New stuff in newsletter, not in New Releases - again?

SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I was just looking at the PC newsletter that turned up yesterday, and I noticed that while I could see the GIS Suit and textures in the New Releases page, in fact I'd already bought them, the new Elven Hair was nowhere to be seen. And the other item in the newsletter, the Elven Warrior clothes set, has been out for months, so it seems to have been just a filler to make the newsletter look neater.

Is the Elven Hair actually new? Can anyone else see it in the store without linking from the newsletter? What else can't I see in New Releases? I know the freebie from a couple of weeks back, the Stage Magician Props, also never appeared in New Releases although it's here in the store and can still be bought (not free any more).

What else are we missing? And how badly is the store broken this time...?

Comments

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Elven Hair for Genesis appear to be new (I'm buying all PC hair as they appear and it shows that I've bought it last week)
    It is a Genesis refit for older (mine shows up as a purchase on February 2012) Elven Hair for generation 4 figures

Elven Warrior for Genesis, with another hand, isn't new (I bought it at February), even if it is in newsletter as well

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Elven Hair for Genesis appear to be new (I'm buying all PC hair as they appear and it shows that I've bought it last week)
    It is a Genesis refit for older (mine shows up as a purchase on February 2012) Elven Hair for generation 4 figures

Elven Warrior for Genesis, with another hand, isn't new (I bought it at February), even if it is in newsletter as well

Mmm, I thought Elven Hair was Genesis.. even have it under Genesis in my directories :/

Looking at the SKU however shows you are correct. (I want to trade mine in for the Genesis version I thought I was buying ;p )

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited July 2012

You cannot have enough hair anyway :)

Post edited by Kattey on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited July 2012

I bought the original Elven Hair despite the fact that I'm basically a Genesis-only person. Not sure whether it's worth it to get the new Genesis-specific one too...

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

And the other item in the newsletter, the Elven Warrior clothes set, has been out for months, so it seems to have been just a filler to make the newsletter look neater.

In case you were wondering this is not a new practise and has been done as far back as I can remember when 3 PC items are released. There was always a legacy item in the newsletter, themed if possible, to make the image into a square.

Just saying in case people start jumping up and down at another change being implemented.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited July 2012

I bought the original Elven Hair despite the fact that I'm basically a Genesis-only person. Not sure whether it's worth it to get the new Genesis-specific one too...

Well separate of the fact that the gen4 version was purchased just a couple months ago, it would be nice if there was a trade-in/trade-up policy for next gen stuff. It would encourage more people to consider moving to the next level I would think. However, DAZ and the vendors would have to decide whether it would actually encourage more sales and therefore makes fiscal sense.

In general I think DAZ (and most PA's) have a positive attitude towards this so defer to their judgement on something like this. With a different company I probably would be more opinionated ;)

Post edited by Joe Cotter on