Scripts menu disappearing

kurthurtkurthurt Posts: 0
edited June 2012 in New Users

Lately, when I restart DAZ pro 4.0, my scripts menu disappears. I can re-add and it looks persistent for a restart or two, but then it disappears again. Has anyone else seen this?

Post edited by kurthurt on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    edited December 1969

Mine has disappeared, too, but I can't figure out how to get it back at all.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited June 2012

can not you find the script on smart contents?
    or "content library" too?

I use dazstudio 4.0.3 pro for PC 64bit,

I install every scripts in "dazcontentsfolda(myribrary or etc)>scripts folda> utilities or other foldaname>

and every script file can see and access from "content library".
    (though they often do not have image icon,,)

if I want to access the sciripts from smart contents, I think I must set metadata for them.
    and they have compatibility,,

I do not know it has canged with version or not.

so I can access the script for genesis pose,
    ( I made metadata for it,and set compatibility)
    but I can not access the scripts which has no cpmaptibility.

(it should be improved, next version ds4.5 ,,)

script.JPG
    767 x 658 - 86K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,818
    edited December 1969

Have you reloaded your interface layout when the scripts menu disappears? Layouts include the menus, so that will remove it if you are using one of the default layouts or a layout saved before the menu was there. You can recreate the Scripts menu by adding a new custom action, right-click on a file in the content library, or you could create a new menu setup via Edit>Customise, Window>Workspace>Customise in 4.5, and then save the new layout from the Workspace menu or save the menus in particular through the button in the Customise dialogue.

• kurthurtkurthurt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

that may be it. I've been playing with the layout recently. Where is the 'scripts' menu contents stored?

edited December 1969

There are two bits of information -the list of custom actions, and the menu structure. The menus are stored in the layout, though you can save and load them separately through the Customise dialogue, while custom actions, which you obviously need for the emnus to show the functions, are stored separately and again you can export them from the Customise dialogue. The actual files are in \Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio 4\user layouts by default.

• kurthurtkurthurt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

"\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio 4\user layouts by default."

thanks. I think we're getting warm, at least. I looked in that path. I found \Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio 4\ but not "user layouts." I do have some scripts in the "scripts menu.

edited December 1969

Hmm, well it's possible that i had created the folder. it's also possible that you suimply haven't saved any custom layouts - the current layout and actions are simply saved in various .dsx files in the \Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio 4\ folder - actions, customactions, layout, menus and toolbars.dsx.

• ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249

Very helpful Richard! I noticed that the scripts menu seem to dissapear and after buying the bookmarking plugin/script that menu seem to disappear too. I am glad to realize I had made a custom layout with all my scripts in it. When I loaded it back in  everything returned!