New Update, DAZ 3D Install Manager 1.0.1.90, Now Available!

13»

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited October 2013

I am really impressed with DIM, though I have more to learn.
    I have been exploring and reading on it, but I do need some help now.
    What is the default download location for an item?
    Also if I want to install items to an external HD, in this case F:/DAZ Content, how do I go about telling DIM to do that?

Thanks.
    R

Click on the gear in the top right corner and go to the installation tab. Add the new location to it

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I am really impressed with DIM, though I have more to learn.
    I have been exploring and reading on it, but I do need some help now.
    What is the default download location for an item?
    Also if I want to install items to an external HD, in this case F:/DAZ Content, how do I go about telling DIM to do that?

Thanks.
    R

The default download location on Windows is C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads
    To change the defaults click the gear icon in the upper right.

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

Thanks Frank and Mike.

Randy

• RuthvenRuthven Posts: 631
    edited December 1969

Hello, I'm having quite a problem with DIM: installed yesterday last version, on Mac OsX Mavericks; the picture shows what I obtained. I already tried to run again the installer (deleting previous installation), but nothing changed. Suggestions?

Thanks to all in advance for any answer

FinderScreenSnapz001.png
    967 x 681 - 124K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited November 2013

wolfrose said:
    Hello, I'm having quite a problem with DIM: installed yesterday last version, on Mac OsX Mavericks; the picture shows what I obtained. I already tried to run again the installer (deleting previous installation), but nothing changed. Suggestions?

Thanks to all in advance for any answer

Are you running your system with some special systems language (Like any UTF-16/32 system) settings or are you using some kind of font management tool?
    I run DIM in Mavericks with no problem, and what you are seeing is the result of qt (which is the library DIM is built on) trying to find the letters of the fonts and the Fontmanager returns something that is bad.
    Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Hi Totte,
    I'm running the System in Italian, not applying other particular settings. I have the Lynotipe FontExplorer X application running since startup. I'll try to stop it and restart, and see if something changes, I'll let you know, thank you!

edited December 1969

wolfrose said:
    Hi Totte,
    I'm running the System in Italian, not applying other particular settings. I have the Lynotipe FontExplorer X application running since startup. I'll try to stop it and restart, and see if something changes, I'll let you know, thank you!

Italian is not a problem (Chinese or Korean could maybe have been), but FontExplorer X is my best guess for a troublemaker.
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Lately I've been getting some weird behavior with DIM. About every other order, the Order Successful page will inform me, in red text: "You need latest version of Install Manager installed for this link to work". I have the latest version, but when I try to download my order, each item displays the message: "download failed". Reinstalling the same version allows me to download the items, but one or two orders later, the problem surfaces again.

edited December 1969

I guess that is your webbrower losing the URL binding for dim, might be an anti virus program being over protective or something else.
    You donut need to redownload DIM, just start DIM manually and it will download.
    Sometimes download fails is because your purchase haven't successfully shaken on the server side and when DIM tries to fetch it it's not ready, it can take a few minutes sometimes, probably the time it takes for you to download the new one.

If you unckeck the search box that the webpage sets with the dim url, you will see what items are really available.

edited December 1969

Totte, you were right. After restarting without FontExplorer running DIM is working again normally. Thank you and have a lovely weekend!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited November 2013

DAZ3DIM.exe caused UNKNOWN_ERROR in module "C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll" at 0023:7696C41F, RaiseException()+88 byte(s)

Trying the first install to an external runtime and uninstalling again - the above is the reaction to uninstalling ...

DAZ 3D Install Manager 1.0.1.90
    External runtime on a second internal harddrive D:\ ...

I think I am going back to installing by hand!

It did uninstall the files (as far as I can see) - but it is still under installed.

Waaah!
    ;)

Edited to add: even removing the zip and dsx file from the download folder - it still thinks it is installed ...???????
    What can I do?

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    DAZ3DIM.exe caused UNKNOWN_ERROR in module "C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll" at 0023:7696C41F, RaiseException()+88 byte(s)

Trying the first install to an external runtime and uninstalling again - the above is the reaction to uninstalling ...

DAZ 3D Install Manager 1.0.1.90
    External runtime on a second internal harddrive D:\ ...

