Ultimate Pose Mixer [Commercial]

V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049

Ultimate Pose Mixer is now available : https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-pose-mixer

Ultimate Pose Mixer is a set of tools which will allow you to apply any Pose Preset (any pose) ONLY on the parts of the figure you want. This way it becomes very easy to mix the various poses you have, using one for the lower body, another one for the head and the neck, other ones for the right - or left - arm - or hand, etc, etc, etc. Briefly speaking, all the pose presets you will use will behave as partial pose presets on the exact parts of the body you defined for your figure (don't worry, one click and you can reset the standard "full pose" behavior).

For any figure, human, animal, robots, creature, Ultimate Pose Mixer will allow you to define fast and easily which body part you want to be posed, and which body part you don't want to be posed. Once done, you can apply ANY AND AS MANY Pose Preset you own directly from the content library or the smart content, until you're happy, and only the parts you wanted will be posed. And when this is done, you can define on your figure new areas which can be posed, and new areas which cannot, and go on with building your pose if necessary.

The possibilities to combine the various pose presets you own are endless, because the possibilities to define which body part you want to be posed are endless too. In the choice of the parts which can be posed or not, you are not limited to defined body areas. Of course in order to be efficient, you will find presets for most common human body areas of any generation (lower body, upper body, head and neck, left - and right - arm, leg, foot, hand). BUT you can define, for any rigged creature (including of course human),  much more precise body areas (down to one or several bones) clicking on only two scripts in general. You can decide for instance to pose "only one finger", or "only two fingers and one feet and the neck", or "only one arm and one leg". But this is just examples, as I wrote it, the possibilities are endless.

Everything was thought for a maximum of efficiency. Of course you can simply click on the scripts from the content library (smart content) but an special script has been included so that you can access all the essential scripts from a "V3Digtimes" folder which will place in the "Top Menu" of Daz Studio Interface. You're free to install it or not of course, but accessing all this directly from the Menu is a really cool feature. FOR NOW this installation of all the scripts in the top menu is possible only with DIM or Manual install. If you are using Daz Connect, a patch has been written and is available at the end of this post (until the product is update), as well as in the update of the product which was submitted the 22nd of June. This patch will work for Daz Studio versions above 4.9.0.51 for now.

Also included in the product, you will find :

- a documentation (don't worry it is VERY intuitive and easy to use but providing a documentation is a matter of respect) accessible in the ReadMe folder and also using a shortcut from the content library,

- and two scripts (pose converter you can apply directly on the figure) so that you can correct the pose of a Genesis 3 figure using a Genesis 8 pose or of a Genesis 8 figure using a Genesis 3 pose.

Please use this thread for any comment, feedback questions you might have :)

dse
dse
UPM !!Install Pose Mixer In Menu Daz Connect PATCH.dse
Post edited by V3Digitimes on

Comments

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,986

You kill me cheeky

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049

Lol thanks Muscleman!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Looks yummy!  

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

This looks good, and I like the extreme level of specificity, but what's going to make or break it is for me is the speed of  the interface design and how cross compatible it is across figures, as I already have Pose Master, Pose Blender and Bone Doctor.  As a perfect example, I was looking at the poses for the new DOG 8 and wishing I could use some of the old MIl Dog poses.  Right now it seems like PoseBlender is the best choice for that, but if UPM had the ability to quickly add an intermediate conversion scripts for MIl Dog to Dog 8, Big cat to Big Cat 2, and between the three dragons, it would be a much stronger candidate for my tool box.   

RAMWolff said:

Looks yummy!  

Thanks.. and I learnt a new word :)

Cybersox said:

This looks good, and I like the extreme level of specificity, but what's going to make or break it is for me is the speed of  the interface design and how cross compatible it is across figures, as I already have Pose Master, Pose Blender and Bone Doctor.  As a perfect example, I was looking at the poses for the new DOG 8 and wishing I could use some of the old MIl Dog poses.  Right now it seems like PoseBlender is the best choice for that, but if UPM had the ability to quickly add an intermediate conversion scripts for MIl Dog to Dog 8, Big cat to Big Cat 2, and between the three dragons, it would be a much stronger candidate for my tool box.   

For the "interface design" this is very easy. You can work with or without a main interface script. You will have (normally) a video so that you can see how fast it is, even (especially) when working without the main interface, and only with the basic scripts. Personally now I always work without the interface and I only use the menu shortcuts to the basic scripts (which can be installed and organized in the top menu using the menu installer script to gain a maximum of time). But I kept a synthetic main interface script in the product anyway because I thought some users might prefer it.

The whole product has been conceived to be very fast and efficient to use. One or two clicks in general to define which body parts will be posed and test as many pose presets as you want. Then if you want to partial pose another body part, two new clicks and then test as many pose presets as you want again. 

Concerning cross generation: I have not tried to apply dog 2 poses on dog 8 or big cat to big cat 2 (since I mainly work with smart content and default compatibilities), and there are no cross generation conversion scripts, except the genesis 3-8 ones (corrections applied directly in the scene on the posed figures not to the pose fîles themselves, and of course directly available from the top menu). Now if enough people ask for dog 2 to dog 8 or stuff like that conversion, I guess I could have a look at it... I did not see it as a strong need when developing this project and I have no idea how complex it is to make for these animals.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited June 2018

Oh oh oh!! :) Will watch for it.

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
    AllenArt said:

Oh oh oh!! :) Will watch for it.

Laurie

Coming sooooooooooooooon.... 

