Products show support for certain shapes..meaning what?

KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
edited December 1969 in New Users

What exactly does it mean when products support certain shapes? Does this mean the product automatically fits the figure or are there morphs you dial into both the product and the figure? I am looking at one item in particular the new hair in the snowball... Dea Araneam Hair...says it has support for Gia6 Girl6 V6 and then bodybuilder emaciated etc...how exactly does this work?

I know I have been playing in DS for quite awhile now but this is something I have always wondered and maybe why I can't get some items to fit the way I want?

Comments

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

For stuff in the DAZ store, typically a vendor can make 'hand crafted' morphs to fit the shapes they particularly want to support, and then let autofollow handle fitting all the other shapes. For example, a lot of us will take a shirt or top into a modeling app to smooth out the area between the breasts so that it doesn't have that "vacuform" look. Some clothing types don't need hand tweaking and everyone has their own preference about what shapes to support.

Pretty much any genesis-era outfit in the DAZ store will go on any shape without actually exploding - like putting a bra on the freak - or else they won't put it in the store. But "supports" usually means the outfit has a morph specifically fitted to that shape.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

thanks for explaining Canary3D :) just to clarify..does that mean if a Genesis dress has a fit for say Rebysky, or girl 6 you need to dial in rebysky or girl 6 morph in the character and the dress?

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 2013

Nope, it automatically dials for you - that's what autofollow is. If the morph has been made specially, it is already there, and if it's not there, DS will create it in the background using "morph projection" the first time you dial it.

If you're using Genesis in Poser with DSON, you just have to run the little script from the DSON plugin menu that says "transfer active morphs" and it will do the same thing :)

Post edited by Canary3d on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

ok I understand it now, thank you again for explaining, I only use DS,no poser, so don't have to worry about that part for DSON