Where Can I Find This Critter

Just checked the product page for the new leathered wings and saw this rabbit, absolutely love him, but there are no notes about other products so have no idea where to get this guy. Below is the picture and this is the product page for the wings...   https://www.daz3d.com/leathered-wings-for-all

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I think you may find that is the old Toon Rabbit from 3D Uninvers

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683

That image is so awesome! <3

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Jackelopes are famous world-wide now. No joke I saw a jackelope the size of a very big german shepherd near Mandawa, Rajastan this past March!  OK, it was a hare but it really was the size of a very big german shepherd, I couldn't believe my eyes, but I couldn't find it again to take a picture it moved like it was shot out of a cannon.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Jackelopes are famous world-wide now. No joke I saw a jackelope the size of a very big german shepherd near Mandawa, Rajastan this past March!  OK, it was a hare but it really was the size of a very big german shepherd, I couldn't believe my eyes, but I couldn't find it again to take a picture it moved like it was shot out of a cannon.

I see them every time I'm out snipe hunting ;)

Laurie

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,293

I took a look at the list of morphs for the toon rabbit, it is possible, sure would be nice to see images of some of those morphs to get a better idea.

• The wings look like it came from 3DU mythical dragon textures for daz dragon. Horns ? (I agree it is 3DU rabbit, very creative mix of stuff.)

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I think the wings are the new wings for the product the promo is in ;)

Laurie

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252

And probably the Oso fur shaders.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

Personally I don't think its the 3DU Toon Rabbit, I can't get the face/cheeks smoothed out, the eyes and ears are not quite right either, if it is then some extra mophing has been done.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

It wouls seem to be rather surprising if 3DU used someone elses creature to promote a new item by themselves,  was why I assumed it was based in the 3DU toon rabbit.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    Chohole said:

It wouls seem to be rather surprising if 3DU used someone elses creature to promote a new item by themselves,  was why I assumed it was based in the 3DU toon rabbit.

Oh I agree with that but it might be something that is coming(would be nice its really cute) or something they did as a commision, I'm sure its their work I just don't feel it's the Toon Rabbit.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984

Go ask at their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/3DUniverse where you can also see a preview of their Toon Generations 8 family.

• Hi all,

The "Jackalope" image was simply a morphed version of our Toon Rabbit. We modeled basic antlers and added a displacement noise map to create the fur look.

all the best,
    Steve

Rabbit.jpg
    805 x 1048 - 188K
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,293

Thank you Steve, so now I know I need the rabbit. Any chance that morph might be made available to the public, he is so cute? I will definitely try that noise option for fur, have messed around with such before but not with very good results so far.

• Show not TellShow not Tell Posts: 206
    edited August 2018

Hey Steve, looks like there is a market for you jackalope (wink wink). Thanks for your products and hard work over the years btw.

Post edited by Show not Tell on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Hi all,

The "Jackalope" image was simply a morphed version of our Toon Rabbit. We modeled basic antlers and added a displacement noise map to create the fur look.

all the best,
    Steve

Any chance of seeing his antlers hit the store as an add-on item? That would be awesome! I know I'd buy them. Toon Rabbit looks great in the promo image!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Hi all,

all the best,
    Steve

Any chance of seeing his antlers hit the store as an add-on item? That would be awesome! I know I'd buy them. Toon Rabbit looks great in the promo image!

I like the notion of selling a Jackalope addon for the Toon Bunny too, sort of like the Pegasus addon sold for Tumbleweed, as the style you'd sculpted Jackalope in is like our local Briarjumpers jackrabbit school mascot.