My WIP and Reviews

Comments

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

mark128 said:
    Did some more experimenting with Photo Studio - Point and Shoot 2. This uses:

Victoria 6 HD
    Estal Hair
    PHC and PHCN for Estal Hair
    DJ Remixed

I used the 3pt Rim Right Light Setup and I turned the intensity of light 1 (the key light) down from 80% to 60%. This is rendered with Gamma 2.2.

Wow. I really like this one. Nice emotion too.
  • mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

ropeman said:
    mark128 said:
    Did some more experimenting with Photo Studio - Point and Shoot 2. This uses:

Victoria 6 HD
    Estal Hair
    PHC and PHCN for Estal Hair
    DJ Remixed

I used the 3pt Rim Right Light Setup and I turned the intensity of light 1 (the key light) down from 80% to 60%. This is rendered with Gamma 2.2.

Wow. I really like this one. Nice emotion too.

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Here is a quick render of FWF Britany HD. I did this render at 1500x2000 so you can see all the HD detail. See is wearing the Britany dress that comes with the character.

Britany comes with two versions of the skin material. One is described as "Low Lighting" skin. I am using the "Strong Lights" version here, because I am using fairly strong lights there. The strong like version has SSS strength at 75%. The low light version has SSS strength at 100%.

So far I am impressed with the quality of the skin texture. I have not tried rendering without the HD morphs yet, but I'm guess the HD morphs are adding a lot of the detail in her hands.

Also use in this render:
    Milena Hair
    Devotion for FWF Britany
    Haut Monde for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Photo Studio - Point and Shoot 2

Portrait_02.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Beautiful! =)

edited September 2014

Fisty said:
    Beautiful! =)

Thanks. Just tweaked the posing, lighting a little more and changed the background. I also used the Britany Sexy Pout morph.

Portrait_06.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by mark128 on
    edited December 1969

Here is a render of Britany as a vampire hunter sneaking around in some old house. I used the "Low Lighting" skin materials for Britany this time.

Also used in this image:
    Mec4D The Vampire Huntress for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Haunted Mansion
    Simple Godrays
    Advanced Ambient Light

vamp_hunter_07.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 771K
    edited December 1969

Did some renders with Estelle HD Character and Hair. Like Pearl - Character and Hair, she comes with Poser SSS skin material, but the DAZ skin material uses the default shader. For Pear I created some AoA SSS material, but I haven't done that yet for Estelle. The render here is using the default skin material. This material is rather bright and specular, in part because she has a very light skin tone. I turned the lights down, but the skin is still slightly blowing out in the high lights.

Another thing that is not obvious from the promos, and I cannot show you, Estelle has pubic hair, a large triangular patch. I cannot find any hairless optional skin. It is probably trimmed, but not really a bikini trim. I tried the Hongyu's Bikini for V6 and a little of the pubic hair shows above the bikini. If you are planning to use Estelle with skimpwear, be advised. This of course is painted on pubic hair, not 3D pubic hair.

Also use in this pic:
    The hair is from the Estelle character.
    Moonlight Falls Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Starlight for Moonlight Falls Dress
    Jewelry Box-Earrings
    I think the chair is the free chair that came with the Dawn bundle from Hivewire, though I have several chairs like that and I may be mistaken.

Portrait_06.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 2M
    edited September 2014

Not all HD characters are created equal. In the pic above I notice the hands did not seem to have the detail I had seen in some other HD characters. So I replaced Estelle by Victoria 6 HD in exactly the same pose and lighting.

If you click on this pics to get the full size image and enlarge the hand areas I think you can clearly see the difference. Of course V6 HD is more of a resource hog. The DAZ process was running just over 5 GB rendering V6 HD whereas the Estelle render was under 2 GB. I think V6 HD must use more subdivision in her HD morphs than a lot of other characters, but I'm not sure how to tell that.

Portrait_06_v6hd.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Here is Hannah HD for Victoria 6. She uses V6 UVs as well as the V6 head and body shape. I rendered it at 2000 pixels so you can see the HD detail. I don't think there is as much detail as V6 HD, but more than some other HD figures.

Also used in this image:
    Balana Hair V4-A4-G4 by nikisatez at Renderosity parented
    Strapless Mini Dress for V4 by hameleon and santuziy78 at Renderosity autofitted
    Extra Large Earrings by lilflame at Renderosity
    NYC Couture Collection: XL Earrings by 3DSublimeProductions at Renderosity

Portrait_06.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Changed Hannah to use Hr-096 by ali with colors from Touchable Hr-096 by -Wolfie-, both at Renderosity. This hair is a little shorter so you can see the earrings.

Portrait_07.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Changed wardrobe to the Mila Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s). Had to add a 1 mm push modifier to get rid of poke through. Also tweaked the pose a bit.

Portrait_10.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Great renders! Hannah really is a lovely character. You've convinced me to put her on my wishlist for the day I have a more powerful pc.

edited December 1969

anikad said:
    Great renders! Hannah really is a lovely character. You've convinced me to put her on my wishlist for the day I have a more powerful pc.

