Art of the Promo

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,324
    edited June 2016

And Feral Fey new Fighting Staff series of Poses have a great active dynamic energy to them.  I do think the female's high kick is particularly genre appropriate.

fightingstaff.jpg
    760 x 494 - 317K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on

The new Courage Under Fire Poses by Devon have some great "in the action" promos today showing the soldiering poses in an active battle.  Standard poses usually just have the base model against a flat background,  cause they render quickly and show the poses but having this level of detail is quite impressive to see for a change.

quoting from bottom of previous page lest it get missed

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Zombies: the creeping dead poses, by Sarah Payne. Another pose set in the store today with some great artistic renders. I particulary liked this one

"It's a cold dark night and I walk the streets of the Sprawl,  the dense urban expanse surrounds..."  

• I do have to say that Deviney is a master at Promo images! I don't think I've ever seen one that hasn't made me stop dead to explore it more! He really outdid himself with the current Promo images for his Underwater Air brushes, though.

Deviney = Genius!

I had to laugh again today, when I saw that Deviney's whole store is on sale at DAZ3D.

...Why:  Because I bought everything Deviney offers long ago, and keep snatching up his new creations with relish as they appear. I open the sale page, knowing that I will find an empty page, except on the rare chance that I haven't yet picked up a new release.

...and yes, his Underwater Air brushes and Dry Ice promo images illustrate his creative application of these brushes, inspiring me anew with each new release & supporting set of numerous example images. Making these tools available, enables everyone to have the potential for crafting utterly believable and astounding imagery. While there are various brush collections from other sources, Deviney produces such a consistently high quality product & nails his supporting promos for each, so that I know I can create magic when jumping off with his tool libraries equipped.

A great time to be alive!  ... Ok, so I like the stuff...I'll leave it at that ...

Drool... Lol

Whole bunch of new Ivan promos today worth having a look at in the store,  this one for Thomas Hair in particular stood out for some reason.  A bit of a retro seventies, longshoreman vibe to it and totally appropriate for the middle aged character launch. 

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited June 2016

Am I the only one that thinks there's a hint of Michael Caine in that character? Very characterful image though. Intense.

Post edited by TangoAlpha on

I think there's a hint of Robert Shaw's weather beaten captain in there too. 

Luthbel has delivered a remastered version on his War Dog outfit originally first released for M4 way back when,  and what really drew my attention was the snapshot from the front lines promo that highlights fits and textures.  There is a master at work here. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited June 2016

Love this one.  Such an iconic fantasy picture and the troll just looks incredibly pleased with himself.

05-epic-struggle-poses-for-genesis-2-and-genesis-3-males-and-females-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 178K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

A Functional Promo today for the Shaders Plan pack.   Imparting information and clearly showing the benefits of the product sometimes with the written word providing additional details with the image really makes you take a second look at the art.  Alomst like an advertisement,  they work in conjunction with one another.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029

A Functional Promo today for the Shaders Plan pack.   Imparting information and clearly showing the benefits of the product sometimes with the written word providing additional details with the image really makes you take a second look at the art.  Alomst like an advertisement,  they work in conjunction with one another.

Fabi's promo pics are usually quite good for this :)

edited July 2016

3DUniverse delivers a hint of the mischievous!

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    Leana said:

Fabi's promo pics are usually quite good for this :)

She does wonderful lighting too.  i love her lighiting

Speaking of lighting... for the sake of art I lke how the moonlight frames the focus

When you're introducing a new functinality to Daz Studio,  sometimes a picture or series of pictures is worth a thousand words,  and that's the case with today's promos for SimTenero's Shape Reprojection promos.  Take this,  and add that,  and it equals a new morph,  no verbal translation required it's all told through images.  Functional promo well delivered. 

And Virtual World's new Snowflake is simply ...

BlackTalon made a nice bit of promo art for DarkEdge's Hangar

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

I can't resist praising a product that features a rubber duck in several of its promos! RawArt's Crawk for G3M.

It's a hobbit in the shire.  First breakfast,  second breakfast...

Esha's new posable trees in action.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited July 2016

I really like the main promo from Hinky Punk's new character, really draws you in - http://www.daz3d.com/hp-yuyu-for-aiko-7

Post edited by Chohole on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I have to say, this is one of my favorite threads! It's great to see the community taking notice of the work the PAs put into the promo images. I sometimes come across a product who's promo images are so beautiful it makes me just pause and go WOW! I need to start remembering to post them here. :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited August 2016

Found this in one of the bundles I scooped up today for a V4 Outfit. Thought it was really cool.

justiciar-3.jpg
    500 x 650 - 100K
    angeluz-fantasy-armor-3.jpg
    500 x 650 - 86K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Anything get that gets a viewer to perk up and take notice is a promo well done,  now this technically is a banner at the top of the sale page,  but its still provides promotion for today's new releases  including SimTeneros new voxelizer plugin.  Now pretty darn cool visual variety here.  Minecraft anyone?

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

That left camouflage guy hurts the eyes thoughcheeky

Howie Farkes has been making wonderfully rich and vibrant exterior scenes for Carrara for years,  but now he has brought that brilliance to Daz Studio.  The Harpwood Trail promos are simple stunning,  in the detail and complexity.  

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Howie Farkes has been making wonderfully rich and vibrant exterior scenes for Carrara for years,  but now he has brought that brilliance to Daz Studio.  The Harpwood Trail promos are simple stunning,  in the detail and complexity.  

Those woods are so life-like! Brilliant! 

Andrej Pestraykov's new stairs set has some nice promos today,  very realistic nature.  Would have been fun to see some armored warriors battling on them . 

Another one of those functional promos today that show with pictures a thousand words of explanation,  Howie Farkes Ultra Scatter in action.  Just have a repel and attraction fuction and elevation control is a major feature with this script. 

Winter is coming.