Morphing dials not working ?

Comments

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Those are the "Inject" and "Remove" base morphs for Victoria 4.... What exactly did you delete from the Content library?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

I have to ask again are you trying to Morph the shape of V4 or are you trying to Morph the hair? It looks like you are mixing up what items do what. V4 morphs only add morphs to V4. The moprhs that came with the Hair will only add morphs to the hair.

To add Morphs to V4 have it selected in the scene tab when you inject the Base Morphs.
    To add Morphs to the hair have it selected in the scene tab when inject the morphs.

Injecting Morphs are what adds the dials that let you change the shape of your items.
    You must have the item selected in the Scene Tab to get access to the morphs for the Selected item.
    Different items will have no morphs or different morphs in each part of the item you have selected.
    To use Expressions on V4 the head needs to be selected to use shaping in some hair items you have to select the part the morphs are in.

Morphs are fun to use once you understand how to use them

I hope this helps you out some.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I don't honestly know and that's the problem so it makes sense to start completely afresh now that I'm more familiar with things and had a dry run.... Actually it's getting a bit late now as it's past midnight in the UK so I'll sort it out tomorrow, but many thanks indeed everyone for all the kind help and advice, and apols for being so slow !

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Well a good sleep and a fresh start is always good....nite ;-)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I have to ask again are you trying to Morph the shape of V4 or are you trying to Morph the hair? It looks like you are mixing up what items do what. V4 morphs only add morphs to V4. The moprhs that came with the Hair will only add morphs to the hair.

To add Morphs to V4 have it selected in the scene tab when you inject the Base Morphs.
    To add Morphs to the hair have it selected in the scene tab when inject the morphs.

Injecting Morphs are what adds the dials that let you change the shape of your items.
    You must have the item selected in the Scene Tab to get access to the morphs for the Selected item.
    Different items will have no morphs or different morphs in each part of the item you have selected.
    To use Expressions on V4 the head needs to be selected to use shaping in some hair items you have to select the part the morphs are in.

Morphs are fun to use once you understand how to use them

I hope this helps you out some.

Sorry just caught this message after I'd posted the previous one. I need to do both, work on the hair and then the features though not sure which comes first. Thanks for the info above but too tired tonight but looking forward to tomorrow ! :-)

edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Well a good sleep and a fresh start is always good....nite ;-)

Definitely and thanks again.....:)

edited July 2012

Edit: Deleted everything this morning as it was getting more and more muddled, so all files uploaded again but now can't find Victoria files for some reason. Should they all be together in the Daz main folder as I've got them filed separately....??

Fresh_start.JPG
    1024 x 673 - 71K
    Post edited by Marcuse on
    edited December 1969

I had Dialysis today Marcuse, I'm in a pretty bad way. I'm going to try to find you some more help, I don't think I'm clear headed enough or have the strenght to be here today. Please hold on and wait for more help.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,733
    edited December 1969

It looks as if your content folders are off - please post a screenshot showing the dialogue Edit>Preferences>Content Library>Content Directory Manager, with the lists for Current expanded

edited December 1969

Thank you Richard.

edited December 1969

Thanks.

Hope you feel better soon Jaderail....

Content_manager.JPG
    929 x 584 - 71K
    edited December 1969

I need to see the actual folders, please click the triangles next to Poser Formats and DAZ Studio Formats to expand them and post a screenshot of that.

edited December 1969

Sorry about that....

Content_manager.JPG
    961 x 591 - 70K
    edited December 1969

OK, you shouldn't have the folders in the Program Files folder selected at all. The others are either duplicates or, for the third one under Poser Formats, a folder that contains another content folder - and that could well be confusing DS. So, first you need to right-click on all bu the first folder under each heading and remove it, then click Accept. Once you have done that C:Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library will be your one and only content library, listed for both Poser and DS.

The next thing to as is where did you install Victroia 4 - where is the \Runtime\libraries\!DAZ folder located on your computer, assuming it's there at all?

edited July 2012

OK, you shouldn't have the folders in the Program Files folder selected at all. The others are either duplicates or, for the third one under Poser Formats, a folder that contains another content folder - and that could well be confusing DS. So, first you need to right-click on all bu the first folder under each heading and remove it, then click Accept. Once you have done that C:Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library will be your one and only content library, listed for both Poser and DS.

The next thing to as is where did you install Victroia 4 - where is the \Runtime\libraries\!DAZ folder located on your computer, assuming it's there at all?

Thank you. Removed all files except the top one in Daz and Poser ok and installed V4 as in pic below so that I could find them easily, but no sign of Runtime Libraries which is a bit strange as it's a completely new Daz3D download....

