Artist Festival Render Thread ♦♦♦{Now with Prizes offered from DAZ 3D}♦♦♦

Comments

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited September 2013

LuanneMarie Lovely!

Chohole, Poseidon is just super!

Jake is angry and is tracking the varmint who stole his pack horse. It was carrying his beer keg and he's mighty thirsty! He's dressed in Shenandoah: Confederate Conscripts by meshitup (and is trekking through dimensiontheory's Yosemite.)

3DUniverse's Amy and Konrad are discussing the Hodge conjecture in algebraic geometry hoping for a chance at the Clay Millennium prize. Snick and Punkin are more interested in pizza but Smoky thinks he's figured out the solution and is waiting impatiently for Amy to ask for his input. A Bright Loft by Bludbird 3D. Some postwork.

TheHodgeConjecture.jpg
    772 x 1000 - 212K
    genM-conscript-yellowstone.jpg
    695 x 900 - 212K
    Post edited by Spit on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

*Pokes Jared*

I guess you might have missed this, so posting it again... well, in a sense. Quoting myself but couldn't be assed to write the question again *laughs*

Carola O said:
    Jared, could you clarify something for me.. or rather, let me know if I have missunderstood it or not :)

If the week counts from friday to friday as you mentioned in the post regarding the contest. Than am I correct in guessing that the Touched Eyes that came september 8 (sunday) counts for week 2? ( *holding thumbs she is correct in her guesswork* )

• jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

Had a lot of fun making this one, hope you like it.

Title: Captured

Sale products used:
    Dark Cyreena
    Mermaid Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Defenders of the Deep for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Gardens of Poseidon

Captured.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 539K
  • Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
  • JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited September 2013

Here is my first one, I have been working on this one for a while. This is part of a comic I am working on. The title is Passing of The Metro.

Stuff I got on sale are Vertical Living U and Vertical Living Repair shop plus you can't really see it here but I also got The border line but I don't have a docking station so I had to use maglev shuttle from an old RPublishing set which I think worked out well in the end.

Daz Studio 4.6 LDP-R

hunters_wide_3.jpg
    1459 x 820 - 312K
    hunters_wide_2.jpg
    1459 x 820 - 268K
    hunters_wide.jpg
    1459 x 820 - 273K
    Post edited by JohnDelaquiox on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,129
    edited December 1969

Title: To Touch The Sky

Artist Festival items used:
    Desert Outpost by Stonemason
    Gardens of Poseidon - Super Bundle by Orestes Graphics
    Mermaid Genesis 2 Female(s) Mega Bundle by Sickleyield and Fuseling

Reposting my first image. I've changed lighting in this one...

Edit: Added another version. ^^

I just love that mermaid's tail fins - is it one that you created yourself, or does it come with the set (I can't see anything quite like it there)?
    edited March 2017

edited September 2013

Oh my, I didn't even realise there WERE morphs for the fins! Thanks very much for drawing my attention to that (I obviously failed to read the product details or ReadMe before launching into using them :red:) Thanks for replying so quickly, I'm off to play now.... :)

Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited March 2017

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    *Pokes Jared*

I guess you might have missed this, so posting it again... well, in a sense. Quoting myself but couldn't be assed to write the question again *laughs*

Carola O said:
    Jared, could you clarify something for me.. or rather, let me know if I have missunderstood it or not :)

If the week counts from friday to friday as you mentioned in the post regarding the contest. Than am I correct in guessing that the Touched Eyes that came september 8 (sunday) counts for week 2? ( *holding thumbs she is correct in her guesswork* )

Yes, you are correct. So for week 1 the it is items from the 30th to the 6th. Week two would be the 7th to the 13th and so on. I said Friday to Friday to include the extra Friday at the start of the PA festival. Going forward I guess it will be Saturday to Friday. Hope that clarifies everything. Since there is the midmonth catch-up today I guess I should state that any items purchased in the Midmonth catch-up would still need to be used in that PA's week. For example if you purchased something today in the mid month catch-up from a PA who was featured in Week 2, then that item would could be used for the week 2.

So far Week 1's renders have been amazing. We are currently going over them and voting on the winners. We hope to have them announced before the end of the day today. Remember to have your week 2 renders in by 8:00 AM (DAZ Time) Wednesday morning. I can't

edited December 1969

OK, the judging and voting for week 1 has been completed, and I am happy to announce the winners.

