Storypilot's Pizza Kitchen

StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
edited November 2013 in Art Studio

It's always been a little dream of mine to open a pizza parlor, so I thought I'd try opening one up here in the Art Studio. I'm going to put some of my renders around in here. I appreciate any feedback, I'm always trying to improve.

Anyway, come in and feel free to sit down, the slices are warm and chewy. A bit on the pixelated side, but I hope you don't mind.

The first render is one I made last night and finished this morning when I started imagining a virtual pizza kitchen. It is rendered in DS 4.6 with post in Pixelmator.

Update 11/17/13: I now also have a DAZ user gallery here: Storypilot's Gallery
Feel free to check it out as well.

StorypilotsPizzaKitchen_(c).jpg
1200 x 675 - 240K
Post edited by Storypilot on

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

It's always been a little dream of mine to open a pizza parlor, so I thought I'd try opening one up here in the Art Studio. I'm going to put some of my renders around in here. I appreciate any feedback, I'm always trying to improve.

Anyway, come in and feel free to sit down, the slices are warm and chewy. A bit on the pixelated side, but I hope you don't mind.

The first render is one I made last night and finished this morning when I started imagining a virtual pizza kitchen. It is rendered in DS 4.6 with post in Pixelmator.

I like pizza - deep dish with the works :cheese:

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited September 2013

bigh said:

No deep dish today, but here's a photo of one of the pepperoni's I've made—that's my specialty. :)
    (It's the same one I composited into the render above).

storypilots-pizza.jpg
    604 x 453 - 71K
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

No deep dish today, but here's a photo of one of my pepperoni's I've made—that's my specialty. :)
    (It's the same one I composited into the render above).

yum yum :-)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Your sign is really a nice touch! And of course, you can't go wrong with pizza. Looking forward to seeing your renders. Welcome to the Art Studio.
    Cathie

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    edited December 1969

I like your VR pizza! Wasn't sure if the character was a ghost pizza maker or something futuristic. Very clever.

edited September 2013

Glad you enjoyed it, bigh!

Thank you very much Cathie for the welcome, and thanks SereneNight for the kind words. Yes, I'm imagining he's an android pizza chef who tosses the pizza right out of the projector in his arm, heh. ;)

Ok coming up, a few recent-ish renders...

edited September 2013

Here's my little series of Clancy and Sabra images so far, which I know some folks have seen before, but I'm going to go ahead and put them up here. I might be rendering some more images down the line featuring them. This is (briefly) the story so far.

Clancy (a.k.a. Homunculus) has built a machine called The Machine, and Sabra is his uncooperative, sometime sidekick who is always losing her slipper.

The names of the pieces, in chronological order but probably not the order you see them since I can't quite control what order they show up in, are:

Homunculus Grabbing Sabra
    Homunculus and The Machine
    Homunculus and the Flying Disc
    Homunculus Returns the Slipper and is Tripped for his Trouble
    and
    Homunculus: An Evening in Style

they are all DS 4.6 renders with post in Pixelmator except for the Flying Disc one, which has no post work.
    EDIT: they came up nearly in the right order, just Flying Disc being first instead of third.

HomunculusStreetWear2.jpg
    700 x 980 - 275K
    Homunculus-SabraTripsHimUp.jpg
    700 x 980 - 226K
    HomunculusAndThe_Machine1.jpg
    1400 x 1960 - 593K
    HomunculusGrabbingSabra-v2-3.jpg
    1400 x 1960 - 766K
    HomunculusFlyingDisc2.jpg
    1400 x 1960 - 501K
    edited December 1969

fun work - can she set down in that :)

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Great work on the character creation, Clancy's one of a kind! I also like the fact that though Sabra's a beauty, she has some personality too -- and a mischievous streak!

The pizza chef and waitress look like they have a story to tell. I'm intrigued. Hope you post more of them.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

That pizza looks fantastic , I'll take 2 to go please :D

edited December 1969

Thank you very much bigh and Jindi.
    I think there may be more to the story of the pizza chef and the waitress. At the very least, both of them have had versions of themselves appear in a number of my renders. The girl is named Kimberlina and the chef is Android Boy.

