Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

1444546474850»

Comments

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Hey Guys,

Can you say when the Update is due for release.???

I am awaiting the update before I purchase so a ballpark idea would be great.

Cheers,

S.K.

Hi, it shouldn't be too long before 1.1 is released, but we can't really name a day, or promise that will be released before the intro sale is over.

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Thanks Alessandro,

Not worried about the intro sale price, I would have bought this at twice the price,.!!!!.

I just don't want to install and then several weeks later have to be re-installing all over again etc. Particularly with the online registration / verification process.

I would rather just have to go through that once, as none of my machines are actually linked to the net. Though I make an exception for things like this and 'Reality'.

Cheers,

S.K.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited January 2013

Thanks Alessandro,

Not worried about the intro sale price, I would have bought this at twice the price,.!!!!.

I just don't want to install and then several weeks later have to be re-installing all over again etc. Particularly with the online registration / verification process.

I would rather just have to go through that once, as none of my machines are actually linked to the net. Though I make an exception for things like this and 'Reality'.

Cheers,

S.K.

The update is a single dll, and maybe a few extra icon images. Activation will only happen once, provided you don't delete your cfg file. :-)

EDIT: BTW, the machine being activated doesn't actually need to be on the net. You just need the code it generates to enter into the activation screen.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

Ok, Kendall beat me to it :)

As he mentioned, the activation data is in .cfg file which won't affectd by further updates, so that shouldn't pose any issue.

edited December 1969

Okay Cool,

Off to purchase right now then..I have had itchy 'buy' fingers since this was released.

Cheers,

S.K.

edited December 1969

Okay Cool,

Off to purchase right now then..I have had itchy 'buy' fingers since this was released.

Cheers,

S.K.

Thanks S.K. Should you have any need of help me and Kendall are here...

edited December 1969

Excellent.

Purchased.. :)

and in the immortal words of Han Solo 'Here's where the fun begins'.!!!!..;))

S.K.

• commorancycommorancy Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Blonde version of Val

ValBlonde.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 106K
    edited December 1969

Blonde version of Val

So, now I want her name and address... love at first sight! :)

• commorancycommorancy Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Blonde version of Val

So, now I want her name and address... love at first sight! :)

Thanks. :)

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited January 2013

alanb11 said:
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Looks like a cat that got dropped into water... if that cat were a big yellow Emotiguy, that is.

Post edited by Mr Gneiss Guy on
    edited December 1969

Well a couple of hours after buying and installing LAMH I have this image to share.

Its just a quick and dirty LuxRender(I don't render in 3Delight), using the AM Wolf and the LAMH, AM Wolf preset.

I had to tweak the setting's a bit, and no doubt they could do with a little more fine tuning, but still not bad for only one hours playing about..

I adjusted the root and tip thickness to 160/60, and lowered the hair count to 350,000.

In future I would probably lower the root and tip thickness a little more and increase the hair count back to something look 400,000-425,000. Exported from LAMH as OBJ and then exported to LuxRender via 'Reality' for rendering.

The size of the exported file to LuxRender was 6.2gb.

The only downside/disappointment is exporting as obj made the view port in Daz Studio very slow and choppy, and I have a high end graphics card in my machine. But hey thats a DAZ issue, not LAMH's fault.

Cheers,

S.K.

Hair_test.jpg
    1639 x 1009 - 795K
  • Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 377
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your answers, Alessandro_AM and Kendall Sears
    My computer is 64 bit running Windows 7 Pro.

edited January 2013

Well a couple of hours after buying and installing LAMH I have this image to share.

Its just a quick and dirty LuxRender(I don't render in 3Delight), using the AM Wolf and the LAMH, AM Wolf preset.

I had to tweak the setting's a bit, and no doubt they could do with a little more fine tuning, but still not bad for only one hours playing about..

I adjusted the root and tip thickness to 160/60, and lowered the hair count to 350,000.

