Rag-erator for daz

WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I just bought ragerator for daz, but can't make it work. Do I need to use it differently that any other shader?

Comments

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

It's just like any other shader... select the Item in the scenetab, select the surface in the surfacestab, use the shader. And with this shader I never had the problem that you'll only see the shader when you're rendering, so... I'd guess something went wrong with downloading or with the installation... happens sometimes, computers are funny that way. I had some items that I downloaded more than once and installed more than once and then they 'magically' worked, when they wouldn't before *shrug*

Allthough with shaders sometimes it's a RAM thing too I guess... I sometimes have to close and open DS in order to be able to use shaders again. And you can overdo shaders *lol* I did it... it's funny when you're trying to make a bigger object dirty and suddenly no more dirtshaders for you. ;)

I'd try reinstalling and if that won't work, redownloading and reinstalling... and if that doesn't work... maybe the download is borked with the work that is done to the products... there's this downloadrepairtoll (I think from Kendall?) that's been posted somewehre in this forum, maybe that can help in that case.

Hope you get it to work, it's a really nice product :)

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

It doesn't seem to work with the SuperSuit (perhaps unsurprisingly). Or am I missing something?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

You may need to change the Tiling of the Shader once applied. Some of the Supersuit zones are rather small so the shader might need adjusting from the default for them to show.

And of course they only show properly at render time, Spot Render is your friend for quick adjustments.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    You may need to change the Tiling of the Shader once applied. Some of the Supersuit zones are rather small so the shader might need adjusting from the default for them to show.

And of course they only show properly at render time, Spot Render is your friend for quick adjustments.

One may also need to use the LIE to adjust the position/orientation of the textures/maps used for the shaders as well.

Kendall