DAZ Studio Pro BETA (4.6.0.81), Now Available!

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

I see no problems with Smart Content working so you must not have everything set up right. Can you post the path your content is installed to and the paths listed in Content Directory Manager for both DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Remember that the beta doesn't share settings with the release version, so you have to set the paths up for it - it does, however, share the CMS database which is why you can try loading things from Smart Content even if they are in unmapped folders (and get errors as a result).

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

Its crashing for me every time I save a scene. The scene gets saved, but it does crash all the time.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Is there anything in the Log File to give a clues as to why it crashes, is it a very large scene, and will it save a smaller scene without crashing?

• RiffulRifful Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    Um, are the replies to this thread only meant to be about downloading the beta, or is this where I should put noticed bugs in the beta itself? I have been using this beta since it appeared in DIM and have found 2 issues.
    ---------------
    2nd, an issue with using sliders in the shaping tab. This issue is a bit lengthy to explain and only seems to apply when using the shape sliders on Genesis in saved scenes (saved from prior to beta install). On Genesis in a new scene, this does not seem to happen. But, here it is... select Genesis in the scene, go to Shaping tab and slide shape sliders. If you simply scroll through the list without choosing a subcategory (ie Female, Male, Universal, Head, Face, etc.), sliders have no problems. But, if you choose a category/filter (such as Male, Female, Head, Face, Torso, etc.), then try to apply a shape, the slider only goes a little way up before jumping you off of the slider and back to the beginning of the Actors list. So you end up only applying about 23% or so of the morph, then you have to click on the category again or scroll back down the list to finish applying it. Sometimes it will apply 100% of the morph, but it still jumps you back up to Actors and the beginning of the list.

I had this happen too. I wanted to report it somewhere, but I have no idea where the beta is discussed or reported. Maybe there should be a beta forum?

I found a new bug today. I selected both eyes with G2F in the scene tab and used a slider to have only one eye move. Here's a screen shot. Definitely something wrong with sliders.

eyes.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 107K
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Bugs used to get reported to the old Mantis system, however that has changed and you can now submit bug reports via the new Zendesk system (after logging in), at https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new . You can use this for reporting either non-beta or beta bugs, here is a field asking for the version number of the application, just enter whatever the version number of DS is. Although you can mention bugs in this thread for others for info and to get advice, you will need to report them in the system for DAZ to know about and be able to fix them.

• AkhbourAkhbour Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Have you checked that they are finding all of their files? The beta is a separate application from the release version, and shaders need files that are kept in the application folder. The log should tell you if something was missing, which by the description I suspect is the case.

Thanks Richard, that did it!

Sorry for the late answer, have been away for a couple of days.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,178
    edited August 2013

Bugs are reported to bugs.daz3d.com. This address previously redirected to the Mantis Bug Tracker and required a separate account. Now it redirects to our Zendesk portal and uses the same account that you use to login to the store and/or forums. Bugs are now submitted as a Help Request (Help > Contact Us > Submit a Help Request) to our Technical Support team. Our Technical Support team, in conjunction with members of our QA team, then help determine whether the report is one of usage and should be handled at that level or one of defect/request that requires additional support from the Software and/or Product Development teams.

Unfortunately, in addition to the confusion that many have had with needing a separate account, the Mantis Bug Tracker was being used for technical support purposes. This was causing the wrong people to be used in a technical support capacity and it was impacting the effectiveness of the teams that build and/or fix stuff. DAZ is a small company. As such, it is even more important that we use the resources we have in the way that we can be the most effective. This change, in addition to removing some of the confusion, helps us to be more effective.

We understand the concerns from those that valued the ability, in the Mantis Bug Tracker, to view and/or comment on the reports submitted by others. There are several of us, internally, that have appreciated that ability as well. We are hopeful that a pending bugfix for the Zendesk portal will allow us to enable that ability again. We do not currently know when that defect will be resolved, as we are at the mercy of Zendesk for the fix, but we are actively tracking it and we are [also] eager to see it implemented.

@Slosh:

Build 4.6.0.91 includes a fix that should resolve the issue you describe.

