JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS V]

Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
edited July 2013 in The Commons

Back down the line

Totte said:
Totte said:
Carola O said:
Jack Tomalins Whisky Brewery.. sounds liek a nice name *winks* Or perhaps Jack Tomalins Elderly Care Service?

Jack Tomalins' Mental institution?

Hahaha, yea, that's the name of my office I think

To derail this thread so close to the final destination, I just have to tell you about the game of Openration:Fallen Reich (www.fallen.se) I played two days ago (thats why I came up with the name). It was a convention adventure with pre generated characters, Game mastered by one of the developers of the game.

One guy played a woman who "were" an incarnation Napoleon, or thought she were. One guy played a former boxer who could flip when he didn't take his medication, one guy played a guy who was afraid to die as he would be reincarnated as a tick due to his bad karma, one played an army Captain who could not make even the simplest decisions, and I played a female psycholog "observing" this mental group as an "experiment for the army", posing as a naval nurse, sounding like a seadog telling people they will get keel hauled, yelling, foulmouthed "more man than any of then men in the group", trying to push the others to do stupid things just to make them flip. I've never laughed so much for six hours straight ;-)

ROFL, sounds like fun indeed ;P Now, get to work on that whisky old man *winks teasingly and runs off*

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Totte that Sounds like fun!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,508
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Totte that Sounds like fun!

Very fun indeed!

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,123
    edited December 1969

Oooh I see we're in pastures new!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Sounds crazy to me...really crazy...mind you knowing Totte that is fitting

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2013

Hmm isn't there a little bit of pots and kettles about that last statement?

edited December 1969

:P I have no idea what you mean.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    :P I have no idea what you mean.

Well I do, and I think Cho's right. :coolsmirk:
    edited December 1969

shakes head saying no you got it all wrong whilst smirking inside and plotting BWC world domination. Well you got to have a few hobbies.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Yes yes, we got it perfectly right.. we know dear *gently pats Szarks head* Now, don't take those plans too long or we will be forced to punish you... again *smirks*

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thread number "V" ...

V.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 278K
    edited December 1969

Great idea!

Kerya said:
    Thread number "V" ...
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Thread number "V" ...
    LOL

I know why there is a sudden spate of madness around here...it's that whiskey, specially distilled I would wager.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Wow !! Shiny ,clean ,new thread ........soooo who's gonna clutter it up with some more renders????
    By the way very nice V render Kerya.

edited December 1969

I used some of Jack's stuff in this render too (seems to be in every render).

Real men don't use sun block!

no_sun_block.jpg
    1178 x 868 - 263K
    edited December 1969

LOL Totte. Better title "Brit Abroad" or "You have been Tan..goed" Love the water pistol and water jet.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    LOL Totte. Better title "Brit Abroad" or "You have been Tan..goed" Love the water pistol and water jet.

Thx Pete!

Not only Brits looks like cooked lobsters when abroad.

edited December 1969

LOL too true Totte

edited December 1969

Jack.. I run into a little bit of a odd happening with the cheyenne village, bought it today with the 2-hawt coupon (well bought the bundle rather) haven't actually loaded it until now.. and the pre-load acts .. strange. I highly doubt that is how it is supposed to be, and when loading the ifgures on their own they don't act like this :)

Attaching a render with how it looks when I've used the Pre-load, not sure if it is a bug somewhere but felt it better to give a little bit of a heads up (might be cause it's 4.6?)

preload_cheyennevillage.png
    1747 x 902 - 1M
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,814
    edited December 1969

They aren't actually in the air, it's that the ground stops before them - if you use the side or front/back views you will see that all elelments are at ground level. I'm not sure why the ground doesn't go all the way, I thought it did before.

edited December 1969

They aren't actually in the air, it's that the ground stops before them - if you use the side or front/back views you will see that all elelments are at ground level. I'm not sure why the ground doesn't go all the way, I thought it did before.

Richard is right, it's the village that loads a little "off" compared to the ground...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Just checked, and it loads the same way in DS3

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2013

It actually looks as though the village is in the wrong place

It does the same in poser as well The preset loads in the wrong place.

I never noticed before because I built my own layout in Bryce.

Cheyenne_encampment_aged_again.jpg
    1104 x 848 - 419K
    cheyenn_village.jpg
    1127 x 642 - 32K
    edited December 1969

I've had a look, its just a case of moving the ground on the 6x6 preload... I'll see about getting an update if it would help.

:)

edited December 1969

It's allright, might be good with an update so other people don't wonder if they run into this. But for me it's not necessary, I will just move it around.

Btw, is there a short command to center a scene? *curious*

edited December 1969

Objects? or the camera.. you have the frame option in the viewport there :)

edited December 1969

Objects I meant :)

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Objects I meant :)

Yea, I dont think there is.. though someone might come along and prove me wrong :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,814
    edited December 1969

What you might be able to do is select an element in the middle of the scene, and the ground, and then (in DS) use the Align pane to position them. The thing you select first will be the anchor, the item that doesn't move, so if you are selecting an item within the parented group of props make sure that that's the first thing you select and the ground is second - otherwise you will just move the parented item out of position.

edited July 2013

Love that indian village Chocole, so very well done!

Nurse Victoria Perth.
    I put her here because the door she's in front of is from one of my fav sets from Jack;-)

Nurse_Perth_pw.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 188K
    Post edited by Totte on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Just sneaking in with one of Jack's trains in the background ...

Waiting.jpg
    1300 x 900 - 151K