DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.1.39 - General Release - Update!

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

JayPeeBee said:

After rebooting my computer and re-installed daz studio ( 32 and 64) without DIM, the software has been able to work. The only thing in both case was the content manager server has stopped working.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: ContentManagementServer.exe

Corrupt Database is the most likely culprit. Please follow the steps here: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane
  • Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

I could have been clearer. I've already confirmed that Studio is only using 4 of the available threads and only recognizing 3 gigs of RAM. Some software has a property setting that allows you to select how many cores are used. I'm not very familiar with Studio. I thought perhaps there was some setting I'd missed somehow, but now I think not. The ticket is filed and I sent in the log so I'll hope Daz can help. I've recently done a clean installation of everything and I want to exhaust everything else before repeating all that work.

• jean_paul_baconjean_paul_bacon Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

Thank You all for your help ! Finally everythings came back to work !

I first updated my windows dll with windows update !

I had to follow all the steps in the "Trouble-shooting the Smart Content Pane" and re-import metadata base after re-installing in first Daz Install Manager, then both versions of daz studio. It took about an hour to rebuilt the metadata base in daz studio.

Accept all my gratitude all for your help !
    And Happy Hollidays !

JayPeeBee said:

After rebooting my computer and re-installed daz studio ( 32 and 64) without DIM, the software has been able to work. The only thing in both case was the content manager server has stopped working.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: ContentManagementServer.exe

Corrupt Database is the most likely culprit. Please follow the steps here: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane
  • Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 2013

I downloaded the latest beta and looking in the zip file I saw there were some interesting scripts, especially the "Update and merge Menus"
    But it seems it doesn't do the job completely well : after executing it, as some items are missing in the Edit menu. Screenshots before and after script below

[Edit] : found the missing items. In fact everything was moved elsewhere

Capture_after_script.JPG
    228 x 315 - 21K
    Capture_before_script.JPG
    220 x 344 - 20K
    Post edited by Takeo.Kensei on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

The Update and merge script doesn't keep entries that already occur elsewhere in the menu tree, which is a pain. The good news is that - if I understood Rob correctly - commands are now logged so that DS can tell whether they are part of a layout and can be updated or user-additions which should be left in place, so you shouldn't need to run the script again to accommodate future updates.

edited December 1969

I'm OK with the moved menus I can get accustomed to their new placement. That is just surprising at first when you don't find them where they were before

A little idea if someone at DAZ is interested : I'd find it useful to have also something equivalent to that script to merge some toolbars or some way to copy/paste some toolbars from one layout to an other. I just reconfigured my layout and I did that by copy pasted of some lines but it would be better to have the ability to do that inside DS.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Is there user who customized short-cut and , save and use it wihtout import Action dsx again?

I think, if I customize short-cut in customize menu, and apply it,
    it should be recorded as current Layout component.

So that, next when I open ds, it should be keep the customized short-cut.

but it do not work for me. ( I use windows 7, then use my pc as Admin user. )
    I do not know it had been problem, or it happen about new ds version.

but How I try to keep the customized short-cut, I can not it.
    (After try so many things, then now I wait official announcement about save layout correctly.

I think there should be some problem, when save and load layout, with each Action,menu,Layout
    from user appdata loaming directories.

it seems problem about user priviledge, virtual store,, but I am not programmer, so that
    I can not where is wrong.

anyway, please someone check ,each step, and if it caused by my missunderstanding,
    tell me the way how to save the customized layout (Action) .

edited December 2013

I had no problem customizing and saving. Just make sure to save your customized Layout (F4) when you're done (see below). It will save all appropriate files in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build\user layouts

If you have rights problems you can try starting DS with elevated rights (right click -> run as administrator )

DS_Layout01.png
    1920 x 1029 - 270K
    Post edited by Takeo.Kensei on
    edited December 2013

Hi,,Takeo,
    you can really change short cut of some action?

