Black Is Beautiful II

Comments

• Standard DeviationStandard Deviation Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

This is P4NW.

A Poser 6, VSS render with 3 regular lights.

(Sorry about the silly pose, and shiny wig... habit).

M1_BB.PNG
    1024 x 768 - 356K
    edited December 1969

Here is my favorite ethnic V4 morph hosted here at Daz3D, she's by Phoenix1966.

http://www.daz3d.com/indira

She's quite versatile, thanks Phoenix1966.

I see that my favorite vendor is absent from the list so far.

Here are a few (nanny warning - full frontal nude imagery ahead).

M4
    http://illusions-designs.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=62_146&products_id=486

V4
    http://illusions-designs.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=62_125&products_id=551
    http://illusions-designs.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=62_125&products_id=487

You can trawl the site for more ethnic textures for the Daz3d Gen 3, and 4 figures, and more.

Best to buy them during a sale at $3 each (appx), or during a BOGOF, I bought them all.

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Sorry for the lack of updates, been a little out of it and my internet has been uncooperative. Surprised I didn't have any Illusions Designs links in the list since I've glanced at the site before. As usual, just shoot me a heads up if you see anything to add here.

For the question farther upthread about Bishop, I've always thought the look with hair was more unique and thus more iconic than the bald one.

edited December 1969

Here's a ShareCG portfolio link with some nice ethnic V3 morphs, with textures.

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=copilote

edited December 1969

...did Wynn get pulled from the market?

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    ...did Wynn get pulled from the market?

Looks like it. He still comes up on a search but the link leads to a 404.

Not showing in either New Releases or on ForbiddenWhispers store page.

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That's odd. I got Wynn. If there's an issue with it, I don't know what it is.

edited December 1969

My uneducated guess is that he was pulled due to low sales. Can't confirm this but the only other time I've seen a vendor pull their own product from Daz was for that reason. Granted I'm new so it could be any number of reasons. Disappointing since I hoped to get him this upcoming paycheck.

I guess that puts some things in different perspectives. I'll be adding my two freebies to this list. I originally didn't add them since it felt a little egotistical to post my own stuff but that seems foolish in retrospect.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/64726/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Suka-for-Genesis
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/66103/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Udongo-for-Genesis

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It seems really early to do that. He wasn't even around long enough to be part of a PA sale, which is when a lot of people would get him and other items from their store.

edited December 1969

I'd have also thought it was too early if I hadn't seen the same thing happen relatively recently on a different product. Oh well, no use speculating.

I need to post more art here. I render less than I used to but it wouldn't hurt to post more.

Just Your Average Morning Commute

Morning_Commute_2.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 157K
  • jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited June 2013

Very glad to find this thread - I've been looking for just this type of content! Thanks so much!

Post edited by jerriecan on
    edited December 1969

Glad it's of use. I need to be more vocal when I update the first post. P3Design's got a new figure out and a storewide sale going on.

edited December 1969

I must have been napping, but here is a heads up for the tail end of a $3 dollar sale at ID

http://illusions-designs.net/catalog/

• SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

A new captain...

Space_Swagger02_web.jpg
    1080 x 1920 - 108K
    edited December 1969

Nice work. Out of curiosity, which figure?

edited December 1969

Ethnicity for Genesis/M4/V4 is currently on FastGrab. Forgot to mention it earlier in the weekend.

• SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    Nice work. Out of curiosity, which figure?

Sorry, I didn't get back to you. It's M4. The texture is Rapper. I forget which morph I used. It may be Trey.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    Bit of a resource post: thanks to the previous render somebody asked me what I thought of the detail of Adham's palms and feet, so I wound up test-rendering my five darkest Genesis skin-textures from DAZ: Raw VooDoo, Adham, TyreseM5, Candace, and Benjamin . . .

Thanks, that's actually quite useful. Wish more promos would show the palms and soles of characters.
    Original post's here if anybody wants to see the pics -- below's the palm'n'footsole shots from the promos of the new Sierra for Gia.
    Sierra_palmnfootsole_g1.jpg
    600 x 500 - 102K
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Here's one I've just done of Sierra for Gia, but just a wee bit too nude for posting attaching image...

*** warning *** nudity alert *** warning *** NSFW *** http://fav.me/d6eibuf *** NSFW *** warning ***

***warning *** have you been warned enough yet? *** warning *** here ends the warning ***

(maybe been watching too many 50s & 60s B movies recently - there's always a copious amount of klaxons and loud hailer warnings)

Doctor, is it time for my medication yet? ;-P

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,804
    edited July 2013

Jabba's image makes me think that the promos for Sierra are not well done. I didn't buy her because of those foot images -- and honestly, given who produced the character, it startled me that they would make that choice, and then showcase it in the promos.

