Now Available - dB EnvironKit - Badlands - Commercial

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Looks really impressive :)

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Sounds like you're having fun! Great example images.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited December 1969

Just one more...

Love this! Great job.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited December 1969

Looking forward to it.... great scene, thanks! xx :) Silene

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

This looks very cool.

Nice work Dartanbeck

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210
    edited December 1969

Thanks you all! Yes, I am having fun! :)
    But then I had to finally go to bed. Wow. Insomnia's getting the better of me these days!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Tell me about it! The clocks go forwards here tonight, so that's another hour lost...

edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    Tell me about it! The clocks go forwards here tonight, so that's another hour lost...
    Yeah, ours did that already. Takes a bit to adjust ;)
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:

Yes, I can't understand why we can't at least all do it together on the same date. It means that the UK's time difference to the West Coast USA is usually eight hours, but the last few weeks has been seven hours. Don't they know that lots of people communicate internationally these days!

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    Tim_A said:

Yes, I can't understand why we can't at least all do it together on the same date. It means that the UK's time difference to the West Coast USA is usually eight hours, but the last few weeks has been seven hours. Don't they know that lots of people communicate internationally these days!

I don't either. It seems it all changed in 2007.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Act_of_2005#Change_to_daylight_saving_time

The bill amends the Uniform Time Act of 1966 by changing the start and end dates of daylight saving time, beginning in 2007. Clocks were set ahead one hour on the second Sunday of March (March 11, 2007) instead of on the first Sunday of April (April 1, 2007). Clocks were set back one hour on the first Sunday in November (November 4, 2007), rather than on the last Sunday of October (October 28, 2007).

Bugger, forgot about the clocks.... have to get up an hour earlier for surgery...aw man....it'll be 6am in my head!!

:coolcheese: Silene

edited December 1969

Speaking of Time, have any of you ever seen the process that they've gone through to determine the agreed upon time that One Second lasts? That was no simple matter!

edited December 1969

Isn't it just as simple as counting the vibrations of a Caesium atom...

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited March 2014

PhilW said:
    Isn't it just as simple as counting the vibrations of a Caesium atom...

You Brits.... Spelling color wrong, putting steering wheels on the opposite side that they should be on. Now I see that you spell Cesium differently as well. Tsk, tsk, tsk. ;-)

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

There, I made an example animation of the wonderful Lava Lake and put it up on my YouTube channel, if anyone's interested. Since it's just a short animation, I also added the rest of the promo shots as well:
    Badlands Lava Lake Preset - Animated Example

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

laurenwbr said:
    PhilW said:
    Tim_A said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Policy_Act_of_2005#Change_to_daylight_saving_time

The bill amends the Uniform Time Act of 1966 by changing the start and end dates of daylight saving time, beginning in 2007. Clocks were set ahead one hour on the second Sunday of March (March 11, 2007) instead of on the first Sunday of April (April 1, 2007). Clocks were set back one hour on the first Sunday in November (November 4, 2007), rather than on the last Sunday of October (October 28, 2007).

Bugger, forgot about the clocks.... have to get up an hour earlier for surgery...aw man....it'll be 6am in my head!!

That is what happens when you elect lawyers to make laws! :-)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited March 2014

laurenwbr said:
    PhilW said:
    Tim_A said:

That is what happens when you elect lawyers to make laws! :-)

If it's needlessly complicated, then it is either engineers or lawyers. In the case of daylight savings time, it is both. ;-)

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

Another must buy. Congratulations, Dartanbeck! Firstbastion has excellent sets that would go well with this type of scenery

http://www.daz3d.com/ambush-alley-post-apocalyptic-bundle
    http://www.daz3d.com/ambush-apocalypse-wasteland-environment-props

ambush-bundle.jpg
    350 x 455 - 40K
    amba-promo-main_copy.jpg
    350 x 455 - 62K
    edited December 1969

Absolutely!
    Although I don't have those yet, I will. I have a nice First Bastion collection growing! :)
    All of his stuff works well with EnvironKits!