In future I would probably lower the root and tip thickness a little more and increase the hair count back to something look 400,000-425,000. Exported from LAMH as OBJ and then exported to LuxRender via 'Reality' for rendering.

The size of the exported file to LuxRender was 6.2gb.

The only downside/disappointment is exporting as obj made the view port in Daz Studio very slow and choppy, and I have a high end graphics card in my machine. But hey thats a DAZ issue, not LAMH's fault.

Cheers,

S.K.

Hi S.K., that's really good for being your LAMH test.
    About the fur, as you also said you might try to increase the fur count and use probably set root/tip width at 80/30 to get finer strands (that should also help reducing the specular brightness, since polygons will get thinner).
    Indeed, on such a furry critter, you'll get a large .OBJ file.
    One thing you might want to try, since the fur in this case is quite short, is to lower the geometry complexity slider at 50%.

Also, before doing the export, I'd suggest you set Studio DrawStyle = Bounding Boxes, so that the interface and the viewport will not be affected by such a large mesh.
    We are working on improving the OBJ export further, so that it will be... oh no... I am not allowed to say this yet... sorry :)
    But it will be an awesome enhancement that will speed up things. Will be announced as soon as it is ready...

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • RXRX Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

We are working on improving the OBJ export further, so that it will be... oh no... I am not allowed to say this yet... sorry :)
    But it will be an awesome enhancement that will speed up things. Will be announced as soon as it is ready...

So far, Vue has crashed any time I've tried to important a LAMH-furred critter, so I'm excited to hear this news.
    edited December 1969

RappyW said:

So far, Vue has crashed any time I've tried to important a LAMH-furred critter, so I'm excited to hear this news.

HI RappyW, could you give me some details about the file you tried to import? Also, what Vue version you have, and what are your computer specs?

• RXRX Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

RappyW said:

HI RappyW, could you give me some details about the file you tried to import? Also, what Vue version you have, and what are your computer specs?

I have Vue 10 and was attempting to import the furred Millenium Big Cat with the short fur preset unchanged. My computer specs are a Windows 7 64bit with 4 gigabyte RAM.

Don't feel any need to worry about it, though, I was just commenting that I'm excited for future improvements! It just means that, for now, I have to do rendering in Daz Studio, which I'm not used to.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

RappyW said:
    RappyW said:

I have Vue 10 and was attempting to import the furred Millenium Big Cat with the short fur preset unchanged. My computer specs are a Windows 7 64bit with 4 gigabyte RAM.

Don't feel any need to worry about it, though, I was just commenting that I'm excited for future improvements! It just means that, for now, I have to do rendering in Daz Studio, which I'm not used to.

By "unchanged" you mean the default setting? I assume you changed it to export the hair from LAMH to obj, not renderman? Sorry for asking a silly question... i'm quite sleep deprived...

• thd777thd777 Posts: 931
    edited January 2013

RappyW said:

You don't have a enough Ram. You can see my render of the tiger with fur in Vue here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/212136/
    It used 9 Gb of Ram during the import and render (just for Vue, on top of everything else. Total use was about 12 Gb). I have 24Gb so that was no problem, but with 4 Gb it is not going to work.
    I also found that collada import from Studio worked better with Vue, but you still need loads of Ram memory.
    Ciao
    TD

Post edited by thd777 on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

A silly observation...when I fur a critter I find it superenjoyable to watch the fur fit to the new critter whenever I change the pose. Say the critter is lying down with his fur intact. I click on a pose that makes it sit up. The fur is still lying on the ground---for a second. Then it pops up to fit the sitting critter. I think it's so neat. Okay, I'm nuts.

(This is with short fur, with longer fur there may be a desire to make changes that look better with a new pose.)

A question. I can't find a way to open LAMH without creating a new LAMH object. So if I save a scene with an LAMH object in it to finish the scene later, the only way is to load up the scene, delete the LAMH object, create a new one which opens LAMH then from LAMH import my saved preset?

