MS Lycan or Garoul?

Tye1980Tye1980 Posts: 78
edited December 1969 in The Commons

which integrates better with genesis?
can I turn both female or child-size?

I honestly love the MS Lycan and if it can do everything an ordinary gen character? then I would willingly part with my 19$ but if Garoul works better than it well I know which my money going on :D

any advice would be appreciated and Thank you in advance.

Comments

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Not that I am afraid to pick sides - but I pick both. I have both of them. They are awesome.

First icture is them as "children" I did not do any tweaking 100 percent child 100 percent wolf morph. The front one is Lycan the back is garoul. I did not do any lighting either (just straight out of defualt Daz Studio.

The second pic is the two blended into one genesis. tweaked the morphs and light to get a look I wanted.

The major differences - Lycan has hair/beard/chest.

Garoul has a tail.

Garoul has a little more of a snout.

Lycan is a little buff for a woman or child...

I don't think either one has separate heads (at least I couldn't find it in the couple of minutes that I looked...)

Wolf_Fin.jpg
    800 x 800 - 304K
    CHildwolf.png
    800 x 800 - 153K
  • Tye1980Tye1980 Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

wow they both look fantastic, I think I'll get both when I get paid :D

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

I have Garoul, and really like it. I'm planning to pick up Lycan when I have the funds. I couldn't find a separate head for Garoul in my morphs, but there is a free werewolf head morph at Adam Thwaites' site (http://www.most-digital-creations.com/home.htm). Actually, there's a lot of freebies there, as well as some very nicely priced commercial products.

Back to DAZ canines, I wonder how Anubis might work mixed with either Garoul or Lycan? Or all three at once?

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

For fun, and per riftwitch's suggestion I mixed Garoul, Anubis and Lycan at 33% each. This is just a QND render (and I missed fixing the beard, but I'm too lazy to redo it). Texture is MS-Lycan, tail is Garoul... ;)

lycanmix_zpw.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 178K
    edited December 1969

I like that! Strangely, there's something quasi-catlike about the head. I need to pick Anubis & Lycan soon. I can see a lot of potential for them.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

It's those great big ears influenced largely from Anubis... IMO anyway. ;)

edited December 1969

It looks even better on my computer; I had to look at it on my phone earlier.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited July 2012

MS Lycan looks real cool ....

Lycon4.jpg
    800 x 541 - 152K
    Post edited by Sal UK on
  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

I found the lycan is a good base to start other creature here's a .5 laycan and .5 with my Brute-X. I included the smooth neck morph to help with big figures like Freak 4. Great renders guys !!!

Hibite.jpg
    800 x 800 - 338K