Superheroes Rebooted - Ready to Rrrrrender?

Comments

• Mostly_NobodyMostly_Nobody Posts: 56
    edited January 2016

Spent the better half of yesterday working on my Lady Death render. Here's the updated version.

Lady Death update2.jpg
    850 x 1289 - 757K
    Post edited by Mostly_Nobody on
    edited January 2016

Can't have one without the other, I suppose.

ee-wip.png
    621 x 692 - 452K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Evil Ernie? 

• Bingo! wink

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Never read the comic but his covers always stood out!  lol

edited January 2016

Is there a character morph out there for M4 that when coupled with M4 skeleton gives the appearance of missing skin and flesh with bones showing? Obviously, I can simply hide the surfaces of my M4 model where I want the bones to be visible, but I was hoping there would be a way to fill in the void the missing mesh leaves. I have been told I can achieve this using D-Formers, but was wondering if there was an easier solution?

ee-hand.png
    657 x 785 - 158K
  • NoName99NoName99 Posts: 322
    edited January 2016

Is there a character morph out there for M4 that when coupled with M4 skeleton gives the appearance of missing skin and flesh with bones showing? Obviously, I can simply hide the surfaces of my M4 model where I want the bones to be visible, but I was hoping there would be a way to fill in the void the missing mesh leaves. I have been told I can achieve this using D-Formers, but was wondering if there was an easier solution?

I've looked for this myself, and the closest I've been able to find is some of the zombie-type textures and morphs. 

Check out "Ripped for M4" by mutatedbanshee at Runtime DNA. It has a huge open chest wound. 

Other than that, I used a combination of photoshopping blood onto existing skin textures, trying different bumb/displacement maps, and hiding body parts the way you suggested. 

Post edited by NoName99 on
    edited January 2016

Here's the wrist of my character after playing around with D-Formers for about 20 minutes.

EvilErnie D-Former.png
    900 x 400 - 268K

Here's the wrist of my character after playing around with D-Formers for about 20 minutes.

Looks good, nice job.   Did you try throwing some blood or gore using PS/Gimp on the texture?  It might look cool.

edited January 2016

I'm actually horrible at texturing in photoshop. I can never line the seams up properly.

Here's what I have so far.

EvilErnie.png
    850 x 1289 - 2M
  • grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

Got Playing around, started repainting the Sci-Fi lab to give it a more 1940's look. Red Skull morph by Joe Quick

That is awesome!

• Anyone been successful at creating a Witchblade outfit?

Got Playing around, started repainting the Sci-Fi lab to give it a more 1940's look. Red Skull morph by Joe Quick

This was really creative, nice work!

I'm actually horrible at texturing in photoshop. I can never line the seams up properly.

Here's what I have so far.

That's looking pretty good. 

• unzippedunzipped Posts: 2
    edited February 2016

A pair of She Hulk renders, one vanity shot, one action shot. Go to my gallery here for full sized copies.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/106301

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/106302

Post edited by unzipped on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440
    edited February 2016

Little OT... but I used to have a Shazam/Captain Marvel outfit... I think it was for M2, but might have been M3.  Anyone remember this and know where I might be able to track it down again? Or anyone know of anyone who has done a modern version? I'd love to have the whole thing, but... a dynamic or static CM cape would be super all by itself.

And I seem to remember that royloo had done a tremendous Doctor Strange...that ring any bells with anyone?

Post edited by evilded777 on

• Anyone working on recreating the Civil War Spider-Man suit yet?

• I've seen some fantastic work here. I fiddle with super hero renders once and awhile, but I'm still an amateur after 15 years.

• Finally decided to share some of my work here, with the community.

They were all really good, but I particularly liked the Black Canary and Spidey/Venom battle. 

• Here are two renders I created for a superhero RPG book called Powers Beyond. These particular illustrations were supposed to be very "old school."

Dethmetyl_1000px.jpg
    1000 x 1446 - 739K
    Gamma_Girl2_1000px.jpg
    1000 x 624 - 356K
  • In case anyone hasn't seen yet, MightyMite has been busy over at Renderosity with a bunch of hero poses (https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?uid=638475). He has them grouped by theme and character type, and there are a lot to choose from. I've chatted briefly with him and he has plans for lots more pose sets. Definitely worth taking a look!

I have those on my Wishlist, and will be grabbing some if/when they go on sale. If you chat with him again, mention that some mixed male/female fight sets would be well received. I know right now you can mix-n-match, but a few sets of that type would be well received.

• hiram67bhiram67b Posts: 16

My version of the Spiderman costume Civil war. It is a 2nd skin for M4. It can be downloaded for free here http://hiram67.deviantart.com/gallery/39703414/Poser-risorse

spiderman_civil_war_movie_2nd_skin_text_4_m4_by_hiram67-d9uu6ez.jpg
    958 x 834 - 103K
  • FikachuFikachu Posts: 9
    edited March 2016

I stayed up from yesterday to next morning, finally making this model of Captain Commando (Capcom’s original mascot) in the Daz Studio application. Other than the arm sheaths being somewhat inconsistent in alignment, there’s not much for me to lament and it’s an honor to to say making this model took me months.

I stayed up from yesterday to next morning, finally making this model of Captain Commando (Capcom’s original mascot) in the Daz Studio application. Other than the arm sheaths being somewhat inconsistent in alignment, there’s not much for me to lament and it’s an honor to to say making this model took me months.

On another note, I accidentally doubleposted below and would appreciate the doublepost to be deleted.

Post edited by Fikachu on
  • FikachuFikachu Posts: 9
    edited March 2016
    Fikachu said:

Post edited by Fikachu on
  • hiram67b said:

My version of the Spiderman costume Civil war. It is a 2nd skin for M4. It can be downloaded for free here http://hiram67.deviantart.com/gallery/39703414/Poser-risorse

Very cool work! And I'll download the outfit later and play around with it. Thanks!

• ronknightsronknights Posts: 17
    edited March 2016

I've been fiddling with 3D Art for 16 years. I still feel like a beginner. I'm just starting to learn how to use the Genesis SuperSuit. This is my first silly attempt at using a Captain America texture on David 5. Sorry I forget who made the textures.

CapDavid02.png
    1168 x 724 - 340K
    Post edited by ronknights on
  • hiram67bhiram67b Posts: 16
    hiram67b said:

Very cool work! And I'll download the outfit later and play around with it. Thanks!

thanks for the comment. This is the new version of the texture

spiderman_civil_war_suit_2nd_skin_textures_for_m4_by_hiram67-d9vgy02.jpg
    958 x 834 - 98K

Note is says: Homage, its not supposed to be Shang Chi... just an interpretation.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    edited March 2016

After seeing Batman v Superman I have been on a Wonder Woman rendering kick

wwarmour.jpg
    1519 x 861 - 2M
    Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.