Dawn v V6

XfitzXfitz Posts: 96
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I am seeing a lot of the character named DAWN. What gives? Is she a rival (so to speak) of Genesis 2 (V6)? Is content purchased for Dawn, also useable on other figures such as V4, V5, of V6?

And speaking of Gen 2, can all the content I purchased over the past few years be adapted to her or do we need to start all over again?

Hope someone can give me some guidance here before I begin buying accessories for these two new models?

Thanks

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2013

Dawn is a completely separate and standalone figure by Hivewire3D. Her items are not compatible with Daz Figures and vice versa.

As for G2F, for V4 items to work on her, you'll need the V4 for Genesis 2 Female product here in the store. She can wear Genesis 1 clothing and textures based on V5's UVs out of the box.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • XfitzXfitz Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I read that for this to work files need to be saved in DUF form. I am not sure if my V4 files are suitably saved in that form nor how to convert old files into DUF.

Dawn seems very popular altho I am having a hard time understanding why.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Because she's a lovely figure to work with.

Xfitz said:

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2013

Xfitz said:
    Thanks. I read that for this to work files need to be saved in DUF form. I am not sure if my V4 files are suitably saved in that form nor how to convert old files into DUF.

Dawn is popular with Poser users more than DS users currently since Poser users haven't had any native figure take off support wise since Gen4, but DS users have had Genesis and now G2F. There are quite few DS users who have adopted her as well, though.

As for converting V4 skins to DUF. Load V4, load the skin on it, then resave it using File > Save As > Materials Preset.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited October 2013

Compatibility of clothes:

Not out of the box but there are Poser, DS and third party solutions that will allow conversions. As has always been true some garments will convert easily and look nice while some won't

Computability of textures:

There is at least one solution to convert between Dawn & V4 with others promised.

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301
    edited December 1969

What is the DS third party solution I've not come across that yet.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2013

There are years of technical expertise behind her development. Steve Kondris who was the former director of marketing for Daz3d and a notable developer in the history of Daz's products was very responsive in listening to what users were asking for in Dawn and making the effort to provide them with what they wanted.

you can find products and utilities for Dawn on
    renderosity dot com
    runtimedna dot com
    and hivewire3d dot com

Post edited by StratDragon on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Dawn thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/26983/

Dawn base, currently, is free with basic skin, 1 makeup, clothing and hair and boots. You can get that at Hivewire. PM me if you have questions.

• I would say that the new Dawn SE can leave V4 in the dust. She poses way better too. I don't need any fixes for Dawn SE.

Bikini Dawn.png
    600 x 338 - 207K
    Bunny Dawn.png
    600 x 972 - 729K
    Sci Fi Gate Jumper.png
    960 x 808 - 927K