Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    You're welcome Steve, and thanks for all your testing.

No doubt. My admiration for your rendering skills and friendliness is outweighing my jealousy at not being a tester. *chuckle*

Thanks again... :) Your very welcome Alex I really enjoy testing your plugin.

When you are ready for release what I learn from my trials of creating density maps I will try and make some video tutorials of what I have learned like using external programs such as Gimp/Paintshop ect using existing textures to use as a background so you can paint the density maps on a seperate layer for maps that already have eyebrows,beard,mustache so your density maps will line up with your textures ect.

ok I better get back to testing... :)

Steve.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:

When you are ready for release what I learn from my trials of creating density maps I will try and make some video tutorials of what I have learned like using external programs such as Gimp/Paintshop ect using existing textures to use as a background so you can paint the density maps on a seperate layer for maps that already have eyebrows,beard,mustache so your density maps will line up with your textures ect.
    Steve.

That will be certainly and largely appreciated. Thanks

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

That WILL be awesome and thanks!

CHALLENGE!

Handlebar mustache?

:)

If'n its a bit too much, I understand.

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    That WILL be awesome and thanks!

CHALLENGE!

Handlebar mustache?

:)

If'n its a bit too much, I understand.

That is quite difficult to achieve with current version, since there are no clump tools yet. One might try to comb hair, but I believe it would be quite difficult indeed.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

With this example I only used dials and didn't touch it with the brush at all so you can see you can get good result even without much work. I'm coming more from an animal fur point of view.

G-red5.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 202K
    edited December 1969

I love the look of that Midnight!

I have been messing with the density map more ok not as tight but definately short..lol

ShortAfro1e.jpg
    800 x 800 - 224K
  • Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

This is excellent the things I love is the random length and spacing and the new frizz stuff. all to get a more natural look !

edited December 1969

Awesome renders Steve and MidNight, thanks for sharing those!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

WOW... "Goat" looks awesome... your dudes fro looks really really good now! WOOF!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    WOW... "Goat" looks awesome... your dudes fro looks really really good now! WOOF!

Thanks Wolff! :)

I today I messed with mixing density maps to make paterns in the hair.

TheFlame.jpg
    800 x 800 - 274K
    edited December 1969

HAHAHA... looks like my clippers slipped actually! :P I always say... "hair grows" lol

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited September 2012

That's an interesting look SalUK ,Wolfie who are you trying to kid I'll bet it's been years since you slipped with the clippers .........except on purpose!!

Cr..p I'm so eager to play with some fuzziness I can't think!!

Post edited by carrie58 on
    edited December 1969

HAHAHA.. you know me already. Consummate perfectionist and very good reflexes for those clients that move their heads while talking to me while I'm trying to work.

So so looking forward to this release! TRULY! :-)

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,489
    edited December 1969

Just a little playing around.... :)

Not that advanced, just veeeeeeeeeery basic settings :)

3.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Hey look at that cute fluffy critter :)
    Thanks for sharing it Alia, does this mean your PC has been "cured" ? Hopefully yes...

edited December 1969

I wish it did, Alessandro :( I'm using my husband's computer briefly while he's at work to post on Daz. My virus actually doubled itself on my own computer and a complete reinstall is looking more and more likely. I'm backing up what things are safe to backup and bracing for a ton of reinstalling soon. :(

edited December 1969

I wish it did, Alessandro :( I'm using my husband's computer briefly while he's at work to post on Daz. My virus actually doubled itself on my own computer and a complete reinstall is looking more and more likely. I'm backing up what things are safe to backup and bracing for a ton of reinstalling soon. :(

Yep, I don't envy you, that will take some time and efforts...

edited September 2012

Well I got a picture done! Probably the last one (MAYBE one more while I finish backing up some files) and then it's gonna be time to wipe and reinstall my computer files.

In the meantime please enjoy..... :) Oh man LAMH is AMAZING... hair and and seaweed 'clothing' made with LAMH :) Awesome!! So many reasons to love Alessandro :)
    Edit to add, character is "From the Deep Aquatic Genesis" and is very lovely indeed. :D

Tia2c_sm.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 118K
    Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
    edited December 1969

Excellent work Alia, thank you very much! I'll be curious to see your next images! ;)

edited December 1969

A dino hunter experiment, first image is a render with medium settings and UB light; the second image a low settings render with only 1 diffuse light, and an image showing the LAMH setup.

Screen_Shot_2012-09-30_at_3.27_.38_PM_.jpg
    1315 x 1089 - 241K
    dino_hunter.jpg
    1035 x 960 - 414K
    dino_hunter_final_2.jpg
    1035 x 957 - 533K
    edited December 1969

I think I went to college with that guy.

:|

:D

edited December 1969

I hope you didn't share the same room! LOL

edited December 1969

Yep.. shower drain constantly clogged. *sigh*

edited December 1969

He looks like he would be very gassy! EWWWWWWWWWW .... nice hairs there. Very Neandro... needs a good hair cut and a blow dry! :P

• edited December 1969

Been following the blog page for a while. I don't know why I didn't see this before. I have been metaphorically salivating at this plugin since the first pic was put up and it just keeps getting better.

This is on the top of my "to save for" list and I may not buy anything until this hits the store. I am truly envious of the testers though I wouldn't have pursued testing because I haven't had a lot of time to immerse myself in any of my personal pursuits and hobbies since I started my new job.

I truly look forward to this one.

edited December 1969

I think some people were asking about mustache, and some other kinds of styles, so here's a couple I did to show the possibilities! Ladies' hairstyle, took me about an hour to make, and the men's style (including balding hair, brows, and mustache) took about an hour. :)

HisHairB.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 647K
    CurlzsB.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 596K
    edited December 1969

Excellent images Alia, thanks for sharing those! I believe maybe a little bit of random length applied to the blonde cute girl would have made hair a little more random and diversified (but I'm nitpicking here).

edited December 1969

Been following the blog page for a while. I don't know why I didn't see this before. I have been metaphorically salivating at this plugin since the first pic was put up and it just keeps getting better.

This is on the top of my "to save for" list and I may not buy anything until this hits the store. I am truly envious of the testers though I wouldn't have pursued testing because I haven't had a lot of time to immerse myself in any of my personal pursuits and hobbies since I started my new job.

I truly look forward to this one.

Thank you very much!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

OH Man!! I can't believe I wasn't getting any notifications!! Belovedalia those look so good!!!!

• FaewolfFaewolf Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

with all the great human hair styling we have going on, i thought it'd be fun to test out the animal side of things ^_^

here is the fawn! :D

to give you render time ideas - the first image took about 27 minutes which was mainly background rendering, 5 basic lights plus 1 deep shadow map shadow.

to show how quick the renderman curves are:

2nd image same lighting, just the deer took 1 min 45 seconds xD

lightdeer2.png
    933 x 902 - 524K
    deernew7b.png
    1316 x 1271 - 3M
This discussion has been closed.