Star Trek Builders Unite 5 : Where no pixel has gone before

Comments

• edited December 1969

Been looking for good Star Trek game, like BotF. Some games like Star Trek Online is garbage, there are some mods to enhance some game would be nice, but hardly any fit in properly or doesnt feel right.

Like to see some realism and deep into Star Trek PC games, as far i know there none coming around for some time.

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,047
    edited December 1969

Uploaded the M4 Klingon head morph and ridge rings to Sharecg.

Here's the link:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/73690/view/11/Poser/M4-Klingon-Morph-and-Ridge-Rings

M4_Klingon_02.jpg
    1429 x 2000 - 2M
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

Uploaded the M4 Klingon head morph and ridge rings to Sharecg.

Here's the link:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/73690/view/11/Poser/M4-Klingon-Morph-and-Ridge-Rings

AWESOME!!! Thank you sir! Outstanding piece of work and I think you for sharing this with all of us!

edited December 1969

The texture I used was from the "M4 Elite Texture: Rob" package with the eyebrows removed.

David

edited December 1969

The texture I used was from the "M4 Elite Texture: Rob" package with the eyebrows removed.

David

Awesome thanks for the info on the skin David!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261
    edited December 1969

Thank You for this

edited December 1969

David

Well I couldnt include the modified face map in the zip unless I used RTEncoder, so I figured listing the product used would work just as well.

edited December 1969

David

Well I couldnt include the modified face map in the zip unless I used RTEncoder, so I figured listing the product used would work just as well.

Well I can understand that and appreciate your sharing the base skin to duplicate your work.

• blutobluto Posts: 828
    edited December 2013

jrvilmur said:
    I have a few things in the pipe line, should be released by x-mas time. for your approval i have included a few pics.

please understand that this is in no way a knock at what you are doing , its wonderfull
    however could you do versions of all your genesis trek stuff that we can use in poser too.
    you know dson support files and such?

Post edited by bluto on
  • NVent3dNVent3d Posts: 113
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    jrvilmur said:
    I have a few things in the pipe line, should be released by x-mas time. for your approval i have included a few pics.

What figure is that?

I am making them for genesis

edited December 1969

bluto said:
    jrvilmur said:

please understand that this is in no way a knock at what you are doing , its wonderfull
    however could you do versions of all your genesis trek stuff that we can use in poser too.
    you know dson support files and such?

Yeah, just need to learn how.

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Futzing with one of Vilmur's pending suits. As you can see it looks good on everyone....even the Gorn.

cover123.jpg
    1287 x 1800 - 1M
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    Futzing with one of Vilmur's pending suits. As you can see it looks good on everyone....even the Gorn.

That looks sharp, how much warping was needed to get the gorn suited up?

edited December 1969

Aliens that will be featured in Issue #03...

V4-M4_possible_alien_01.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 1969

WOW I have to say you have more aliens in your stories than Star Wars and Star Trek combined! Do you design all your own morphs or do you try and find the most obsucre ones to use? I really seeing what you come up with next. Do you do all the custom skin work as well or do you find skins that already have the tattoo work or markings on them?

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

jrvilmur said:
    PDSmith said:

That looks sharp, how much warping was needed to get the gorn suited up?

It was pretty easy actually. The body was overly exagerated with a bit of the Genesis Rhino thrown in. The Neck took a bit. I had to use a technique I mentioned in my 'no more poke through' tutorial to scale the neck sideways and front and back. but over all it's fit perfectly.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,250
    edited December 1969

adding ships to make DS9 look less deserted

Runabout.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 996K
  • edited December 1969
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 2013

Seion said:

Thank you :-)

edit to add ... might be an idea to change the permissions though to reflect that we are allowed to download said item ;-)
    For fanart the general "non-commercial use only" is 1st choice.
    For other shares, "commercial renders okay, contents not for redistribution" is commonly used ... but select what you want to.
    The "all rights reserved" doesn't make any sense for our Poser/Daz Studio shares yet they insist on leaving that as the default setting now.

edit to add; thank you ;-)

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

TimG said:

Looking good!

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,250
    edited December 1969

TimG said:

Looking good!

thanks!

edited December 1969

WOW I have to say you have more aliens in your stories than Star Wars and Star Trek combined! Do you design all your own morphs or do you try and find the most obsucre ones to use? I really seeing what you come up with next. Do you do all the custom skin work as well or do you find skins that already have the tattoo work or markings on them?

Thanks. Well my crew is already a diverse lot. Kind of like Farscape. My crew's mission takes them out to the unexplored portions of the universe so they encounter races not seen before. I'm also striving to do aliens we havent seen before. I've collected a lot of morphs over the years and so I try and use them in different combinations. The textures used here came from Ecstasy's Atlantis V4 A4 texture found here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=65230. The clothing is Valiant and Courageous with Mylochka's textures that I thought might go together. I've also got a alien female that I posted earlier that will be in this story. Her textures were a combo of Mylochka's T'Pol textures and a tattoo that I modified from deviant art. I'd have to go back and look to see who did it to give proper credit.

David

edited December 1969
  • DemonslayerDemonslayer Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:
    Quick question cause I don't remember: Can Daz Studio use Poser Scene files?

Yes, in most cases, Won't work with dynamic hair and I think animations.

Okay. Thank you.

Actually, .pz2 files can bring in animation from Poser to Daz Studio. That's what Mimic creates, and I am able to import them just fine. I also was able to export walk designer animations that way and open them in DS. :)

edited December 1969

Thanks. Well my crew is already a diverse lot. Kind of like Farscape. My crew's mission takes them out to the unexplored portions of the universe so they encounter races not seen before. I'm also striving to do aliens we havent seen before. I've collected a lot of morphs over the years and so I try and use them in different combinations. The textures used here came from Ecstasy's Atlantis V4 A4 texture found here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=65230. The clothing is Valiant and Courageous with Mylochka's textures that I thought might go together. I've also got a alien female that I posted earlier that will be in this story. Her textures were a combo of Mylochka's T'Pol textures and a tattoo that I modified from deviant art. I'd have to go back and look to see who did it to give proper credit.

David

Awesome thanks for the insight on your characters for your crew, I know I am as guilty as everyone else but all my characters tend to be more standard than unique. Glad to see your work stands out the way it does.

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Not a Trek thing, but look for this on Christmas morning, this will be my freebee that day! More photos here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/26281/P105/

04.jpg
    902 x 702 - 201K
    edited December 1969

I need to learn how to set meta data on Daz Studio properly to be able to save out Poser compatible formats. While I learn how to do that I will share my ongoing Aggressive Alien Uniform.

agressive_expansionistic_alien_adversary.jpg
    500 x 537 - 72K
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

jrvilmur said:
    I need to learn how to set meta data on Daz Studio properly to be able to save out Poser compatible formats. While I learn how to do that I will share my ongoing Aggressive Alien Uniform.

Seeing this reminded me- has anyone ever made a Next Gen sash?

• blutobluto Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

madd , next gen Klingon duty sashes were the same as tos movie era sashes ,
    unless you mean the fancy one worf had after season 2 when he went from redshirt to gold the sash changed from tos era sash to the bling sash he hdt till the last next gen movie.
    I know patience was working on one , but I don't know if she ever finished it up

This discussion has been closed.