1st Place - "Captured" by jerham
    2nd Place - "Unwelcome Guests" by Jabba101
    3rd Place - "Mertail1" by Scorpio64dragon

Honorable Mention - "Mage on a Train" by StoryPilot

Congratulations to our 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. You have won Gift Cards of $7.00, $5.00 and $3.00 respectively. I will add the store credit to your accounts shortly.

I'd like to thank everyone for participating in week 1's render contest. All of the images that were submitted were great. There was a lot of debate going on around the office, and we all had a blast voting on the images this morning.

I want to encourage everyone to participate in week 2's render contest. You just need to include an item from a Featured PA anywhere between 7th and the 13th of September (not including catch-up artists see above post for information about that).

If you submitted an image that included a week 2 featured artist instead of week 1 your image was not taken into consideration for this week's voting, it will be taken into consideration for week 2's contest. Remember to get your final images in by 8:00 AM (Mountian Time) Wednesday the 18th for week 2 of the Premier Artist Festival Render Contest.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

Congrats jerham, Jabba, and scorpio64dragon, beautiful images all of them.

So many great pics from everyone. Thank you for the honorable mention, an honor indeed.

edited March 2017

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited September 2013

DAZ_jared said:
    Carola O said:
    *Pokes Jared*

Carola O said:

Yes, you are correct. So for week 1 the it is items from the 30th to the 6th. Week two would be the 7th to the 13th and so on. I said Friday to Friday to include the extra Friday at the start of the PA festival. Going forward I guess it will be Saturday to Friday. Hope that clarifies everything. Since there is the midmonth catch-up today I guess I should state that any items purchased in the Midmonth catch-up would still need to be used in that PA's week. For example if you purchased something today in the mid month catch-up from a PA who was featured in Week 2, then that item would could be used for the week 2.

So far Week 1's renders have been amazing. We are currently going over them and voting on the winners. We hope to have them announced before the end of the day today. Remember to have your week 2 renders in by 8:00 AM (DAZ Time) Wednesday morning. I can't

Thanks Jared, I'm glad I was correct.. means I can use the touched eyes for week 2 :) (might end up using them on Naida and/or Nalin again *grins*)

Grats to the winners :)

Post edited by Carola O on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Well done the winners. All the renders here were super.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

This is another POV of the same scene as before.

hunters_wide_1.jpg
    1459 x 820 - 316K
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Wow, I was really needing a boost this week, so that's brilliant, thanks.

Congrats to others too... plenty of great renders in this thread already and there's still more than half the month yet to go!

edited December 1969

Congratulations to jerham, Jabba101, Scorpio64dragon and StoryPilot, well done all.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited September 2013

(Not a contest entry)

Playing with some new goodies --this one features Surreality's Zillah skin textures and the pose is from Defenders of the Deep by FeralFey. (Now on Sale!)

Clicky to embiggen.

Angel_1.png
    1300 x 1300 - 551K
    Post edited by Canary3d on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,489
    edited December 1969

Well done winners, lot's of great renders from the new items!

• VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

Picked up Mahala the other day

Mahala

First render using this character. Love her!

mahala.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 734K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,309
    edited December 1969

Wow thanks
    congrats to jerham, Jabba101 and StoryPilot
    and everyone else - some lovely renders.

edited December 1969

Just an update to the rules. I'm using this post to mark where the rules changed. By submitting an image for the contest, you agree to allow us to use that image on the main site.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,308
    edited December 1969

I really like how DAZ showcased the winners for the first week, on the front page.

pa-render-contest.jpg
    500 x 389 - 100K
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

Yeah that is very cool, just saw it myself! Congrats again :)

edited December 1969

I really like how DAZ showcased the winners for the first week, on the front page.

That was Jeff's idea. He did the layout and everything, though I think the quality of the renders is what makes it look good. I think we'll be doing that for the winners each week.

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

congratulations to the first weeks winners jerham, Jabba101 and StoryPilot!

• BLibyBLiby Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

First try with Festival Render

Mermaid5.jpg
    1294 x 668 - 713K
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

here is another entry using Squee the Fae Dragon

|:| Between Moments |:|

betweenMomentsSM.jpg
    1473 x 1800 - 351K
  • Kyu2130Kyu2130 Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

**warning this render is wide!!!**
    and since it is i cant post it here so i'm giving you the link to my Da page so you can see it

http://kyu2130.deviantart.com/art/Desert-Outpost-397260838

ok this render came about because i wanted to do my version of a promo image for this product in a framed works format.