What do I need to do to update to Poser 11.3?

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
edited February 2020 in Poser Discussion

I have not had my computer for a couple months but I have it back today.  I was wondering what do I need to do to update it to Poser 11.3?

edit: forgot to say I got Poser 11 a couple years ago, so I think I am elgible to get 11.3?

Post edited by Sfariah D on

Comments

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556

Is 11.3 out yet? Have you updated since Renderosity bought Poser from Smith Micro?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    rrward said:

Is 11.3 out yet? Have you updated since Renderosity bought Poser from Smith Micro?

I have not updated it since Renderosity bought Poser.  I am trying to figure out how to do that now.

I think I got it updated but the library is taking forever to upload.  It finally did show some content, but I am not seeing all the extra free content I thought was supposed to be included.

I think I got it updated but the library is taking forever to upload.  It finally did show some content, but I am not seeing all the extra free content I thought was supposed to be included.

Did you download it? I think it's a seperate download from the program files. I haven't played with it much as I'm waiting for my RTX cards to be supported, which should be in the next update.

• Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687
    edited February 2020

Poser 11.3 is not officially released yet, but the beta is available.

Go to:posersoftware.com/downloadsand then click on "Download Additional Files (Licence Required) From there, you will be asked for your Poser 11 serial number.  Once you do that, the new page has zip files for new and legacy Poser 11 content, and the installers for the beta versions at the bottom.

I've downloaded 11.3 and it seems to be working fine, but I'm stuck on testing with the RTX card because I seem to be missing a lot of basic P11 content.  Downloading it now though.

Post edited by Chohole on
    rrward said:

Did you download it? I think it's a seperate download from the program files. I haven't played with it much as I'm waiting for my RTX cards to be supported, which should be in the next update.

I left my computer in the back of my ride's van over the weekend, so I could not use it until now.  Right now I am not using the strongest WiFi signal ever.

• Hmmm.  I'm both happy and disappointed.

The 11.3 beta does indeed now support the RTX cards, and Superfly is soaring on the RTX 2080ti.  However, it seems (and I can confirm) that since 11.2 there is an issue that means that GTX 1080ti cards are much slower.  Pair a 1080ti with another card and it is back to working at the expected rendering speed.  Very strange.

Currently though, rendering in Superfly with 2080ti+1080ti is very nice.  Now, I just need to remember properly how to use Poser since it's been a while.

Hmmm.  I'm both happy and disappointed.

The 11.3 beta does indeed now support the RTX cards, and Superfly is soaring on the RTX 2080ti.

Have they fixed the resource selector for Superfly? They 11.2 selector lets yiu select any one card, or all of your cards, but not like Studio where you can choose the cards you want and leave out the cards you don't. (If that makes any sense at all.)

• Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687
    edited February 2020
    rrward said:

Hmmm.  I'm both happy and disappointed.

The 11.3 beta does indeed now support the RTX cards, and Superfly is soaring on the RTX 2080ti.

Have they fixed the resource selector for Superfly? They 11.2 selector lets yiu select any one card, or all of your cards, but not like Studio where you can choose the cards you want and leave out the cards you don't. (If that makes any sense at all.)

The options I could see in Superfly render settings were:

5960x (cpu)

2080ti

1080ti

2080ti+1080ti 

Post edited by Dim Reaper on

I am getting several errors loading up Poser but the first one is this one.

poser11_2issueloading.png
    408 x 179 - 10K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Do you have a 32 bit Windows? The new PP11 is only 64bit - no 32bit version.

Kerya said:

Do you have a 32 bit Windows? The new PP11 is only 64bit - no 32bit version.

I thought it was a 64 bit computer.  It does 64 bit DS fine.

Turns out I somehow got x86 runtimes mixed with the x64.  Once I uninstall the x86 ones it fixed that problem.

I got poser to work but the superfly test render was awful.

I got poser to work but the superfly test render was awful.

Are you using Superfly assets and lights? Some Firefly objects work okay, but many, including skin, do not. I used to us SnarlyGribblyGrabllyGorblyGoobly's EZSkin utility to generate Superfly skins way back in the day.