Anime Girl Kristin... WIP take 2

1235»

Comments

• Thank You

Now to find time to play

Lol... yeah... lotsa new toys and no time to play with them! :)

• chrisschellchrisschell Posts: 267
    edited October 2016

Haven't posted in this thread in quite some time and just wanted to share a few recent renders done with my Anime Girl and her Cyberoid companion...

Birth of a Borg.jpg
    590 x 1047 - 440K
    Cyborg Dreams.jpg
    613 x 1308 - 169K
    Loving the Ghost.jpg
    1090 x 594 - 165K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325

Good Work!

edited October 2016

Thanks! :)

Post edited by chrisschell on
    edited October 2016

Here's another couple images for everyone... :)

Dragon-Rider.jpg
    594 x 1090 - 177K
    Samhain-Night of the Sidhe.jpg
    590 x 1338 - 477K
  • Looking good

• Thanks Robert! :)

edited April 2017

Been a fair while since I put out anything new for Kristin (I've been tied up with numerous other goings-on and larger projects) so here's a new freebie set of basic clothing for my girl!

Includes:

Capri Pants with 2 alternate Mat Poses,

Stretch Pants with 2 alternate Mat Poses,

Layered Skirt with 4 alternate Mat Poses,

Sports/Cheerleader Skirt,

School Gymn T-Shirt with 4 alternate Mat Poses,

School Swim-suit,

Leg-warmers with 3 alternate Mat Poses,

and

Athletic Wrist-bands with 3 alternate Mat Poses.

The clothes include all the built-in Morphs and Morph Channels to match those in the main Kristin figure, 30 blank Morph Channels have been provided for insertion of user created morphs.

Download them from my site here... http://www.schells.ca/basic-clothing3 !

Clothes3Promo2.jpg
    772 x 589 - 87K
    edited April 2017

I've also added a new pose expansion set to go with the free Gymnastics Uniform and Prop Set for Kristin. The new pose set includes 10 Gymnastics Poses, 10 Cheer-Leader Poses, a Rhythmic Gymnastics Ribbon, Baton, and a set of morphing Cheer-Leader Pom-Poms. The Ribbon, Baton, and Pom-Poms are set up to be usable with any figure but were textured to match the Gymnastics Uniform for Kristin. Templates are included so that you can make custom textures of your own!

The Gymnastics Set is here... http://www.schells.ca/gymnastics-uniform

and the Pose Expansion is here... http://www.schells.ca/gymnastics-poses

Gymnastics.jpg
    600 x 600 - 81K
    leotardthumb.jpg
    590 x 673 - 92K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

See needs a much thinner body for an anime female because the faces for males and females are so alike on anime but they are good.

She's been developed from my own form of "anime" which I've created over 30 years of collecting and learning to draw various anime styles... as you can see from some of my previous renders she actually works fairly well for certain styles of anime, but I readily admit she won't be to everyone's tastes. Anime is very subjective and everyone has very different concepts on what is proper "anime" styling based on those preferences... to each their own as I always say... :)

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

True. I like the style in RWBY, but it's far from typical anime.

edited April 2017

The honest truth of the matter is that anime "styles" vary from artist to artist just as in any other medium. We here in the west have gotten to thinking of anime as a single set of styles, but that has come about only because a select few are dictating what will be imported and for whom. There's an entrenched attitude here in North America that "cartoons are for kids" while anime and manga are aimed at a wider audience in Japan much like our TV shows and movies here. Due to the idea that only kids watch cartoons only a very select sort of anime gets imported regularly, and most from a very narrow selection of artists/authors leading to an impression that all anime is like that. Anyone who has collected anime for a long period of time like myself realizes that it is not any one style but is of an endless variety within genres just like we see in our own programing. Just as we all have our favourite drama's or comedies, different people will like different forms of anime and different styles or genres... :)

• McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 464

chrisschell said:

Never played it... though I do have many titles by Square-Enix in my games library... I've had a huge number of influences in my style of 'anime' art over the years... the biggies are Robotech, Visions of Escaflowne, Anything Shirow (he's my favourite anime artist), and movies like Orguss, Macross, and Record of Lodoss War to name but a very small few... lol (I have a massive collection of imported comics and movies along with numerShous how-to books). :)

Masamune?  The first time I saw Kristin 1 I thought of him.  Your Figure is 100% your Figure, it's the style that is reminiscent of Masamune.

edited April 2017
    McGrandpa said:

Masamune?  The first time I saw Kristin 1 I thought of him.  Your Figure is 100% your Figure, it's the style that is reminiscent of Masamune.

He was the largest influence in my own style yes. I'm a huge fan on Masamune Shirow and own all of his art books and most of his anime films and series. This was a tribute to one of his works using Kristin, and I'd posted a Ghost in the Shell image in a previous post. :)

WildWetWest.jpg
    590 x 966 - 179K

A new basic Hand and Arm Gestures set is now available free for Kristin! The set includes 22 Hand Gesture Poses, 25 full Arm/hand Poses, and a set of Direction Gestures for over 50 hand and arm poses total. The sets only affect Kristin's Hands and Arms, and can be mixed with her other basic poses for added variety and action!

Find them here... http://www.schells.ca/handgesturespack

HandGesturesThumb.jpg
    600 x 600 - 70K
  • My contribution to the thread; Kristin rendered in Iray using her default material settings as converted by DAZ Studio 4.9.3.166.

Kristin.png
    500 x 650 - 219K

Thanks for posting this and sharing, I hope you enjoy working with her! I am sad to say though that I'm closing my account here at DAZ and am just waiting on them to process my request. I'll be available on FB and a number of forums on other sites, but will no longer be participating in the forums here. If any one wants to stay in touch you can find me here on Facebook... https://www.facebook.com/schellsarmourworks.theschell