Content_directory.JPG
    880 x 361 - 38K
    edited July 2012

Big disappointment when I tried to start up again it said there's files missing so I can only uninstall everything and start again as I've no idea what it's referring to, especially as there was no Runtime anyway....

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

From your image, you have a "DAZ 3D" inside another "DAZ 3D" folder. You need to merge that up one level. V4 and Celestial Hair are installed in the wrong place -- they should be installed to "...Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library" (after you've merged the duplicate DAZ 3D folder up a level).

edited December 1969

Thanks unfortunately I couldn't find a Library file to begin with so best to download again....mystery.

edited December 1969

Is there a "Studio" subfolder under the duplicate "DAZ 3D" folder?

edited July 2012

Thanks no there wasn't anything. This time I downloaded Studio 4 Pro from the Daz "Into my cart" site whereas the previous time I downloaded something called Windows bundle (?), also if it's any help this time it was very quick taking about 4 or 5 minutes compared to the original bundle one taking about 35/ 40 mins.

Anyway two new screenshots of the latest download. I'd no idea what the Redistributable panel meant but as there was nothing happening after about 4 or 5 minutes I took a chance and deleted it - hope this was ok ? The second pic I've no idea what it's referring to. Victoria 4 not loaded yet....

Get there eventually I hope :)

Installed_content_found.JPG
    637 x 478 - 57K
    Redistributable_panel_query.JPG
    747 x 513 - 51K
    edited December 1969

Did you run the installers for Victoria 4 and the hair? I don't see any sign of it in your screen shot.

You've also placed your default content in the application folder, rather than in the My Documents folders - and your earlier screenshot showed some very odd folder names in the My Documents folder.

edited December 1969

Just installed Victoria 4 ok but it's now saying error see log file for details which I've found but it's huge....?

edited December 1969

Start DS4.
    Go to Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File
    Delete everything in the log file
    Try to load V4
    Now paste the first 20 lines and the last 20 lines of the log here.

edited December 1969

+++++++++++++++ DAZ Studio 4.0.3.47 starting +++++++++++++++++
    Platform bits: 32
    Qt Version: 4.7.0
    Running on Windows XP, Build 2600, Service Pack 3
    CPU String: GenuineIntel
    Stepping ID = 4
    Model = 2
    Family = 15
    Brand Index = 9
    CLFLUSH cache line size = 64
    The following features are supported:
    x87 FPU On Chip
    Virtual-8086 Mode Enhancement
    Debugging Extensions
    Page Size Extensions
    Time Stamp Counter
    RDMSR and WRMSR Support
    Physical Address Extensions
    Machine Check Exception
    CMPXCHG8B Instruction
    APIC On Chip
    SYSENTER and SYSEXIT
    Memory Type Range Registers
    PTE Global Bit
    Machine Check Architecture
    Conditional Move/Compare Instruction
    Page Attribute Table
    Page Size Extension
    CFLUSH Extension
    Debug Store
    Thermal Monitor and Clock Ctrl
    MMX Technology
    FXSAVE/FXRSTOR
    SSE Extensions
    SSE2 Extensions
    Self Snoop
    Hyper-threading Technology
    Thermal Monitor
    CPU Brand String: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.20GHz
    Total Physical Memory: 767 Mb (804814848)
    Available Physical Memory: 227 Mb (238882816)
    Total Virtual Memory: 2047 Mb (2147352576)
    Available Virtual Memory: 1892 Mb (1984417792)
    Current Memory Usage: 70%
    Mon 2. Jul 10:27:20 2012
    Temp folder: C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp
    Total temp disk size: 76316 Mb, Available: 53293 Mb
    Locale: en_GB
    No translator found.
    Reading style definition C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources/resources/style/Main Street.style
    Creating managers
    Reading help index
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources/docs/DAZ Studio/DAZStudioHelp.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources/docs/DAZ Studio Express/DAZStudioExpressHelp.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources/docs/DAZ Studio Standard/DAZStudioStandardHelp.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources/docs/DAZ Studio Advanced/DAZStudioAdvancedHelp.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources/docs/onlinehelp.dsx
    Scanning import folders
    Scanning content folders
    Using GLEW 1.7.0
    Supported OpenGL extensions:
    GL_ARB_imaging
    GL_ARB_multitexture
    GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object
    GL_ARB_point_parameters
    GL_ARB_point_sprite
    GL_ARB_shader_objects
    GL_ARB_shading_language_100
    GL_ARB_texture_compression
    GL_ARB_texture_cube_map
    GL_ARB_texture_env_add
    GL_ARB_texture_env_combine
    GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3
    GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repe

