old gaming laptop and I intend it solely for 3D images and rendering.  I still want to keep the use of my old laptop to render different scenes in parallel.   Is there a problem with having two computers logged in to the same DAZ user account?

Comments

• I am getting a new workstation to replace my old gaming laptop and I intend it solely for 3D images and rendering.  I still want to keep the use of my old laptop to render different scenes in parallel.   Is there a problem with having two computers logged in to the same DAZ user account?

That should be fine, at least as lng as you don't try to have both running at the same time.

• Thanks Richard.  Does that mean I can't render two different images at the same time?  Does it also mean I can't have DAZ open on both machines, even if one is offline?

• Thanks Richard.  Does that mean I can't render two different images at the same time?  Does it also mean I can't have DAZ open on both machines, even if one is offline?

I'm not sure - DS itself does, officially in the betas, allow more than one instance to run (though trying to use thesame ender engine in each wuld seem unwise).

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814
    edited February 2020

if you are not using connect and accessing the same files other than the content library on a network you can render on as many computers as you like

DIM can only run one computer at a time from the same account unless you use it offline

I found that out

DAZ connect is the unkown for me as I don't touch it

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • OK, it looks as if I can be offline on one computer and still render an image that has been prepared and saved whilst online.  I think some experimentation is in order!

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013
    edited February 2020

OK, it looks as if I can be offline on one computer and still render an image that has been prepared and saved whilst online.  I think some experimentation is in order!

Sure however if you are rendering a 'long' render using an online computer, you might want to disconnect from the 'Net "just in case" a certain company {or two} decides to install an update that requires automatically restarting the computer. Most frustrating when that happens.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,731

OK, it looks as if I can be offline on one computer and still render an image that has been prepared and saved whilst online.  I think some experimentation is in order!

Sure however if you are rendering a 'long' render using an online computer, you might want to disconnect from the 'Net "just in case" a certain company {or two} decides to install an update that requires automatically restarting the computer. Most frustrating when that happens.

That can be turned off, at least in Win 10 Pro (never happened to me since I did that, several years ago.