No elbow joints?

Hello. I recently removed and re-installed DAZ from my laptop and now some of the posing options seem to be missing for some reason. There's no option of rotating the arms (as in making the palms face up or down) and they can not bend at the elbow. This is true for all the basic 'nude' T-pose models and I can't figure out why, because I clearly remember it being an option before I removed and re-installed the DAZ software. As of now, I have nothing downloaded except for what's offered by DAZ with the initial software. 

Am I simply using the wrong models (although I can't understand why there would be options for facial expressions but not something as basic as bending the arm..)? Or did I miss a download somewhere? I use windows 10. 

Comments

• Which figure is it? Do you have any sliders showing under Transforms in the parametrs pane when the forearm is selected?

• AnthemisAnthemis Posts: 5
    edited November 2018

It's every figure I try to load that came with the software. Right now I'm on Genesis 8. I can see sliders for moving the arms front and back, up and down, up-left down and shrug the shoulders. There does not seem to be a way to select the forearm, it only selects the wrist-to-shoulder area. 

Post edited by Anthemis on
  • Oh yeah, under the Pose Controls, there's no Poses for the forearms.  Quick check... nope, not on any version of Genesis.  I don't specifically remember if or when that changed, and I don't know that there's any easy downloads to fix it.  To do it now, you just have to select the forearm you want to move and use the Rotations on the Parameters tab or the rotate tools in the Viewport.  You could also probably create a new property in the Pose Controls to do it from there, but with how simple the motion is, that might be more trouble than it's worth.

• Oh yeah, under the Pose Controls, there's no Poses for the forearms.  Quick check... nope, not on any version of Genesis.  I don't specifically remember if or when that changed, and I don't know that there's any easy downloads to fix it.  To do it now, you just have to select the forearm you want to move and use the Rotations on the Parameters tab or the rotate tools in the Viewport.  You could also probably create a new property in the Pose Controls to do it from there, but with how simple the motion is, that might be more trouble than it's worth.

I can't find an option to select the forearms at all. No matter how or where I click it only selects the whole wrist-shoulder area. The hands are easily selectable but how do I select the forearms?

• LosingSignalLosingSignal Posts: 409
    edited November 2018
    Anthemis said:

Oh yeah, under the Pose Controls, there's no Poses for the forearms.  Quick check... nope, not on any version of Genesis.  I don't specifically remember if or when that changed, and I don't know that there's any easy downloads to fix it.  To do it now, you just have to select the forearm you want to move and use the Rotations on the Parameters tab or the rotate tools in the Viewport.  You could also probably create a new property in the Pose Controls to do it from there, but with how simple the motion is, that might be more trouble than it's worth.

I can't find an option to select the forearms at all. No matter how or where I click it only selects the whole wrist-shoulder area. The hands are easily selectable but how do I select the forearms?

That's strange.  It almost sounds like the bones of the character have been rearrainged somehow.  Try going through the tree in the Scene Tab.  Assuming you're using Genesis 3 or 8, after the shoulder bend and twist bones, you should come to the forearm bend and twist bones.  If those are both there and work, then we'll have to look at your tool settings or viewports.

Image202.jpg
    366 x 659 - 69K
    Post edited by LosingSignal on
  • What tool do you have active? You need one of the node selection tools (Node Select, Universal, Rotate, Translate, or Scale) - see the Tools menu.

• No matter how or where I click it only selects the whole wrist-shoulder area

I'm shure Anthemis is currently using the surface selection tool so all the limbs material gets selected.

edited November 2018
    Anthemis said:

Oh yeah, under the Pose Controls, there's no Poses for the forearms.  Quick check... nope, not on any version of Genesis.  I don't specifically remember if or when that changed, and I don't know that there's any easy downloads to fix it.  To do it now, you just have to select the forearm you want to move and use the Rotations on the Parameters tab or the rotate tools in the Viewport.  You could also probably create a new property in the Pose Controls to do it from there, but with how simple the motion is, that might be more trouble than it's worth.

That's strange.  It almost sounds like the bones of the character have been rearrainged somehow.  Try going through the tree in the Scene Tab.  Assuming you're using Genesis 3 or 8, after the shoulder bend and twist bones, you should come to the forearm bend and twist bones.  If those are both there and work, then we'll have to look at your tool settings or viewports.

Thank you! Yes, that actually worked. The forearm (and the lower leg) still cannot be selected any other way that I can see, though. It just looks like this, the selected area is stuck as it is:

Image removed for nudity

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • LosingSignalLosingSignal Posts: 409
    edited November 2018
    Anthemis said:

Thank you! Yes, that actually worked. The forearm (and the lower leg) still cannot be selected any other way that I can see, though. It just looks like this, the selected area is stuck as it is:

Image removed for nudity

Looks like Syrus_Dante and Richard were on the right track.  You've got the Region Navigator tool turned on.  Go to the Tools menu and you'll see a list of other options.  The Node Select, Rotate, Translate, or Universal tool will let you select the small areas, like an individual forearm, lower leg, or finger.

edited November 2018
    Anthemis said:

Image removed for nudity

Looks like Syrus_Dante and Richard were on the right track.  You've got the Region Navigator tool turned on.  Go to the Tools menu and you'll see a list of other options.  The Node Select, Rotate, Translate, or Universal tool will let you select the small areas, like an individual forearm, lower leg, or finger.

YES. Thank you so much, it's working now.