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Here is LY Sophie. This is the normal skin, not the wounded or dirty skin. Sophie is a little shorter than many other female characters, but she is still 5' 8". I turned the lights down a little to try to improve the skin tonne a bit.

Also used:
    Loyce Hair
    Dazzle for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Jewelry Box-Everyday

Portrait_03.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 601K
    edited December 1969

Have been trying out Sphere of Light - Enviroment Lighting. This image took a long time to render, I think around 3 hours. I used the "5 Very Good" quality preset which may be overkill.

Used in this scene:
    FW Lara HD - Body shape only
    FWF Britany HD - Skin only
    Luna Hair
    Summer Dress for Genesis
    Provence
    Pigeons are from Songbird ReMix Second Edition by Ken Gilliland available at Hivewire.

The hat came from some other Genesis outfit, but not sure which ones.

Portrait_sp_08.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 806K
    edited September 2014

Here is the same scene done with the Dawn to Dusk Lighting 2 set. I tried to get the sun in pretty much the same location.

A couple of observations when using DDL2:

- The light set loads in way too small. First thing I did was change the scale to 500% to make it big enough. You could go larger depending on the size of your set.

- You have to change the environment sphere to be visible in render, otherwise the sky will not be visible in your render even though it shows in the preview.

- DDL2 is a UberEnvirornment2 based light set. You can use the quality presets from Light presets -> omnifreaker -> UberEnvironment2 on DDL2. The default settings that DDL2 loads in at are draft quality and will have very blotchy shadows. This is rendered with "Set Quality 4XHi"

- The sun is a distant light aligned with the sun location on the sky dome. The default intensities are 50% for UE2 light and 50% for the Sun. This is probably a good ration at gamma 1.0, but this is rendered at gamma 2.2 and the shadows were too washed out with those settings at gamma 2.2. I could barely see the girls shadow on the ground. This is rendered with sun at 70% and UE2 at 30%. That is close to the ratio I have used in the past.

Even at quality 4XHi the render time on this was about 20 minutes, compared to 3 hours with the Sphere of Light at highest quality. Those two quality settings may not be equivalent, but still it is clear DDL2 is a lot faster.

Portrait_dd2_02.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 793K
    edited September 2014

Here is LY Sabina in the Nox Aeterna outfit.

LY Sabina uses the AoA shader for her skin, like most of the new characters. The subsurface section has RGB absorption and scattering coefficients. There are presets for some values, with two different skin presets, Skin A and Skin B. Almost all character I have looked at use the Skin B coefficients, because it seems to produce lighter skin. The few times I have seen Skin A used, it was on a darker skin. LY Sabina uses Skin A coefficients with the subsurface color 255,224,205 and SSS strength of 80% and achieves a Caucasian looking skin. I will need to experiment with settings like this.

The Nox Aeterna outfit is amazing. The promo renders do not really do it justice. I rendered this at 2000 pixels so you can see the detail in it. Click on the image and expand it to really appreciate it.

Also used in this render:
    Aoife Hair 2
    Mandgadfor
    DAZ Studio 4 Natural Ground Shaders

Portrait_05.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Here is a normal portrait of LY Sabina. This is rendered at 2000 pixels so you can see all the detai.

Riva Updo Hair
    Empire Elegance
    Diamonds 'N Pearls

Portrait2_03.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610
    edited December 1969

looks good. I like the Sabina pics!!

edited September 2014

Here is Meara for V5 by SilverSmith3D. This is apparently the only product SilverSmith3D has produced. I bought it on sale over the weekend because I am a sucker for freckles. She is a Genesis 1 /V5 character, but I transformed the body shape to G2F. The skin presets are already in DUF format, so they work on G2F without any modification. The skin uses the UberSurfaceShader. It has 90% diffuse strength. The subsurface color is a diffuse texture with a lot of pink/yellow color added. The SSS Color is then 230,205,187. SSS strength is 50% with a control texture.

I rendered this at 2000 pixels so you can see all her freckles.

Also used in this image:
    Paxton Hair
    Party PickUp Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Party PickUp Dress Textures

Portrait_05.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Tried out Miu Zen for Victoria 6. This character is somewhat different from most. She has limited makeup options. The default skin appears to have some lipstick and there are a few lipstick options. What she does come with is bloodied skin options. I did not use them, but you can see them in the promo images. The default skin is highly specular. This image is the default skin. There are presets to reduce the skin specularity as well as change the SSS strength.

One other note on Miu Zen, she has pubic hair painted on the skin texture and it goes up high enough it will show above some skimp wear.

Also used in this image:
    Short Ponytail
    Leather Fantasy Armor for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Kenjutsu Sword
    Lady Samurai Poses

Portrait_04.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Been busy for a while, getting back to doing some renders.

