DAZ Big Cat 2 Discussion Thread (Formerly Big Cat 2 Sneak Preview)

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

YES!!!!!!! YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!! At LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the MOST excited I've been about a new character/product all year!!!! AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

I often use the Mill Big cat, and I've been dying for a new one for so long. I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    edited December 2013

Wonderful! Especially the cougar/mountain lion. Will there be a standard housecat released? Could really use a smaller cat. Big kitties are glamorous and exciting but small kitties are more useful for day-to-day renders.

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited December 1969

i'd be excited to see a small domestic cat also. The Mill big cat, and the little cat are very old, and are definitely showing their age.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

So if the new Big Cat is coming out this week, I may have to wait. If he's coming out next week or later, the sale may last long enough for me to pick it up with Christmas money. :) (I need the sale to still be active come Dec 27th...)

High hopes that this leads to a new Mil Dog and Mil little cat too. :)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    Carola O said:
    Jared... I think I love you *grins* these are amazing !

Have to ask though, will there be a snow leopard? and perhaps a white tiger too? Och and the real fur for Look at My Hair, is not a requirment to use these cats is it? Cause I still haven't got the free player to work without crashing Daz, and well.. not willing to pay for a program when the fre version work like that :)

LAMH is only required for the real fur product for Big Cat 2.

The full plugin version or the free player version?

I've got the original version, but have lost my key code -- so I can't get it to work and the free player never worked for me at all.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I actually have a home movie of me, my sister, and my neighbor Debbie playing in our living room with two baby tigers. They were on their way to the Beverly Hillbillies show, and Debbie's dad was best friends with the folks who were providing/transporting the cubs. Annoying though- it was about a 20 second clip! (But back then, there weren't video cameras. It was the old fashioned movie cameras.) They also provided the swimming tabby cat for that show. It loved water and swimming (and wasn't a Turkish cat.)

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,756
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    They also provided the swimming tabby cat for that show. It loved water and swimming (and wasn't a Turkish cat.)

Most tigers like the water. Ditto for Jaguars. There's an amazing video that made the rounds recently of a Jag stealthily swimming up on an unsuspecting croc nearly its own size (a camain, actually) and taking it down for lunch.

And back to the subject at hand: Boo-Yah! It took me a long time to break down and buy Horse 2, but these kitties are going in the cart ASAP.

Now, I can only hope that some enterprising PAs have already recognized how similar a cat's build is to other smaller mammals, and we can hope for some foxes, racoons, etc.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited December 1969

YES YES YES! Now we need MilDog 2, MilCat 2, and SubDragon 2.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
    edited December 1969

YES YES YES! Now we need MilDog 2, MilCat 2, and SubDragon 2.

You forgot DAZ Squirrel 2!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    DAZ_jared said:
    Carola O said:

Have to ask though, will there be a snow leopard? and perhaps a white tiger too? Och and the real fur for Look at My Hair, is not a requirment to use these cats is it? Cause I still haven't got the free player to work without crashing Daz, and well.. not willing to pay for a program when the fre version work like that :)

I've got the original version, but have lost my key code -- so I can't get it to work and the free player never worked for me at all.

I've got the free player to work but it seems to break with every new preset release.
    I wish someone would utilise GBH a bit more it seems a lot more stable. I would love the fur presets but doubt I will buy them as its just to hit and miss if they will work, tried to use the furry mouse the other day and LAMH crashed DS.

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    DAZ_jared said:
    Carola O said:

I've got the free player to work but it seems to break with every new preset release.
    I wish someone would utilise GBH a bit more it seems a lot more stable. I would love the fur presets but doubt I will buy them as its just to hit and miss if they will work, tried to use the furry mouse the other day and LAMH crashed DS.

I agree with you here Scopio, GBH is so much more stable than LAMH I got both and LAMH, can't get a render with it as it either crashes or just makes DS throw a dialog saying "error while rendering".