I can change layout. but I say I can not save the customized short cut.

yes I apply and accept everytime, then save it as layout too.
    and I understand, ds try to save the files that you mentioned location.

then next open ds again, short cut turn to default.
    not customized one.

see my pic, (of course, I use customized layout, as usuall. but when I change short cut about each action,
    these action seems not saved, then if I export action.dsx as you mentioned, the user directory,
    actually the file are edited. but when I save the layout,(F4) and select the layout,
    the customized layout have gone

customeshortcut1.JPG
    957 x 704 - 106K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 2013

after edit my Action short cut, I appy and accept. then now poligon group editor short cut have changed. pic2

to confirm, I save it as new layout as mynewdefault. pic3

but next open ds, poligon group editor short cut change to default. actually my edited short cut can not work.
    and if I check customize menu again, the short cut turn default too. pic4

(And I lalready tred to launch DS as Admin by right click many times too,, ^^;)

Then I try to load my saved layout again, but it can not work.. pic5

I think, Action.dsx ( if you check action.dsx, you can edit short cut manually about the Action)
    which saved in user directory seems not load or apply correctly, when I select the layout.

then I try export or import action too, but it only work at that time.

next open ds, it never work, everytime I may need to load action.dsx in customized menu.
    and it cause another trouble too.
    (eg my short cut seems mix up with editted and default , it have double short cut,,some times)

short_cut5.JPG
    795 x 627 - 60K
    customeshortcut4.JPG
    971 x 549 - 85K
    customeshort3.JPG
    746 x 602 - 70K
    customshortcut2.JPG
    879 x 552 - 75K
    edited December 1969

I just did the test again. I don't even need to save the Layout to get the Shortcuts saved. I just have to quit DS
    I've tried with my custom actions and DS Zoom in preset in Animate and it worked

I also just changed again an icon and saved the Layout, then close DS and when I opened it again ithe new icon was still there

DS_custom_actions_and_shortcuts.png
    1920 x 1034 - 361K
    edited December 2013

Thanks ,,As you say,,
    usually when I set custom action with keybord short cut,,
    or change layout only, (eg add Action for tool menu), it work without problem.
    so that I set many script with short cut,, for my layouts,,

And about these case,, I need not save layouts again.

but about short cut of default menus,,
    it can not work about my case. it must turn default short cut ^^;

so I feel strange,,

now I see you have changed short cut abouot some action,,
    then it still keep the short cut (not menu or layout change), when you next open ds?
    but thank you much,,, ^^ you may not need more test,,

I may check my customized dsx files and, how it change, when I set new short cut
    and close ds,,

edited December 1969

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

it seems DS can not save, just about I have tried to change short cut so many times ^^;;

because I can change or edit short cut, about file menu or Animate 2 short cut,,
    but it can not save about view port tool,
    poligon group editor, or weight map brush etc WHY???????????????

(Takeo pleaaaase test about view port tools short cut ^^;;; if you have time,,)

edited December 1969

It seems it doesn't work for all actions : I can change the Polygon Group Editor Icon but NOT the shortcut.
    You should fill a bug report

edited December 1969

I hope,, daz admin may check this topic ^^; it is bad manner?

because I have sent many ticket and send bug reprot before,,
    but about many case, I need to wait long time without reply.
    even though I send ticket. and after all I can not get answer ,
    what I can do, they are too busy,, when I need help or confirm..

anyway thank you much to test and confirm it. (- /\ -)

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited December 1969

The Update and Merge Menus script first records any menu customizations*. Then it clears the menus and loads the new defaults. Then, it iterates over the recorded customizations and weaves those entries back into the new defaults. While weaving those entries back in, if a menu item that was recorded as being "custom" already exists in a given menu as a result of loading the new defaults, the customization of that item is discarded - if it wasn't done this way you would end up with duplicate items. This basically means that while the ordering of customizations should be preserved, the default ordering of items in a given menu override that of customizations.

*The script can only do this if it can discern which menu items are "custom" an which are not. Prior to build 4.6.0.83, the application simply did not keep track. A menu item either existed, or it didn't. In 4.6.0.83, I added support for keeping track - so that I could write a script that would "Update and Merge Menus" for users that have customizations they want to keep, but also want the improvements to the defaults. This support consisted of a few changes. One of the changes was to record whether a menu item is "custom" in the menu configuration file for the session - which saves each time you accept the Customize dialog, apply a layout and/or successfully close the application. This file is one that causes the interface to load in the same state you last used it.

Because the session menu file already existed for anyone who had run the application and because there was no concept of whether a menu item was "default" or not when it was constructed, an initial state had to be assumed. Either everything was "custom", or everything was "default." Assuming everything was initially custom defeats the point of the script... so it had to be assumed that any entry that wasn't explicitly marked as being non-default was in fact "default", and could therefore be ignored in the recording phase of the script. Unfortunately, this meant that any customizations that are not "Custom Actions" (which are always "custom" - by definition) are lost when the script is run on customizations created in builds prior to 4.6.0.83.

There are a couple of ways to "fix" this...