I think I am going back to installing by hand!

It did uninstall the files (as far as I can see) - but it is still under installed.

Waaah!
    ;)

Edited to add: even removing the zip and dsx file from the download folder - it still thinks it is installed ...???????
    What can I do?

In your Runtime you have a file, InstallManagerFileRegister.ini that is where DIM keeps track of what is installed to that Runtime, but I don't recommend fiddling with it.

Was it correctly install in the first place? Did DIM have rights to write to that volume / directory. Windows can be very picky, so can many anti virus softwares, if you haven't allowed DIM access, which can cause crashes.

Also, crashes in KERNELBASE.dll are usually tied to corrupt user profile data in Windows, which is a second pointer to access rights.

edited December 1969

It did install correctly and DIM did have the rights to install there - I just didn't like the folder names ("Daz clothing" ... yeah ...), so I simply went to uninstall it. And that is where things went wrong.
    It DID even uninstall the files - just afterwards it still thinks the files are installed. Great ... or not.

Thank you for trying to help!

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Look for the "ManifestFiles" folder, should be in C:/User/Public/Public Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager , delete the files within it.

General Note: I have found that running DAZ's installers and programs with administrator privileges is about the only way to be sure they will work as intended.

edited December 1969

InstallManager has one subfolder UserAccounts but no ManifestFiles ...

edited November 2013

Now I even uninstalled and installed DIM again - the file still shows as installed.
    I unzipped the content and threw it in the runtime to uninstall again - no way ...
    I don't like DIM at the moment.

Edited to add: it does delete the "unzip and copy by hand files" - it just does throw an error after uninstalling and forgets it has uninstalled those files.

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Now I even uninstalled and installed DIM again - the file still shows as installed.
    I unzipped the content and threw it in the runtime to uninstall again - no way ...
    I don't like DIM at the moment.

Edited to add: it does delete the "unzip and copy by hand files" - it just does throw an error after uninstalling and forgets it has uninstalled those files.

The ManifestFiles folder will be under Public, not your individual account on WIndows C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\ManifestFiles

edited December 1969

I have to kiss you ... thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    At least it isn't "installed" anymore!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Something strange yesterday. Went to use DIM and it told me I had to 'sign' the License Agreement. Of course I already had the first time I installed and used the DIM. Did the agreement change? or what?

edited December 1969

No it didn't change any of the wording that I'm aware of. They had to fix the formatting on the EULA

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    No it didn't change any of the wording that I'm aware of. They had to fix the formatting on the EULA

Thanks for the info. Is that why I had to agree again? Has anyone else gotten that message and been unable to use DIM until they do? My connection between DIM and the daz server keeps getting reset and it's driving me crazy. Could that have anything to do with it?

edited December 1969

You need to accept the new to be able to use DIM. Once I agreed I can use DIM fine

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    You need to accept the new to be able to use DIM. Once I agreed I can use DIM fine

Well, yeah, me too ;)

I posted because I wondered if I was the only one and if there was a change in the EULA. I've been using DIM for months (earliest date in folder is back in February).

edited December 1969

I had to except the new EULA 4 different times just from the store side. I was actually surprised I didn't get it when opening DIM

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Well at least you people HAVE DIM. I have 0 products, 0 ready to install, and to test it, I used the filter and my product shows up, and it shows ta-dah, only THAT one product as installed.

So what do you do when DIM disappears?

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Well at least you people HAVE DIM. I have 0 products, 0 ready to install, and to test it, I used the filter and my product shows up, and it shows ta-dah, only THAT one product as installed.

You mean DIM is only showing you having one product? Are you sure your account information is correct?

edited December 1969

Novica said:

\What filters do you have applied

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Is there a way to prevent DIM from trying to dowload and install Bryce, Vue, or Ca. I have tried to deselect them in the settings for Downloads but they still download and then just sit there taking up space in my installer.

edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    Is there a way to prevent DIM from trying to dowload and install Bryce, Vue, or Ca. I have tried to deselect them in the settings for Downloads but they still download and then just sit there taking up space in my installer.

In the Ready to Download tab, right-click and select Hide. If they've already downloaded, just right-click and choose Delete Package, then they'll show up in Downloads again and you can hide them.