Increase/Decrease fidelity-Carrara7

VolcanicMinkVolcanicMink Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Is it possible to increase/decrease the fidelity without using the +/- keys? I am currently using a laptop that does not have a separate number pad. The basic +/- keys have no affect in the program.
Thanks!

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi VolcanicMink
    Welcome :)

Have you tried hitting the "Num Lock" key.
    That should enable the laptop to use the numbers and +/-

There are also external numeric pads you can buy for laptops, ..(usually wireless)
    if that's not an option,. then it looks like your stuck with using the mouse/ touch-pad on your laptop.

Hope it helps

• VolcanicMinkVolcanicMink Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you. My 10-key died several months ago and I've not yet replaced it. Is there actually a way to modify fidelity with the touchpad?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I do not use Carrara so this is just a shot in the dark.

Keyboard Shortcuts, assign that funtion/s to what you want. I'm just trying to help. This might be the dumbest thing I've ever said...

• RoguePilotRoguePilot Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

I presume this is when you drag a basic object from the menu bar to the vertex editor?

If so there is an option on the right hand side to set the segmentation level. Type in there and press enter.

Another option is to insert from the 'Construct' menu bar. This gives you precise options in a submenu and puts the object at the zero point automatically. Very useful.

Image3.jpg
    643 x 525 - 66K
    Image2.jpg
    686 x 524 - 62K
    Image1.jpg
    643 x 434 - 57K