Lost My Search Function

LucynskyLucynsky Posts: 64

In my efforts to move everything to my F: drive than my C: drive, my search function got hosed. While it is kind of nice to get in touch with the myriad things I've collected by going though the Content Library trees, sometimes I just want a martini glass, or rose, or something.

Things I've tried:

Migrate old Content database:

WARNING: Database Migration Error - Could not open database file: C:/Users/judyv/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio3/Content
WARNING: Database Migration Error - Error connecting to old database

Any thoughts on what I can do now?

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Just a wild guess here, maybe by running a Content Database maintenance scan to re-import all the metadata.

• LucynskyLucynsky Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

I'll give it a shot.

Ok, did the re-import. Still can't find a chair or genesis.

Did the Process Metadata Queue. Nope.

I'm kind of wondering if it's not seeing the Content Database.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Have you checked to see that CMS is running as a process in Task Manager (or it's equivalent if you on a Mac)

edited December 1969

Thanks! Swindows user here. :)

Newp. It's not there. Ok. That's gotta be the thing.

For grins and giggles, I checked my programs. DIM's there, but the Content Database isn't, and Daz isn't. Which is odd, since I had DIM install Daz, and that's open and running.

edited December 1969

For grins and giggles, I checked my programs. DIM’s there, but the Content Database isn’t, and Daz isn’t. Which is odd, since I had DIM install Daz, and that’s open and running.

I'm not sure what you mean here?

If you mean that you can't see these processes in the Task Manager, then you may have to click on the 'Show processes from all users' button. You wont see anything called Content Database, but the Content Management Service should be running.

If the CMS is not running, go to the Start menu in Windows, select All Programs > DAZ 3D, and start CMS from there.

edited December 1969

Some great ideas. I posted what I'm staring at.

start_menu.png
    428 x 613 - 92K
    content_manager_derp_02.png
    594 x 463 - 62K
    edited December 1969

I don't know what has happened here. You don't seem to have the Content Management Service installed at all, and it should install with any version of DAZ Studio. The installer gives you the option to install CMS or not, so perhaps you didn't allow the install?

If you installed DAZ Studio using the DIM, something has gone wrong. I have never installed an application using the DIM, but I use it for everything else. The only thing I can suggest at the moment, is to go to your My Account area, select Product Library, find DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro, which is the latest version, and click on the Blue download button (manual install), and reinstall DS by running the EXE installer yourself.

That should install CMS as well as the latest version of DS. Just make sure to select the correct one, there are versions for Mac and Windows, and 32 bit and 64 bit versions. If you are using Windows 64 bit, then download the Win 64 bit version, and install that. You don't need to reinstall any content that you already have.

edited December 1969

*nod*

I think this was the first time I let DIM install Daz3d proper.

Sound advice. *nod* Getting requests: "Hey, can you do a " Um, I think so, but search....

edited December 1969

That was the culprit. Downloaded and inflicted by hand. Got the Content Database going, and search going swell.