Been working with Ethnique: Megan S4/V4. Used GenX to transfer her to G2F. She comes with DS material that can be saved as DUF format to work on G2F. It uses the default shader. It is ok. Specularity is very high. Glossiness was set to 70%. I used the AoA SSS shader for the skin and did a more normal specular setup. For specular 1 I had glossiness at 35%, which I think is realistic for normal skin. I had glossiness at 85% for specular 2 to provide some specular highlights.

I really like the skin textuer, but Megan only comes with one make option, which you can see in the promo images. This makeup is not to my taste, lipstick and eye makeup too dark. This render is with no makeup.

Also used in this image:
    Portia Hair 2
    Allure Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Baroness Jewels
    Stylish for Baroness Jewels

portrait_test_05.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 541K
  • IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Looking good, Mark! She has a sophisticated look, the hair and jewels are perfect for that.

I just wanted to add my thanks for featuring all these models and using such a wide variety of hairs -- and for crediting them too! Although my own character choices are different, your whole thread has been helpful to me in deciding which hairs are must-buys for my own work.

edited November 2014

Here is Belladonna for V4 transferred to G2F using GenX2 and with the skin setup to use the AoA Subsurface Shader Base.

Also used in this image:
    Gregoria Hair parented (not auto fitted).
    Bandage Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Siobhan Jewelry for Genesis 2 Female(s)Photo Studio - Point and Shoot 2

Portrait_05.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 632K
    edited December 1969

Here is Belladonna in the Lady Of Abyss Corset Dress. These two come together in the BellaDonna and Lady of Abyss Bundle which I bought last summer at 80% off or something like that.

I auto fitted the Lady Of Abyss Corset Dress to G2F somehow. Don't really remember how I did it, since I did it a long time ago and saved the dress as a G2F clothing.

portrait2_02.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 686K
    edited December 1969

Have been too busy to do anything I can post here. Here is Maeve for V4.2 by Phoenix1966 available at Rendeosity. I got this because the skin looked like an interesting texture. I converted Maeve to G2F using GenX2. Maeve comes with DAZ Studio materials for the skin. It renders pretty well at Gamma 1.0, but at Gamma 2.2 the face and some other parts of the skin look kind of greenish or blueish. This is not a unique problem to Maeve. I have observed the same problem in other skin material. The skin material uses the color 214,249,244 in the diffusion channel along with the texture. There is also an ambient color of 39,4,0 at strength of 40%. The blueish diffusion color is to make the skin look a little paler and to balance out the red in the ambient channel. I think this is done to simulate SSS in shaders that do not support SSS. The color balancing works well at gamma 1.0, but at gamma 2.2 something goes wrong.

Since I was going to have to fiddle with the skin parameters, I switched over to the AoA Subsurface Shader Base. I used Diffuse Color 245,255,252 and strength 50%. The SSS color is white, strength 75% and Skin B coefficients. There are some painted on specular highlights on the face.

PixiePerfect Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Goth Rider for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Wild Hunt for Goth Rider
    Dead World Piercings Genesis by SickleYield at Renderosity

Portrait_07.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 656K
    edited December 1969

This is LY Lennox as something other than the fashion model like poses in her promo images. She has a beautiful skin texture. There is a fairly strong blue color in the diffusion, but the skin looks great when rendered at gamma 2.2. This is my first experiment with using the Multiplane Cyclorama as a back drop. I used rim lighting.

Also used in this image:
    Xylia Double French Braids 2
    Battle Kimono for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Multiplane Cyclorama

Portrait_05.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 820K
    edited December 1969

Here is LY Daniela, the new character Lyoness released today. Diffusion color 225,240,255 and strength is 65%. The SSS color is 212,138,93 and SSS strength is 60%. This skin material setup is very similar to previous Lyoness's character, but with some alterations that indicate Lyoness does fine tune the material setup as well as the textures to get the look she wants.

Also used here:
    Julius Hair for Genesis 2
    Arleya Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Diamonds 'N Pearls

Portrait_02.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 510K
    edited December 1969

Here is FW Ellie-Jane HD for Victoria 6. The skin setup is very similar to other recent characters from FWArt and Fisty. This is done with the strong light skin materials.

Also used:
    SAV Berlin 1931 Hair by StudioArtVartanian available at Renderosity
    Alibi Suit for Genesis 2 Female(s) and Victoria 4
    Andromeda for GIS Project

Portrait_04.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 754K
    edited December 1969

This is SASE Megan. I really like her skin texture and appearance, but sadly she does not appear to be available in the store anymore. I probably bought her last summer in one of the 80% off sales and now she is gone apparently. She was both a V4 and Genesis 1 character. This is the V4 version transformed to G2F using GenX2. The skin uses the Human Surface Shader and has 25% SSS strength.

Also used in this image:
    Flirty Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Colors for Flirty Hair
    Italian Bucca Dress for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Clothing Breast Fixes For Genesis 2 Female
    Clara Collection for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Portrait Perfect Backgrounds by Lyoness and PandyGirl at Renderosity.

portrait_06.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 1013K