Storypilot's Pizza Kitchen

Comments

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited June 2014

This is not the picture I mentioned in my previous post, I've let that one sit for now. Did this for the PC monthly challenge, fake movie or book covers. I was so enjoying the recent scenes in GoT between Grey Worm and Missandei, I made this featuring them.

Originally I was going to do one with four people, including them and also Sam and Gilly called "Game of Chairs" (cause they don't have any interest in thrones, as long as they just stay alive and have a place to sit)... or maybe "No Weddings For Us, Thank You".
    So far I haven't had time to make a good Gilly though, and if I'm doing Gilly, I need the baby as well.

In this, I used the new Elene skin and Spicy Jumpsuit for Missandei, with a variety of morphs, Beautiful Black Hairstyles. The cape is from Dragon Queen retextured with Totally Bazaar along with the little vest from Evening Gown for G2F. Benjamin's skin for Grey Worm with Bandit outfit. And the new dragon in back. :)

edit: and I put a no-text version in my gallery: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/29788/

Dragon_Sitters1.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 2M
    Post edited by Storypilot on
    edited December 1969

Tried a lot of color experiments in post on this one before landing on this version.

"Hero"

BoyDragonSlayer3-notext.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 1M
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Tried a lot of color experiments in post on this one before landing on this version.

"Hero"

thinking they are in trouble :-)

edited December 1969

bigh said:

"Hero"

thinking they are in trouble :-)

Definite trouble... but I like to think they stand a fighting chance. :)

edited July 2014

Some new pictures, all of which are maybe a little bit different from what I'm used to making and are part of me making a bit of an effort to experiment.

Touch of Death

This is inspired by the character Szeth from the fantasy series The Stormlight Archive. It isn't meant to be a rigorous representation of him, but it was from thinking about him that the picture started.

TouchOfDeath-notext.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 527K
    edited July 2014

"Molten"

A bit of humor, and again me experimenting with a something a little different for me. I'm thinking you can guess the inspiration, and slightly tongue in cheek at DAZ's expense... kind of if DAZ found themselves in charge of making up Disney princesses... :)

Molten_1s.jpg
    1190 x 1904 - 2M
    edited July 2014

And the last of these recent experiments with different styles, in this case an attempt toward a sort of Instagram-inspired look.

In the Grass

LadyInTheGrass1.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 435K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

"Molten"

A bit of humor, and again me experimenting with a something a little different for me. I'm thinking you can guess the inspiration, and slightly tongue in cheek at DAZ's expense... kind of if DAZ found themselves in charge of making up Disney princesses... :)

Cute.
    edited December 1969

love them all - great work

edited December 1969

Tramp Graphics and bigh - thank you very much.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Conga-Rats for the Win in PC Monthly well deserved with that render... and All here are of the same quality if you ask me.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Beautiful renders....Love that dragon!!! Trish

edited December 1969

Thanks for the rats, Jaderail, :) and glad you enjoy them! I'm always trying to learn new things and improve.

Thanks also, Trish!

edited December 1969

I've been watching maybe a bit too much True Blood lately.

VampireGlamour1.jpg
    675 x 681 - 131K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've been watching maybe a bit too much True Blood lately.
    LOL!! Well its a cool render anyway, even if my view is any True Blood is too much to watch, or I could name a few others in the same ilk...
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail. The funny thing was we had watched the first season years ago and dropped it, and then recently watched the first episode of the second season, and my reaction was, huh well it's ok we left this one behind. Then we watched one more... and found ourselves hopelessly absorbed into its over-the-top excess. :)

At any rate, here's a new one I made for the Epic Tales theme in the PC monthly.
    "Attack the Sky"

AttackTheSky4.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 826K
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

I just saw this in the Epic Contest thread. Very nice.

edited December 1969

Thanks Kismet2012, I appreciate it. Tried to go as epic as I thought I could. :)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

And nicely epic. I like the darker reds on the left and then going more orange as the view progresses to the right. Very nice hue changes and asymmetrical coloring. :)

edited December 1969

Thank you for noticing the color progression, Novica, that's actually something I'm specifically trying to get better at.

edited July 2014

I made this mainly trying out CakeOne's new product, Ethnics for G2M, but I think it came out nice. It uses a mixture of three of the ethnic morphs, plus some additional morphs, such as Zev0's aging morphs to add a little bit of wrinkle to the face and hands.

After the epic render, plus a couple of renders I did for Dreamslayer Artworks "Invasion - Countdown to Oblivion" contest, I needed to do a render of a quiet moment.

StephenManAtATrain2.jpg
    1200 x 1028 - 383K
    edited December 1969

I made this mainly trying out CakeOne's new product, Ethnics for G2M, but I think it came out nice. It uses a mixture of three of the ethnic morphs, plus some additional morphs, such as Zev0's aging morphs to add a little bit of wrinkle to the face and hands.

After the epic render, plus a couple of renders I did for Dreamslayer Artworks "Invasion - Countdown to Oblivion" contest, I needed to do a render of a quiet moment.

Excellent work !

edited December 1969

Thank you, bigh :)

Separately, I've offered condolences elsewhere, but I thought I'd take a moment here to acknowledge the passing of Jaderail in a small way. I was not as close to him as others on this forum, but I'm keenly aware of the lack of his warm presence...and noticing just now that my last interaction with him was the lighthearted nonsense about True Blood a few posts up. I was honored and delighted whenever he visited my thread here, and I will miss him.

Like a pizzeria that keeps a photo of Sinatra hanging on the wall, Jaderail, my 'kitchen' will keep your memory in a place of honor... there will always be a spot for Ol' Blue Skin. :)

Jaderail.jpg
    700 x 700 - 174K
  • Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
    edited July 2014

@ Tarina - It's really the least I can do... and you know, it just seems somehow fitting for this little virtual pizza place I have in the corner of Dazverse here to keep a tribute to one of the true legendary heroes of these forums, for he truly was that. I can imagine my android chef proudly telling a newcomer to the kitchen that, yes, you may not believe it, but Jaderail himself once came through this establishment. And he wondered why the pizza was stuck to the ceiling.
    :red:

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

Thanks Storypilot for the much needed chuckle. Pizza stuck to the ceiling, like my version of Scrambled Eggs made in the microwave. I call it "Exploded Eggs", lol.

edited December 1969

Thanks Storypilot for the much needed chuckle. Pizza stuck to the ceiling, like my version of Scrambled Eggs made in the microwave. I call it "Exploded Eggs", lol.

:) Glad it gave a chuckle. Exploded eggs! Oh boy, lol.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

Ingredients, desired Egg slop with the shells removed in a microwavable bull. A serving plate with eating utensils. And a Spatula to scrape the eggs off of the roof of the microwave onto the serving dish, when the eggs are done. lol

edited December 1969

Ingredients, desired Egg slop with the shells removed in a microwavable bull. A serving plate with eating utensils. And a Spatula to scrape the eggs off of the roof of the microwave onto the serving dish, when the eggs are done. lol

Ha, I can picture it. what a mess. If I did it, probably all the eggs would not get scraped off, and some would just stay behind on the ceiling, getting recooked over and over...

edited December 1969

Here is one of the renders I mentioned earlier that I made for the Dreamslayerartworks invasion-themed contest. Had to wait a bit to post it here. I got to really play with AoA's advanced spotlight and EZVolume camera.
    (click for big)

"Blue Descending"

BlueDescending-web.jpg
    1950 x 1300 - 680K