edited December 1969

Just so it doesn't get lost through the pages, Here's the link to the animated Lava preview video

It's very short, so it's supplemented with Badlands promotion images, with the lava lake animation playing at the beginning and end.
    I really like how the lava flows during animations - it looks great in stills! It uses both displacement in the shader as well as the Ocean primitive to gain access to the automated movements of waves. The video clip (above link) was made with a slight counter-clockwise rotation and a slight translation toward the camera over the extent of the render with a bezier tweener. Each cloud also uses a besier with rotation and translation. This sort of thing is really fun to play with.

edited December 1969

The lava looks excellent - I left you a YouTube comment too.

edited December 1969

Thank you Phil! I'm really glad to hear some feedback! I really like it, too!
    You know, being a big Star Wars fan that I am, all while I was adding the text to the sequence in Howler, I had the "Anakin vs Obi-Wan" theme from Episode III (the music playing behind their epic duel over the lava pit) running through my head! I can really see using this Lava Lake in some Sci-Fi sets for such scenes in some animations!
    We'll see if I can script some of that into play ;)

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

I like the animate Lava and everything else. Great set!

edited December 1969

Thanks Ringo!

edited March 2014

I like the animate Lava and everything else. Great set!

Ringo, love your skin shaders... would you ever think to create distressed skin shaders? Not wounds, but instead of pristine jungle princesses or princes who seem to run barefoot through a battle or nasty envriroment without getting dirty, could do with some realistic shaders. I would use them for stills, but some of the adventure animations I have seen... although some are bloody, they go overboard to zombie-ville. What about just a skin that is just realistically scratched, bruised and dirty (with sliders to regulate intensity) on a hero/heroine running for his/her life...she's not going to look like she just got off the catwalk having lost her Jimmy Choos that fell off her perfectly manicured and clean feet!

I do my distressing in PS wort work, but it would be more inspirational to work with them live and action-worn.. I am not talented enough to paint them in Carrara so they would look realistic enough. And am a ways away from buying Howler. Would happily pay for this. I have viewed Dirty Girl and Good as Dead in the store, but not what I am really after.

(Silene pictures Rosie being chased by a giant armadillo or a drug lord in the badlands and Dart rescues her...but she still needs a bath....him, too!)

Again, love your work and shaders!!

xx ;) Silene

ETA... Dart...get that thing in the store...I want it NOW!

Post edited by SileneUK on
    edited March 2014

argus1000 said:
    Another must buy. Congratulations, Dartanbeck! Firstbastion has excellent sets that would go well with this type of scenery

http://www.daz3d.com/ambush-alley-post-apocalyptic-bundle
    http://www.daz3d.com/ambush-apocalypse-wasteland-environment-props

I love First Bastion and have a couple of his sets. I love the Steppes! You can work with them to get all kinds of scene settings. :) Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

a link -

http://youtu.be/VA_vc6WxnL0

pass it on to all your friends please

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    a link -

http://youtu.be/VA_vc6WxnL0

pass it on to all your friends please

I think you just did! ;)

But just in case,

Check out bigh's HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY VIDEO

Thanks bigh! Frickin' Fun!

• OldminerOldminer Posts: 134
    edited April 2014

The Badlands EnvironKit shows up in a DAZ search but is not really there- does this mean you are near a release? Hope so as I am really looking forward to it.

Post edited by Oldminer on
    edited December 1969

Yes... tomorrow, I think.
    It was really fun. My QA tester just loved all of the variety. I've never had such a huge response from the head office since Starry Sky, which was also a 'shocker' in the office, I was told.

Anyways, they had to make it available to my DIM so I could approve the packaging. It's done and headed for the store as we speak! :)
    Yaaaaaay!!!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Yes... tomorrow, I think.
    It was really fun. My QA tester just loved all of the variety. I've never had such a huge response from the head office since Starry Sky, which was also a 'shocker' in the office, I was told.

Anyways, they had to make it available to my DIM so I could approve the packaging. It's done and headed for the store as we speak! :)
    Yaaaaaay!!!

how much
    how big is the download