What I'm wondering is if the promo pictures for the feet, in particular, show Sierra using the new Subsurface Toolbox. She's listed as having both HSS and Subsurface textures. I've discovered that the subsurface colors for some of the presets that come with the Toolbox itself may have improperly set subsurface values.. All of the "Complex" presets flip the subsurface color to black, and I'm pretty sure there isn't a human alive that should have a black subsurface. Dark red, maybe, but not black. And what happens if you've got subsurface turned up high enough is that it actually darkens the skin as though you had turned the diffuse a much darker color. Especially with a darker texture, it's easy to miss the fact that the subsurface value itself is actually wrong -- the preset is supposed to give you good results out of the box, not mess things up.

(Honestly, a lot of the promo images for various Gia products don't really show the items at their best.)

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited November 2016

KickAir 8P said:

ZamuelNow said:

Thanks, that's actually quite useful. Wish more promos would show the palms and soles of characters.

Original post's here if anybody wants to see the pics -- below's the palm'n'footsole shots from the promos of the new Sierra for Gia.

Well, against my better judgement, I picked up Sierra. And it turns out that the promos are accurate. She has a colored diffuse texture, which means that her palms and soles are much darker than they should be.. She actually looks quite a bit better with the Subsurface shaders than with the HSS (once you turn the Subsurface value down from 200%, which I don't really get at all), but even so...

Makes me a bit sad, really. I like her face and head -- I love her face and head -- but it's not enough.

edited December 1969

That's disappointing. It's situations like this where I really wish we had an independent review site somewhere for Daz/Poser products.

Regardless, updated the first post with her and some other stuff. Let me know if anything released in the past month is missing.

edited July 2013

ZamuelNow said:
    That's disappointing. It's situations like this where I really wish we had an independent review site somewhere for Daz/Poser products.

Regardless, updated the first post with her and some other stuff. Let me know if anything released in the past month is missing.

The only place I can think that might work for open reviews is maybe 3dopencommunity.com, but it doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic.

Not from the past month, but I think Tyrese M5 (DAZ) is missing from the male section of the master list.

EDIT: Also, you might want to put a note next to Moda Cuts (Hair) that it's for Carrara only.

• McRenArtMcRenArt Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

sorry if this is not the right place :-(
    I've trying install correctly the bundle for M3 and V4 ( egyptians ) I can see and use V4 egyptians character but I cannot find anything for M3
    can you help ??
    thank you :)

• владвлад Posts: 4
    edited July 2013

Indeed Black is Very Beautiful

Street_Dance.jpg
    1900 x 1343 - 1M
    Post edited by влад on
  • LJWMLJWM Posts: 126
    edited August 2013

Deleted.

Post edited by LJWM on
  • The Vertex DoctorThe Vertex Doctor Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Clothing: Corsair for Genesis
    Scene: Taranis
    Skin: Candace for Stephanie 5

Quick mockup to test skin and clothing for a render for a birthday card and invitation cards for an upcoming navy vs pirates themed party.

Really pleased with the Candace skin on boys unless I have to do swimming scenes. Need to fix the eyes too, they seem a little dull or filmy.

Kid_Corsair.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 375K
    edited November 2016

Mrgrayewolf said:

Clothing: Corsair for Genesis
    Scene: Taranis
    Skin: Candace for Stephanie 5

Quick mockup to test skin and clothing for a render for a birthday card and invitation cards for an upcoming navy vs pirates themed party.

Really pleased with the Candace skin on boys unless I have to do swimming scenes. Need to fix the eyes too, they seem a little dull or filmy.

That's a very cute image!

I think something may have changed in the texture production process at some point. I've noticed that a few recent characters I've picked up have blurry eyes if you use the HSS version of the materials. The Daz Studio default eyes are fine, and Subsurface eyes are usually fine. And, honestly, eyes are something I don't worry about too much; if something's wrong with one set, unless there's something distinct about them, another character's eyes will do just fine.

edited December 1969

Anyone else been having posting troubles? Been having some difficulties, especially with updating this thread. Also, I thought there was a question asked here that disappeared.

edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    Anyone else been having posting troubles? Been having some difficulties, especially with updating this thread. Also, I thought there was a question asked here that disappeared.

McRen had a question about M3/V3 Egyptians that never got answered. LJWM had a post where apparently he/she deleted the content.

Others have been reporting some sorts of issues, but I haven't experienced them myself.