What do you hope to see in 2014?

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I use the traditional tree view, not the smart content pane as the latter takes up too much room on the screen. I also have a fair amount of content from other sources besides the Daz store that does not have any metadata.

About half my library/runtime was installed with the old .exe installers as I couldn't get the first release of the DIM to work correctly partly due to a bug and partly due to very slow connectivity at the time. For everything that included a metadata installer with it I installed that as well.

Which does not change the symptoms or the probable fix.
  • Rayman29Rayman29 Posts: 0
    edited March 2014

More use of JCMs. Smays Stalker Girl for Genesis is a good example.

It includes dozens of corrective JCMs, and so has little joint distortion when posed. Compared to Julie for example, which has a few JCMs for the eyes and hands. And distorts quite a lot when posed.

Post edited by Rayman29 on
  • RitaCelesteRitaCeleste Posts: 625
    edited December 1969

A shoe horn that fits V4 shoes to Genesis and Genesis 2!!! Autofit can sure trash some V4 shoes. I drool over Poser Pro 2014's claims of a fitting room. (Which wouldn't help me get V4 anything on Genesis...) Feet are important. When I see V4 stuff with matching shoes and I know they will never fit anybody I own it kinda stinks. Please, somebody, anybody, a reliable way to get V4 shoes on Genesis and Genesis 2.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

A shoe horn that fits V4 shoes to Genesis and Genesis 2!!! Autofit can sure trash some V4 shoes. I drool over Poser Pro 2014's claims of a fitting room. (Which wouldn't help me get V4 anything on Genesis...) Feet are important. When I see V4 stuff with matching shoes and I know they will never fit anybody I own it kinda stinks. Please, somebody, anybody, a reliable way to get V4 shoes on Genesis and Genesis 2.

...+1
  • RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

more animation love from Mr. and Mrs. Daz

• edited March 2014

What I'd like to see is proper self-collision and deformation on figures and objects. I'm pretty sure, in real life, when you bend your forearm, it doesn't go right through your bicep, nor does it stop the very instant it makes contact with it. Same goes for the legs. I can't believe this is still even an issue in 2014. The problem gets worse the more heavy or muscled your figures are, and it kills realism in DS more than anything else for me. It also leads to things like the not-very-realistic semi-squat that you see in a lot of DS promo renders, which is a pose that I've never seen anyone do in reality. Try posing any figure at all in a proper squat and watch as the shin goes right into the thigh.

Even more annoyingly, I never see anyone even acknowledge this, it's like the elephant in the room. Everyone just works around it and ignores it.

Post edited by markboyd_mail_15ad863537 on
  • ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited March 2014

Carrara 9

Non-Optitex dynamic cloth for Studio and Carrara. I want to be able to create my own dynamic cloth and convert conforming clothes to dynamic, similar to what Poser can do.

Dynamic hair built into Studio.

Genesis 2 Child with clothes, especially dresses, coats, and school uniforms.

Winter clothes for Genesis such as ski jackets, parkas, snow boots, etc.

Millennium Cat 2, with dynamic fur.

Millennium Dog 2, with dynamic fur.

Spacecraft by Kibarreto or similar in style. I would like larger ones designed with sleeping quarters, cargo areas, and science stations. Specific ship styles I would like to see are Free Traders, patrol ships, research vessels, and smaller military ships.

Sci-Fi uniforms and outfits for male and female that match or have similar styles.

Edit: I thought I should clarify the spacecraft I would like to see. I am thinking of something similar to the Vanguard, but larger. I like the fact that it has both an interior and an exterior.

Post edited by Zylox on
    edited December 1969

...a CMS that doesn't die?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

The death of CMS altogether!

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Or better yet, multiple CMS per user. I would like to have one set up for Generation 4, another for Genesis, and another for Genesis 2. Then, if all I want to work with is Genesis 2, the other stuff goes away.

edited December 1969

...what if you need to autofit say gen4 clothing or Genesis1 morphs (through GenerationX2) to G2F? Wouldn't having separate individual databases create a conflicts?

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...what if you need to autofit say gen4 clothing or Genesis1 morphs (through GenerationX2) to G2F? Wouldn't having separate individual databases create a conflicts?

You are absolutely right, but maybe with all CMS running, they could cross-connect, if that makes sense? I just know that, the majority of the time, I prefer to work only with Genesis 2 as it's my favorite generation. I know that is probably ironic, since most of my store consists of products that help bring the older generations to the new generation. I have UV sets for the Gen5 people coming out very soon, Aiko 5, David 5, etc. and of course the Legacy Shapes and the M4 for Gen2M product. But, under most circumstances, I just load up Genesis 2 and use their skins and clothing and hair.