@Ivy - Two pizzas coming right up! Thanky for stopping in :)

edited September 2013

Here are several past renders with some of the various iterations of Kimberlina and Android Boy, sometimes together, sometimes not.

Kimberlina_Dancing.jpg
    900 x 1260 - 233K
    BigGameHunters1.jpg
    900 x 1260 - 273K
    RobotOnTheRun4.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 318K
    SnakeCharmer1.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 456K
    edited December 1969

Here are several past renders with some of the various iterations of Kimberlina and Android Boy, sometimes together, sometimes not.

super - love them :-)

but I don't see a pizza ;-)

• RiffulRifful Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I like the mood in the first Pizza Render. Sort of Cyber-surrealism crossed with folk-art.

edited September 2013

cjdean said:
    I like the mood in the first Pizza Render. Sort of Cyber-surrealism crossed with folk-art.

Thanks cjdean, much appreciated. It may sound odd, maybe not, but that is actually what I was hoping for with that.

...now bigh was looking for more pizza, and Ivy has a to-go order that's just come up! :-)

I started this just thinking it would be sort of quick and quirky, and it is... I'm still hoping it's fitting in somewhat with the style of the first one. I could have gone in a less welcoming, more dystopian direction with the interior here, but I was thinking the place is a little cozier inside than out.
    This thread is not going to be all pizza....at least I don't think it will... but it definitely will be from time to time. :)

Waitress-PizzaOrderUp2.jpg
    700 x 500 - 118K
  • Andrey PestryakovAndrey Pestryakov Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

Very nice rendering, interesting subjects for pictures!

edited December 1969

Thank you for checking them out, Andrey!

edited December 1969

cjdean said:

Thanks cjdean, much appreciated. It may sound odd, maybe not, but that is actually what I was hoping for with that.

...now bigh was looking for more pizza, and Ivy has a to-go order that's just come up! :-)

I started this just thinking it would be sort of quick and quirky, and it is... I'm still hoping it's fitting in somewhat with the style of the first one. I could have gone in a less welcoming, more dystopian direction with the interior here, but I was thinking the place is a little cozier inside than out.
    This thread is not going to be all pizza....at least I don't think it will... but it definitely will be from time to time. :)

I see how this works - Ivy gets hers nothing for me :ohh:

edited December 1969

lol... bigh, they might have some deep dish down this hallway, behind the curtain
    maybe check with them?

DubiousHallway2.jpeg
    1778 x 1000 - 515K
    edited December 1969

lol... bigh, they might have some deep dish down this hallway, behind the curtain
    maybe check with them?

cost to much and of low quality :)

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Lots to look at and lots of interaction, bright colors, stories and fun! I really enjoyed these!

edited December 1969

Thank you Spit.

Also
    Do not trust any pizza from her...

TeenWitchBelina1.jpg
    1400 x 1000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Thank you Spit.

Also

why does she spit on them :)
    like the funky BG stuff

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Thank you Spit.

Also

why does she spit on them :)
    like the funky BG stuff

Her pizza makes the boys choke and then turn to stone... :)

edited December 1969

A new one. Escape from Medbay!

Escape_from_Medbay-3.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 1M
    edited December 1969

fun one :-)

edited December 1969

bigh said:

fun one :-)

thanks bigh!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Very nice detail of the bloody cloth in her hand- it makes the viewer really root for them to move as fast as they can. Your lighting is nicely done :)
    Cathie

edited October 2013

Thank you Cathie! :)

Here's the Puppetmaster.
    A bit of a revision to the character I used in my Snake Charmer picture... ever since I did Snake Charmer, I wanted to do another one focusing more closely on that character. As I was playing with the Ball Joint Dolls, it seemed like a good chance to bring him back.

(At some point here, I'll need to make some more pizza.... )

PuppetMaster1a.jpg
    1000 x 1250 - 2M
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

I am gonna cry now. I have glutenintolerance and the glutenfree pizza's are HORRIBLE.
    Things I'd give for a delicious pizza, loaded with cheese, mushrooms, gorgonzola, tomatosauce, some herbs and salami...
    Oh, there you go, now my day is ruined :P