dzshadermixerbase.dll
    dzshadermixergui.dll
    dzsmartcontentpane.dll
    dzspotrendertool.dll
    dztextureatlas.dll
    dztransferutility.dll
    dzu3dexporter.dll
    dzweightmapbrush.dll
    dzwinvideo.dll
    dzmimicbasic.dll
    dzpowerpose.dll
    WARNING: interface\dialogs\dzbasicdialog.cpp(164): No parent specified for DzBasicDialog!
    WARNING: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
    WARNING: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
    Could not activate DAZ Decimator evaluation. Plug-in disabled.
    Total class factories: 1070
    WARNING: 3DConnexion Plug-in Error: Could not create Device, CoCreateInstance failed
    3D mouse support library could not be loaded.
    Creating interface
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport1.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport2.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport3.
    Successfully created OpenGL viewport for Viewport4.
    Executing startup script...
    Started in: C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources
    Could not resolve URI: "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis"
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(2183): Could not find node definition.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(781): Could not create node for instance.
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(634): Failed to create node!
    Error reading file, see log for more details.
    DAZ Studio Started
    Creating Pixel Buffer
    Pixel buffer - Width: 1024 Height: 1024
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    Executing DAZ Script file: C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/Daz 3D/Runtime/libraries/Character/DAZ People/Victoria 4.2.dsb
    Script executed successfully.

edited December 1969

Your content is still not installed correctly. Merge the nested DAZ 3D folder with the one directly under "My Documents", so that the full path reads "...My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library". Then install to that full path, not to "DAZ 3D" or "Studio", but to "My Library".

edited December 1969

Thanks. Sorry not a techie at all so having real difficulty understanding all this - not sure where I should be looking....in my documents or in the scene or....? Could you do a screenshot of what it should be and where mine is at the moment as I don't want to get it wrong yet again ? :red: :red:

edited December 1969

C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/Daz 3D/Runtime/libraries/Character/DAZ People/Victoria 4.2.dsb

The Runtime folder should be in

C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/Daz 3D/Studio/My Library/

since it's the My Library folder you had set up as a content directory.

edited December 1969

Here's a summary of what your file structure should look like in Windows Explorer:

1) "DAZ 3D" should be directly under "My Documents", "Studio" should be directly under "DAZ 3D", and "My Library" should be directly under "Studio". Whenever you install content, the path to use is "My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library".

2) Underneath "My Library" are a number of folders -- I've listed a few of them. Three of them are special folders: "Data", "ReadMe's", and "Runtime". Those three folders MUST be directly under "My Library".

3) Any folders except "Data", "ReadMe's", and "Runtime" that are directly under "My Library" will appear in the Content Library tab under "DAZ Studio Formats > My Library". The three special folders aren't visible in the Content Library.

4) Under Runtime there are more special folders. Most of them are invisible. The only ones that are visible are 9 special folders underneath Runtime\Libraries: Character, Camera, Face, Hair, Hands, Light, Materials, Pose, and Props. (The Character folder is called Figures in the Content Library.) For example, the "DAZ People" folder appears in the Content Library tab under "Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > DAZ People". That's where you'll find "Victoria 4.2".

5) Some hair appears under Figures and some under Hair -- generally, short hair that only needs to move with the character's head will be under Hair, while long hair that has to flow over the characters shoulders, neck, and chest will be under Figures. Celestial Hair is one of the long hairs that appears under Figures.

6) To load V4 and the hair, go to "Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > DAZ People" and double-click on "Victoria 4.2". If you installed the PowerLoader for V4, a dialog will open up asking you which morph packs you want to load along with V4. That's called "Injecting" the morphs. (Genesis does not need morphs injected; the morphs are always available when you load Genesis.)

7) If you don't use the PowerLoader to inject morphs, you can inject them later by going to "Poser Formats > My Library > Pose > DAZ's Victoria 4 > Morph Injections".

8) Once V4 is loaded, make sure she is selected in the scene and go to "Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > Celestial-Hair" and double-click on "1-Celestial-Hair-V4" to load the hair. Once the hair has loaded, right-click on it and choose "Fit to". A dialog box will come up that should say the hair is Fit to "Victoria 4.2". If it says "None", click on the word "None" and change it to "Victoria 4.2".

9) Now we need to inject the morphs into the hair. Make sure the hair is selected, and go to "Poser Formats > My Library > Pose > Celestial-Hair-MATS". Double-click on "Celestial-V4-Inj" to inject the morphs.

file_structure.jpg
    463 x 281 - 55K
    edited December 1969

Thank you both very much indeed !! But I can't relate any of this to what I've got in my pic.....? Apologies

My_Docs_pic_of_entries.JPG
    859 x 623 - 45K
    edited December 1969

Most of the folders that are currently under "My Documents\DAZ 3D" should be under "My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library": People, ReadMe's, and Runtime, at the very least. And there's no Data folder, which should also be under "My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library"