Maybe with multiple CMS, you can assign something to more than one... for example your favorite Genesis dress could exist in both CMS so that when you turn off your "Genesis" CMS, it still appears in the Genesis 2 content. I'm sure this idea is ridiculous, maybe a better way to filter our content library would be more practical. Like, show me only Gen2 stuff, regardless of what I have selected in the scene, etc.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

You are absolutely right, but maybe with all CMS running, they could cross-connect, if that makes sense? I just know that, the majority of the time, I prefer to work only with Genesis 2 as it's my favorite generation. I know that is probably ironic, since most of my store consists of products that help bring the older generations to the new generation. I have UV sets for the Gen5 people coming out very soon, Aiko 5, David 5, etc. and of course the Legacy Shapes and the M4 for Gen2M product. But, under most circumstances, I just load up Genesis 2 and use their skins and clothing and hair.

Maybe with multiple CMS, you can assign something to more than one... for example your favorite Genesis dress could exist in both CMS so that when you turn off your "Genesis" CMS, it still appears in the Genesis 2 content. I'm sure this idea is ridiculous, maybe a better way to filter our content library would be more practical. Like, show me only Gen2 stuff, regardless of what I have selected in the scene, etc.

Why not just create your own top-level categories for Genesis, Genesis 2, V4, M4, etc.?

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...wouldn't want to be the programmer that task gets assigned to.

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Why not just create your own top-level categories for Genesis, Genesis 2, V4, M4, etc.?
    ...as my signature says...

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    Or better yet, multiple CMS per user. I would like to have one set up for Generation 4, another for Genesis, and another for Genesis 2. Then, if all I want to work with is Genesis 2, the other stuff goes away.
    I am missing something here. If you have Genesis in your scene, selected, then all you see is things for Genesis. If you have Genesis 2 Female in your scene and select her, then all you see is Genesis 2 Female items. If you have both in your scene what you see depends on which is selected. The other stuff is not visible. That is what the database allows.

Isn't that what you are asking for? It is already there.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

A "clothify" button instead of relying on the grace of Opitex for new dynamic clothes xD

Multiple-object collision and the ability to apply additional collision modifiers to sub-objects (even self-collision). I can't count the number of times I've wanted to use self-collision to have a hand give a slight indent on skin. Instead it's tedious postwork T_T

• urkitosurkitos Posts: 1
    edited May 2014

Anatomy, muscle maps for G2!

Post edited by urkitos on
    edited December 1969

A "clothify" button instead of relying on the grace of Opitex for new dynamic clothes xD

Multiple-object collision and the ability to apply additional collision modifiers to sub-objects (even self-collision). I can't count the number of times I've wanted to use self-collision to have a hand give a slight indent on skin. Instead it's tedious postwork T_T

...+1 on both counts.
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I will settle for Muscle morph sets for the G2's with Flexon. That would really be nice.

New plugins like cloth and Physics are simply not going to happen properly in one year.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I will settle for Muscle morph sets for the G2's with Flexon. That would really be nice.

Jaderail,

Do you mean a G2F/G2M version of this?

http://www.daz3d.com/morphs/genesis-evolution-muscularity

I think a lot of people are waiting for these. I'd certainly pay up for a G2F version.

Cheers,

Alex.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Jaderail,

Do you mean a G2F/G2M version of this?

http://www.daz3d.com/morphs/genesis-evolution-muscularity

I think a lot of people are waiting for these. I'd certainly pay up for a G2F version.

Cheers,

Alex.Yep that is exactly what I want for G2.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I'm really waiting for those muscle morphs as well. Although I have to agree that a new generation of muscle maps as well as what was called 'anatomy' content for Gen 4 figures would be quite welcome as well.

• GXT6000GXT6000 Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

The ability to move the figure around the scene via the "WADS" keys or the like.;-)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...+1 on both counts.

+1 here also, collision is very valuable to me in scenes, but it is still very basic and needs some serious enhancements

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

I dont know if some of those have already be mentioned, but here are my wishes:

- fall off controls for the DAZ stock lights, especially the spot

- a "drag and drop" feature for the scene tab, so you can change the order of items listed there. Maybe also a folder structure, to create folders and place items in there

- shadow preview in the viewport

- better scene navigation, like "walking around" in a scene with the arrow keys

- improved Auto-Fit, especially for skirts and shoes

- a "render in background" option that does not lock your computer while rendering

edited December 1969

XoechZ said:
    - a "render in background" option that does not lock your computer while rendering
    This one is doable now if your multi core. Set Affinity to leave some cores free with DAZ Studio in Render mode and just do Render to File. I do it all the time. Then mini DAZ and go do stuff.
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    XoechZ said:
    This one is doable now if your multi core. Set Affinity to leave some cores free with DAZ Studio in Render mode and just do Render to File. I do it all the time. Then mini DAZ and go do stuff.
    Even rendering to a new window doesn't lock your computer from doing other things. Unless he means rendering so you can work on a new scene at the same time.
    edited June 2014

Vaskania said:
    Jaderail said:
    XoechZ said:

Even rendering to a new window doesn't lock your computer from doing other things. Unless he means rendering so you can work on a new scene at the same time.Well that would need more of course. Never thought of that as a need myself.

EDIT: Yep to Window is minimizable to but eats a screen port you could have free.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

...maybe something more on the lines of the Queue Manager in Poser Pro perhaps?

One other possible workaround for this would be to render to a RIB and use the Standalone 3Delight The latest free version now uses four instead of two cores for rendering.