@cjdean:

What you are seeing is not a bug. It is the result of new features that we've "heard" a number of users request; both directly and indirectly. You now have the ability to choose whether selected items are displayed separately in the Parameters, Posing and Shaping panes; notice the bone icons in your image. This is controlled by the "Display Separate Items" option in the associated pane's Option Menu; build 4.6.0.44. To experience the previous behavior, where the groups of all selected nodes are collapsed into a single hierarchy, you'll want to uncheck this option.

Whereas the "Display Separate Items" option described above affects the left side (nodes and groups) of the pane, in the next public build you will have an additional option, labeled "Consolidate Properties", that allows you to choose whether or not parameters are collapsed into a single control (with a preceding number in parenthesis and a colon), according to those parameters having the same type and label, within the right side of the pane; build 4.6.0.83.

A third, related, feature in the current public build is the ability to show the non-auto-following parameters of followers (i.e. clothing, hair, etc) that are fit to a host figure when said host figure is selected. This is controlled by the "Display Followers" option in the associated pane's Option Menu.

-Rob

Post edited by rbtwhiz on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Well honestly Rob, the new bug 'desk' is very confusing even to me. There are no drop down lists for application versions nor any bug category drop down list. It doesn't even say "BUG Report" it says Knowledge Base.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

Some little remarks : I see some good features implemented but like always, there is very few documentation on DAZ side, so interresting things are mostly unusable. (or at least not without fiddling a bit)

One question about 3delight engine update : Could it be possible to get the associated manual of the version? I think there are some good new functions in the engine that I'd like to implement but it's a bit hard guessing without a manual

On the beta itself, I had a few crashes that I didn't have with the stable version. But no clue from the Logs and no Idea where that could come from as it seems to crash randomly at any time.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

I'm having an issue with the latest public release of 4.6 where after saving a fie with v4 a good portion of the morphs show as missing when I attempt to reload the file. Re-injecting the morphs sometimes fixes it, sometimes doesn't, and other 3rd party morphs simply wont work after reloading them. In many situations I have to create a file from scratch and keep working on it without saving it and hope I don't crash.

There were at least 3 bugs in the mantis tracker regarding this issue and they provided additional detail. Can I get any feedback on what the status is with this? this bug has really caused a problem with my production and unless the beta was patch with something to remedy this it's not something I'm comfortable with to introduce into my pipeline.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Well, good news is, I'm finally getting my content to work again. Bad news is, now my mouse cursor goes invisible in the interface...

edited December 1969

Well, good news is, I'm finally getting my content to work again. Bad news is, now my mouse cursor goes invisible in the interface...

there was/is a submarine issue with tablets, do you have a graphic tablet?

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

So wait - I apologize if someone already asked and answered this. Is the issue fixed wherein conforming a clothing item to another clothing item on G2F triggers the Autofit prompt?

I'd sure like to publish SRMS-G2F this year.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited August 2013

So wait - I apologize if someone already asked and answered this. Is the issue fixed wherein conforming a clothing item to another clothing item on G2F triggers the Autofit prompt?

In the current public beta (4.6.0.81) the autofit dialog is still triggered. Not sure about private beta of course, but perhaps Rob can chime in there.

Post edited by Renpatsu on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:

In the current public beta (4.6.0.81) the autofit dialog is still triggered. Not sure about private beta of course, but perhaps Rob can chime in there.

Well, crud. Thanks for the information.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Not on a quick test, I'm afraid.

• RiffulRifful Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:

@cjdean:

What you are seeing is not a bug. It is the result of new features that we've "heard" a number of users request; both directly and indirectly. You now have the ability to choose whether selected items are displayed separately in the Parameters, Posing and Shaping panes; notice the bone icons in your image. This is controlled by the "Display Separate Items" option in the associated pane's Option Menu; build 4.6.0.44. To experience the previous behavior, where the groups of all selected nodes are collapsed into a single hierarchy, you'll want to uncheck this option.

---

-Rob

I'm not sure why or how I would need that option, but it certainly is confusing from an interface standpoint. If I did want to move just 1 item, it would be a small thing to select that item in the scene tab by itself. If I select items in the scene tab, I expect them to show and be altered according to the parameter tab. At the very least the old way should be the default. If not only for the sake of WYSIWYG, then for the sake of legacy user compatibilty.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Nope.

edited August 2013

Nope.

