Products retiring (commercial)

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited October 2013

Wow, look at the prices for the Whispering Wall- THEN 30% off plus coupon stacks for tier 2, 40% off THAT. Thanks!!!

Post edited by Novica on
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Stonemason, just to be sure: only those items so far are retiring?
    The Whispering Wall
    The Whispering Wall (amplified)
    The Display Room
    Sci-Fi Crates ‘n Containers
    SkyBike

• RodrakRodrak Posts: 81
    edited October 2013

Isn't "Sci-Fi Crates ‘n Containers" a DO? It's also a part of several bundles...

Post edited by Rodrak on
  • StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,161
    edited December 1969

oh your right that one is a pclub model...oops
    I've arranged to have my name removed from the DAZ Originals so they wont show up when searching for 'stonemason' content :)

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Stonemason, just to be sure: only those items so far are retiring?
    The Whispering Wall
    The Whispering Wall (amplified)
    The Display Room
    Sci-Fi Crates ‘n Containers
    SkyBike

yes,all those except the "Sci-Fi Crates ‘n Containers" will go.
    i'd like to get rid of sprawl 1 soon also..but that wont be in this round of culling

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

It would be nice to see some kind of clearance sale or a bundle on these. I'm absolutely sure that there's a texture set that someone made for the Display Room that turns it into something entirely different, though I'm drawing a blank on who and what at the minute.

this one?
    http://www.daz3d.com/shin-tokai-the-new-city

edited December 1969

just pm'd Ron about sending the display room to florida,so Shin-Tokai may end up at a reduced price also.

thanks
    Stefan

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    It would be nice to see some kind of clearance sale or a bundle on these. I'm absolutely sure that there's a texture set that someone made for the Display Room that turns it into something entirely different, though I'm drawing a blank on who and what at the minute.

this one?
    http://www.daz3d.com/shin-tokai-the-new-city
    Yep. I'd figured it out already, but thanks! (And that's why I've always thought it must really suck to be someone who does mainly texture sets... all it takes is one vendor like Aery Soul deciding to pull their products and suddenly a huge chunk of what you've done loses most of it's future value.)

edited December 1969

just pm'd Ron about sending the display room to florida,so Shin-Tokai may end up at a reduced price also.

thanks
    Stefan

Okay, so what's up with Florida?

edited December 1969

Novica said:

thanks
    Stefan

Okay, so what's up with Florida?

That's where things go to retire. Unless they go to Arizona.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

DAZ headquarters dungeon

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    DAZ headquarters dungeon

And as a further demonstration of DAZ "efficiency", the waiting area is in Provo, shipping is in Anchorage, the CEO's office is in Mexico City, his secretary's desk is behind a row of lockers in Grand Central Station, NYC, NY, and the restrooms are on a small island off the coast of Scotland, in the cellar of an abandoned shellfish shuckery behind two locked doors and a sign reading "Beware of the Leopard." As a result, DAZ "soon" has therefore been precisely defined as the time it takes an employee to run from his desk to the lav and back.
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    DAZ headquarters dungeon

Where Buddles was held and needed to be saved?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Frank0314 said:
    DAZ headquarters dungeon

Where Buddles was held and needed to be saved?

Do you ever wonder where Buddles is now? He seems to have disappeared from view

edited December 1969

Wasn't there a time when we were told that he is free and retired now? Probably Florida ... LOL

edited October 2013

Kerya said:
    Wasn't there a time when we were told that he is free and retired now? Probably Florida ... LOL

Let's just hope he's not "free and retired" in the same context that your hamster was when "ran away" when you were a kid or your dog Sparky went to "live with relatives" after chasing cars in the street. :smirk:
    Post edited by Cybersox on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Wow, look at the prices for the Whispering Wall- THEN 30% off plus coupon stacks for tier 2, 40% off THAT. Thanks!!!

Thanks for pointing this out, I got both of them the other day and installed tonight. Know something? All it needed was the usual tweaking of bump and specularity for an old Poser-only item, and it still looks really very nice, considering its age. Give the wall a bit more variety of expression/phoneme morphs, and modern D|S materials settings for the old textures (maybe spruce them up a bit), and IMHO it really wouldn't look out of place as a modern release. Working on a render, but as it's in Luxus it might not be done until tomorrow.
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Let's just hope he's not "free and retired" in the same context that your hamster was when "ran away" when you were a kid or your dog Sparky went to "live with relatives" after chasing cars in the street. :smirk:

I heard they boiled him down and re-used the polys to make genesis :o

edited December 1969

Kerya said:

I heard they boiled him down and re-used the polys to make genesis :o

Aaaaaargh!
    ROTFL

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

I heard they boiled him down and re-used the polys to make genesis :ooh that is terrible Stefan...but bloody funny. :)

edited December 1969

thanks
    Stefan

Any news about that? Thanks for trying regardless of the outcome.
    Cathie

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Working on a render, but as it's in Luxus it might not be done until tomorrow.

OK, it's tomorrow. Run out to a bit over 1000 samples/pixel, and just one Sun light. Not quite as nice as I'd hoped, the LuxRender glitch of sometimes "stairstepping" the edges of shadows has struck again. But hey, who wouldn't smile when they're kissed by a pretty girl... even if she is a little stinker? ;-)
    Wall-Skunk.jpg
    1190 x 1700 - 435K
    edited December 1969

Oh that's too funny- nice job! The wall seems to wish it could participate more... the darned drawback of not having arms and hands.

edited December 1969

Cute!

• Nod64Nod64 Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Working on a render, but as it's in Luxus it might not be done until tomorrow.

OK, it's tomorrow. Run out to a bit over 1000 samples/pixel, and just one Sun light. Not quite as nice as I'd hoped, the LuxRender glitch of sometimes "stairstepping" the edges of shadows has struck again. But hey, who wouldn't smile when they're kissed by a pretty girl... even if she is a little stinker? ;-)

Looks nice.

Did anyone ever make Whispering Wall Mimic/Talk Designer compatible?

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

it's not my call on the pclub models and I doubt they'll go,

.for the retiring models listed above I've asked them to be re-priced at the lowest possible amount,that should happen in a few hours

That is very kind and generous of you.
    Just so you know, I love the items you have made, and now I have close to your entire catalogue.
    The idea you are going to make new items for the community is very exciting.

Thanks so much.
    R

edited December 1969

Noel said:

Looks nice.

LittleDragon did it and it was distributed on Stefan's site ... unfortunately "no redistribution" in the Readme, sorry.
    http://littledragon.francemi.net/index.htm
    There is a contact page
    or http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?user_id=51892&page=4

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

LOL! Trust me to be late to the party! Good job nothing on the cull list was on my wish list!

Out with the old, in with the new! Best way, saves on clutter *looks around himself and panics*!

CHEERS!

• Nod64Nod64 Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Noel said:

Looks nice.

LittleDragon did it and it was distributed on Stefan's site ... unfortunately "no redistribution" in the Readme, sorry.
    There is a contact page

Thanks for the links. Looks like the Whispering wall improvement has been taken down.

edited December 1969

Noel said:
    Kerya said:
    Noel said:

Looks nice.

There is a contact page

Thanks for the links. Looks like the Whispering wall improvement has been taken down.

Or PM Stonemason here ... he had the file on his page ...