And I need to reinstall my LAMH too.

edited December 1969

oh damn it!!!! i wasn't expecting them to be released TODAY!!! I was hoping to have at least another week to get my pennies together. :sigh:

edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/daz-big-cat-2

ok, time to sell my first born, I think. :D

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/daz-big-cat-2

ok, time to sell my first born, I think. :D

LOL!

edited December 1969

I need to live vicariously through others - hopefully we'll have a render thread turn up soon. :D :D

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Hello folks, if I may interject, here is a thread with hints and requirements for the Big Cats LAMH presets: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33792/

Obviously both the Big Cats 2 and Black Panthers come with the standard 'unfurred' figure, and LAMH presets. So each user can choose which. Cheers.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

I am happy I bought these guys....but my question to you is fur or not you still need a better texture map more realistic ...the big kitty's in your pictures pop they stand out where these guys don't........just asking if you are going to make improvements thanks Trish p.s. what I am saying is look at the tiger stripes in the real picture how they stand out...you know he is a tiger in the model he is faded...fur or not he will still be faded.....I am not complaining just asking

big_kittys_2.jpg
    960 x 640 - 314K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

I am happy I bought these guys....but my question to you is fur or not you still need a better texture map more realistic ...the big kitty's in your pictures pop they stand out where these guys don't........just asking if you are going to make improvements thanks Trish p.s. what I am saying is look at the tiger stripes in the real picture how they stand out...you know he is a tiger in the model he is faded...fur or not he will still be faded.....I am not complaining just asking

Hi Trish, I've no immediate plans to make improvements to the textures. But what you could do, is perhaps lowering velvet strength on the surface so that the stripes (and overall fur) will be darker.

edited December 1969

cool thank you I will try that appreciate the help......Trish

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Somebody who bought it - could you show some renders of the paws?
    The promos (including the first Cattitude with paw in the air) alle show the paws as if the bottom of the toes/paws is totally flat as if sombody cut them off ...

edited December 1969

Kerya: here are 2 of the cats paws...Hope this is what you wanted....Trish

paws.jpg
    826 x 523 - 169K
    edited December 2013

and .... Here is the paw from the mill big cat LE

mil.jpg
    683 x 740 - 231K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for doing this for me! :)

edited December 2013

you are very welcome sorry it was so crude of a render I am still figuring out Studio....LOL

Post edited by Trish on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 2013

I've not used LAMH before so can someone tell me how long a render would typically take. At the moment I'm rendering the lion and using the render settings in Alessandro's thread, it has taken 15 minutes just to render a small portion of it's eye and face. It hasn't got to the mane yet.

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited December 1969

Kerya: here are 2 of the cats paws...Hope this is what you wanted....Trish

oh dear. Those don't look very good at all. They look more like cyclinders than toes. :(

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Oh, it'd have been so nice to see a bundle, but ... ;)

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 2013

I have to admit I do miss a few breeds.. both the White Tiger which I had kinda assumed would be part of this since it was part of the old cat :)

and I would have loved to see a snow leopard too, just a wish from little me of course but somethign that would have been great to see. Though considering the tail of a snow leopard that might be too much work :(

As for the LAMH hair, it looks great.. I just wish that I could use the player, so that one went on the wishlist for now.. until such a day that the free player does not crash my Studio :)

To Wilmap, I think you might have to wait quite some time for a render with the fur. On the old Big Cat, I made a render with a lion, with a mane. and that MANE took around six hours to render for me, the rest of the picture took a lot less. So I would assume that the hair on the whole body will make the time grow a Lot. This is jsut guesses though, as I don't have the player or the hair, and have yet to render one of these new lions with their mane :)

Post edited by Carola O on
    edited December 2013

The paws are probably my fault .....I am new to Studio.....heres a tiger ...I found out that each toe moves though

tiger_toes.jpg
    1001 x 667 - 129K
    tiger2.jpg
    1001 x 667 - 90K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

The paws are probably my fault .....I am new to Studio.....heres a tiger ...I found out that each toe moves though

No, not your fault Bullit. :D That's what they seem to look like in default, so that's what I was looking for. :D