GPU Drivers perhaps? Are they up-to-date from the vendor for your OS?
    there was also this thread (mac related) a while back
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/23992/P15

Post edited by StratDragon on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Please include the lip group under skins...when I use that to change skins values the lips stay the same, and technically it should change with the rest.

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Wow. DAZ_Spooky came on and talked about one of DAZ's own computers not being connected to the Internet. But he didn't see the hypocrisy that this implied.

If DAZ has computers that aren't connected to the internet, then DAZ obviously understands why sane people don't necessarily want to download something on the same computer that they're going to run it on. DAZ just plays "do as we say, not as we do" with their customers.

That's one big reason to stomp out DIM. I'll add a second reason why I won't be using it for any software installs. Nothing that I can't scan first gets on any of my computers.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Wow. DAZ_Spooky came on and talked about one of DAZ's own computers not being connected to the Internet. But he didn't see the hypocrisy that this implied.

If DAZ has computers that aren't connected to the internet, then DAZ obviously understands why sane people don't necessarily want to download something on the same computer that they're going to run it on. DAZ just plays "do as we say, not as we do" with their customers.

That's one big reason to stomp out DIM. I'll add a second reason why I won't be using it for any software installs. Nothing that I can't scan first gets on any of my computers.

1) You can download on a different computer than you install with -- I know several people who do so. Just download on the connected computer (using either DIM or the Product Library), then copy the files onto your unconnected computer, either into the DIM downloads folder on that computer, or to install manually.

2) The downloads are all zip files

3) You can scan the zips before you even put them on your unconnected computer.

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

1) You can download on a different computer than you install with -- I know several people who do so. Just download on the connected computer (using either DIM or the Product Library), then copy the files onto your unconnected computer, either into the DIM downloads folder on that computer, or to install manually.
    Except that, as DAZ just said, you can't do this with the new Studio beta. No blue button, just a green one, LOL.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

I said what I did for the sake of simplicity, and brevity, what I said was not entirely accurate from the standpoint of fully unplugging the network cables, though the net result, as far as access to Mantis is concerned, is the same. :)

It is more accurate to say It is still connected to our network, behind our firewall, and the network is connected to the Internet, however It no longer has the ability to send e-mail, it is no longer on the DNS and it no longer allows login from outside the firewall. If I were to login from the console I could get to the internet. Getting to it from the Internet is a whole different matter. :)

The biggest issue with porting the bugs to the new system is the separate login that Mantis used. Correlating the accounts would take too many people too much time, that could be spent working the bugs instead of moving the bugs. As Rob said we are a small company. :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Except that, as DAZ just said, you can't do this with the new Studio beta. No blue button, just a green one, LOL.

That is correct. To ensure that the beta can run in parallel with the release version, it must be installed with DIM. However, you can still download it with DIM on your online machine, scan the zip, and then copy it over to your offline machine to install it.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

You can always scan the directory after it downloads but before it is installed. (It is only zip files after all.)
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    edited August 2013

The beta seems to have the problem loading scenes saved in previous version. It takes very long with frequent "daz studio has stopped responding messages before launching. This is frustrating, these files are not very old. once loaded they perform okay but loading is now time consuming. Also merging scenes is time consuming.

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited December 1969

I'm having an issue with the latest public release of 4.6 where after saving a fie with v4 a good portion of the morphs show as missing when I attempt to reload the file. Re-injecting the morphs sometimes fixes it, sometimes doesn't, and other 3rd party morphs simply wont work after reloading them. In many situations I have to create a file from scratch and keep working on it without saving it and hope I don't crash.

There were at least 3 bugs in the mantis tracker regarding this issue and they provided additional detail. Can I get any feedback on what the status is with this? this bug has really caused a problem with my production and unless the beta was patch with something to remedy this it's not something I'm comfortable with to introduce into my pipeline.

I would like a response to this question please.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I would like a response to this question please.

Have you filed a new bug report with zendesk?