Victoria 4 for Genesis 2

LazyPluckerLazyPlucker Posts: 10
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Sorry if I'm being a bit dopey here, but I recently bought the Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 product, but I can't now figure out what it's supposed to do or if it's even working. I thought I would be able to apply Victoria 4 to Genesis 2, but apart from being a nightmare to find in my content library, when I do eventually track a bit of Victoria 4 down and try to apply her to Genesis 2, nothing happens. Is what I purchased not what I thought it is, or am I just being really dumb and missing something here? Any help gratefully received.

Comments

• Kevin RyeKevin Rye Posts: 392
    edited October 2013

I bought this because I thought I'd be able to apply V4 hair, clothes, textures, and characters to G2F, but so far nothing has worked. I don't know if I'm supposed to "do something" or is it supposed to just work.

I can apply the Ianthe and Mina textures to G2F, but the body/head morphs don't apply. That makes sense since both those products quote "Genesis Evolution: Morph Bundle" as a requirement. Bu they also say that the characters are for Genesis as well as V4, so would the textures have applied anyway? Is this working because I have Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 installed? I don't know.

The overview states that these are included:
    Victoria 4 Compatible UV Set
    Victoria 4 Autofit Clone Shapes
    Victoria 4 Clone, more Compatible with Shoes
    Victoria 4 Skirt Clone, more Compatible with Skirts
    Victoria 4 Character Shape
    Victoria 4 Head Morph
    Victoria 4 Body Morph

I can't seem to find a Victoria 4 Head Morph or a Victoria 4 Body Morph in my library. G2F still looks very much like G2F and not Victoria.

Post edited by Kevin Rye on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

adrian said:
    Sorry if I'm being a bit dopey here, but I recently bought the Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 product, but I can't now figure out what it's supposed to do or if it's even working. I thought I would be able to apply Victoria 4 to Genesis 2, but apart from being a nightmare to find in my content library, when I do eventually track a bit of Victoria 4 down and try to apply her to Genesis 2, nothing happens. Is what I purchased not what I thought it is, or am I just being really dumb and missing something here? Any help gratefully received.

Hello, trying to establish what you have bought to be able to come with advice.

Was it this one V4 Skins Auto Converter for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    or this: Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    adrian said:

I think we're both talking about the 2nd option there: Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

OK, there is a slider in Shaping-Pane->(GF2)->Actor->Full Body->People->RealWorld that says Victoria 4, it will morph GF2 to look as V4.

V4s.jpg
    193 x 195 - 20K
    edited December 1969

Cool. Thanks. I'll have to take another look at that tab when I get out of work.

• LazyPluckerLazyPlucker Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    adrian said:

Hi Totte, and thanks for trying to help. In answer to your question, it was the latter.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    OK, there is a slider in Shaping-Pane->(GF2)->Actor->Full Body->People->RealWorld that says Victoria 4, it will morph GF2 to look as V4.

Well damn me. You're absolutely spot on. Thanks so much! So when I dial in this V4, am I now actually working with V4 and able to buy and apply all content that's compatible with her, like makeup, hair, clothes, poses etc?

edited December 1969

ryemac3 said:
    Totte said:
    adrian said:

I think we're both talking about the 2nd option there: Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female

You're right we are, and it's kinda comforting to know someone else is having the same problems as me. But Totte has answered it perfectly and I'm feeling good to go again now!

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited October 2013

adrian said:
    Totte said:

Well damn me. You're absolutely spot on. Thanks so much! So when I dial in this V4, am I now actually working with V4 and able to buy and apply all content that's compatible with her, like makeup, hair, clothes, poses etc?
    UVs will work, meaning all V4 textures will work with this or that degree of distortion (I didn't notice anything bad, at my brief testing). But as G2F has no eyebrow plate, you might be missing some eyebrows. There is a tutorial somewhere on forums on how to transfer eyebrow plate to Genesis, it might be of help.
    Clothes will mostly work - through autofit and clone. Autofit doesn't translate custom bones, though, so if you have a skirt with handles, scarves, cloaks and such, it is better to parent it to bodypart than to run it through autofit. Also, due to autofit methods and projection algorithms, even those V4 clothes that were modeled properly in breast area will mostly give you a boobsack/clingy boobs on G2F. Shoes are mixed result. Nonstandard conformers, like Creature Creator legs, for example, will require to use them as parented props with adjustment. None of the morphs in clothes will follow G2F morphs but you can use V4 FBMs and PBMs (which will be transferred with autofit) as adjustment morphs.
    Native V4 morphs won't work at all aside of V4 default shape but you can probably approximate something with G2F morphs. Also there are some tutorials around how to transfer morphs to Genesis or G2F with or without Gen-X (links in my signature may be of help) so with some effort you might be able to use morphs too.
    Hair will work in a usual hair fashion. It is still G2F so you better with parenting V4 hair it to a figure instead of conforming, anyway.
    Poses will need adjustment, so V4 poses with a lot of details and nuances in them will work worse than generic poses.

Post edited by Kattey on