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Spit said:
    A silly observation...when I fur a critter I find it superenjoyable to watch the fur fit to the new critter whenever I change the pose. Say the critter is lying down with his fur intact. I click on a pose that makes it sit up. The fur is still lying on the ground---for a second. Then it pops up to fit the sitting critter. I think it's so neat. Okay, I'm nuts.

(This is with short fur, with longer fur there may be a desire to make changes that look better with a new pose.)

A question. I can't find a way to open LAMH without creating a new LAMH object. So if I save a scene with an LAMH object in it to finish the scene later, the only way is to load up the scene, delete the LAMH object, create a new one which opens LAMH then from LAMH import my saved preset?

Currently you must save/load from a saved preset.

Kendall

• edited December 1969

Hello everymiaow,

Just a silly question about the activation, I seem to be unable to find the installation code. I've found the Serial number and I suppose the activation code will be found on furrythings but no installation codes to be found, unless it's the order number...

Could someone please help me with this?

Andro

edited December 1969

Hi Guys,

I have just tried to use the millenium Dog short hair preset and after it has been applied Daz Studio crashes with an access Violation error.

Has anyone else tried this preset.??, or is it just me. ???.

I am running Windows 64, 16gb Ram, on Intel 3930K and Daz Studio 4.5.0.114

Cheers,

S.K.

edited January 2013

Hi Guys,

I have just tried to use the millenium Dog short hair preset and after it has been applied Daz Studio crashes with an access Violation error.

Has anyone else tried this preset.??, or is it just me. ???.

I am running Windows 64, 16gb Ram, on Intel 3930K and Daz Studio 4.5.0.114

Cheers,

S.K.

Hi S.K., I redownloaded it and checked on three different computers, and it seems to work fine. Maybe other folks can try?

Screen_Shot_2013-01-08_at_10.05_.03_AM_.jpg
    1324 x 1100 - 241K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for Checking Alessandro,

I am having no problems furrifying my own mill Dog, LAMH and Studio run fine.

Its just when I attempt to load the Preset. Not a huge problem as it encourages me to get stuck in and learn LAMH, properly.

I am fortunate that I come from Carrara which already has Dynamic Hair / Fur, so your U.I. is very straight forward for me to get to grips with.

I also have to say this is one damn fine piece of software you and Kendell have written.

You folks out there if you haven't bought it yet...BUY IT NOW.!!!!!.

S.K.

edited December 1969

Thanks S.K., anyway, it should have worked. Just a note: the http://www.furrythings.com/presets_depot/DAZMilDog-Wolf.zip is for the same figure, you might want to try if that works?

Also, I don't know if it can make a difference, but as for the DAZ Mil Big Cat, you'll need to have latest product revision (if DAZ ever had some of the Dog).

edited December 1969

I'll give em a try..

But to be honest I have just 'knocked up my own'. It took all of fifteen minutes, to set and brush the fur...Its ludicrously simple.

I also followed your settings tips..and the export file size to Lux was only 2gb..that's pretty damn good.

I CANNOT WAIT for the update to LAMH, let alone some of the future development plans that you have for it.!!

Best money I have spent at Daz in the last 18months.

S.K.

edited January 2013

I'll give em a try..

But to be honest I have just 'knocked up my own'. It took all of fifteen minutes, to set and brush the fur...Its ludicrously simple.

I also followed your settings tips..and the export file size to Lux was only 2gb..that's pretty damn good.

I CANNOT WAIT for the update to LAMH, let alone some of the future development plans that you have for it.!!

Best money I have spent at Daz in the last 18months.

S.K.

Well, to be honest that's the best reward for me and Kendall, i.e. hear that people enjoy using our little toy.

I am not allowed to give any detail yet on new features on 1.1, but we're working hard on it and focusing at making styling even easier than what it is now.

edited December 1969

Since this one has topped 100 pages, I've created a new Look at my Hair official thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14818/

This discussion has been closed.