1) Re-apply your saved layout to restore your old menus... (you did remember to save your layout, correct?). Then, manually edit the session menus.dsx in "%appdata%/DAZ 3D/Studio4" (or "%appdata%/DAZ 3D/Studio4 Public Build") to add the Default="false" attribute to each element that you want to keep where they are currently. Don't bother editing the "Action" child elements of the "CurrentActionList" element, it will not have the effect you want. Keep your editing to the MainMenu, PaneMenus, PersistentMenus and ViewToolMenus children.

OR

2) After running the script once (which will replace the menus with the defaults), use the Customize dialog (F3) to edit the menus to the configuration you want.

-----

The shortcut bug was fixed in the Dev channel this past Friday. The general public will not see that fix until build 4.6.2.75 (or later) makes its way to either the Public Build channel, or the Production channel. Before that happens, the fix still needs to be verified in the Private Build channel, which is currently testing 4.6.2.72. The Public Build channel is slated to get the 4.6.2.72 build next, so you won't likely see the fix until the update after next.

-Rob

edited December 1969

Thanks for the explanation. I guess kitakoredaz will be happy

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited December 1969

FYI, 4.6.2.72 has been posted to the Public Build Channel...

And just to clarify... the Update and Merge Menus script is not a "one and done" kind of script. It should be run each time the defaults change and you want to update your menus to incorporate those changes. Some would argue that ideally this would be done automatically... But it isn't currently because of the problem I described in my previous post, where all menu customizations (other than "Custom Actions") made in builds prior to 4.6.0.83 are lost. That and there isn't a great way [yet] of showing where an action currently resides in the interface.

BTW, don't make a Custom Action for the Update and Merge Menus script and add it to the menus... Doing that and then triggering that action from a menu will cause a crash. This is probably a bit deeper than most care to understand, but the script still needs to be ported to an action that posts an event to run the routine - so that the thing that executes said routine isn't in the list of things that get deleted by said routine.

-Rob

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited December 1969

Is a bug?
    If not, how to restore the use?

Normal use, I always use this to move in the scene

I have a scene with two characters
    I select them (both) and I use X,Y or Z and they move in same time in the scene!

Happened twice this week, I made same step
    - I select two characters and when I try to move them only one respond!

I don't use any combination of key's or any script, just my mouse,,,

I reboot, I made some try to reload default menus "dzUpdateMergeMenus"
    the first time when it's appear it fixed ( don't know how)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Right click on the Parameters or Posing pane, whichever you are using, tab and make you don't have both Consolidate Properties and Display Separate items checked - if you do you will see that behaviour.

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited December 1969

Right click on the Parameters or Posing pane, whichever you are using, tab and make you don't have both Consolidate Properties and Display Separate items checked - if you do you will see that behaviour.

thank you very much!!
    problem was "display separated items"

but i don't know how, i never touch this!

anyway, thank you again and best wishes.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

More V4 woes besides the expression morphs getting lost when reloading some saved scenes, the shoulder fix gizmo I purchased from rendo will now also fail to load needing to be re applied.

Untitled.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 202K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You do realize that if you are using a SAVED figure that figure does not have the NEW morphs injected. Only a Fresh figure will have NEW morphs injected at load. I ran into this several times in the past. Saved Character files only have the morphs injected at the time of save and will not list new morphs. Only a fresh load of the Figure loads the NEW morphs into the figure.

edited December 1969

They used to save with them previous to this version

edited December 1969

I think you misunderstood me. What I'm saying is...

If you loaded a saved figure for this image you needed to start with a fresh figure so all the morphs including the NEW ones were loaded. Saved figures only have channels for the morphs they were saved with injected in them. A fresh figure would have all the morphs injected you added and Should save all those at save including any new ones you injected as it should have open channels to hold those new morphs.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I think Bobvan HAD the morphs injected before saving the scene - and now on loading this scene the morphs are lost.

edited January 2014

What she said and there is no reason all expression morphs should be lost breaking my saved scene...I'm sorry but this irritates me to no end...

If I start a new v4 from DAZ> people inject character inject the fix shoulders add hair blah blah blah save character when I then reload saved character the shoulder morphs are missing...I tried refreshing the BAT files ect ect..

Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

Ah, Then it can come down to how some morphs are made I believe. I have read of some 3rd party morphs not saving before. I'm sorry but I have no idea how that is fixed.

edited December 1969

We all know updated DS sometimes break older things it's nothing new

• CMacksCMacks Posts: 202
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    We all know updated DS sometimes break older things it's nothing new

FYI, I'm having this same problem (as are others) still with 4.6.0.18. It's very very annoying. Here's a thread with some information: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10866/