Thanks for the comment.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960

This looks great.  I wish there was something for converting animations to G8

This looks great.  I wish there was something for converting animations to G8

Thanks. Here the included scripts would convert the current frame when you apply it. The way to have an animation converted would be either to manually apply the conversion script for each frame (maybe reframe before), or that I create a script which applies the conversion script for a given range of frames. I have never scripted with frames and timelines, this is why I have no idea how long it would take to do so. 

Released today, you can find it here : https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-pose-mixer

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,757

Great, just great. Now I gotta be that first guy with a problem.

a) This product is the ultimate and instead of killing sales of other products, it will be a blessing, allowing us tio mix and match better across packages. I have some weird ones that come all together and do not break down. It'll be nice to be able to use them now. Thanks for this.

Small issue. When I select the Menu item V3Digitimes it opens up to POSER MIXER then LOCK > and UNLOCK> but there is nothing in those menus.

Is that right? I installed using the Daz/Studio installer, native to the studio interface.

edited June 2018

Great, just great. Now I gotta be that first guy with a problem.

a) This product is the ultimate and instead of killing sales of other products, it will be a blessing, allowing us tio mix and match better across packages. I have some weird ones that come all together and do not break down. It'll be nice to be able to use them now. Thanks for this.

Small issue. When I select the Menu item V3Digitimes it opens up to POSER MIXER then LOCK > and UNLOCK> but there is nothing in those menus.

Is that right? I installed using the Daz/Studio installer, native to the studio interface.

Hello,

thanks for your nice comment. Thanks also about letting me know about the issue. When the product was created and tested, in the lock and unlock, normally you see plenty of areas to be locked or unlocked in those lock and unlock menu, whatever the way you installed the product. BUT what happened is that some of the files were renamed in order to be gathered in the smart content. Normally everything has been updated to take the name change into account, and retested both my me and by Daz. I'm gonna uninstall and reinstall the commercial version on my computer to see if I have the same issue. If yes, it should be patched very rapidely.

edit 1 : I installed the product using smart content, and when I launched "UPM !!!Install Pose Mixer In Menu" I have all the scripts in the lock and unlock categories. Please note that the product must be in a mapped content folder if you want the scripts to be added, because all the paths to the scripts to be installed in the menu are written "relative" to any mapped content folder. I'm gonna try now to install using DIM.

Now, you are right, there is a bug, I'm analyzing this right now. On my side it worked because I had residual development files. I post the patch here today before I make the update! Really sorry and confused about this.

edit 2 : the menu installer works with manual install, and with DIM install. I am analysing what I have to do to have it working with smart content...

edit 3 : if you make a DIM install PLUS a smart content install, the menu is properly created using the smart content menu installer. This is a matter of relative path issue in the smart content, I am going to have a look in this direction.

I AM SO GLAD. I have been using Daz for a year and a half now, maybe two years...not sure, but dang-it-all if there's still some basic stuff I never knew.

Happy that it's not me screwing up. lol

So far, so good. Brilliant.

I can't believe you figured out how to link to the PDF MANUAL in the product itself.

You created multiple ways to get to the scripts, for those of us who work in different ways....

You seem to have thought of everything. 
    OH AND.....you made a tutorial video too.......

I mean, it's like you checked the forums, read all the complaints about many products and instead of making excuses, you just delivered it all.

Even your preset icons...

IT'S BRIGHT RED for lock and GREEN with an easy to see chart. Wow.

I can't wait to see what you do next.

Bless you. Ble$$ you.

I AM SO GLAD. I have been using Daz for a year and a half now, maybe two years...not sure, but dang-it-all if there's still some basic stuff I never knew.

Happy that it's not me screwing up. lol

So far, so good. Brilliant.

I can't believe you figured out how to link to the PDF MANUAL in the product itself.

You created multiple ways to get to the scripts, for those of us who work in different ways....

You seem to have thought of everything. 
    OH AND.....you made a tutorial video too.......

I mean, it's like you checked the forums, read all the complaints about many products and instead of making excuses, you just delivered it all.

Even your preset icons...

IT'S BRIGHT RED for lock and GREEN with an easy to see chart. Wow.

I can't wait to see what you do next.

Bless you. Ble$$ you.

Lol! Thank you so much for your so nice comment! For now it seems that the menu installer has an issue if you installed the product with smart content. I'm working actively to create a patch for that. Sorry about it, it is the first time I'm making a menu installer, and I could not guess what would happen with smart content.. working working, should be patched rapidely. All the other scripts I tested work as a charm, only the menu installer seems to have an issue.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,817

So, does it work with DIM or not at all?

edited June 2018
    Artini said:

So, does it work with DIM or not at all?

Yes, it perfectly works DIM and manual install. For now I'm solving the issue of Smart Content (edit I mean Daz Connect Install). All the scripts also works in Smart Content  (Daz Connect) EXCEPT the Top Menu installer.

Good news, it seems that I managed to make a patch for the script which will install and organize all the shortcuts to the other scripts in the Top Menu for people using Daz Connect version of the product. I have to test it a bit more, but if it works fine at home, I will be able to upload it here so that you can benefit the Top Menu Shortcuts too if you are using Daz Connect (smart content). At the end, there will probably be two menu installers, the classical one, and one for Daz Connect.

Other solution in the meantime, while I test the patch, is to install also with DIM, then the Top Menu shortcuts will be created using DIM files even if you are using the Daz Connect version.

edited June 2018

Hello, I finally tested the patch of the "Top Menu Installer" on my other computer (to be sure to get rid off residual dev files), and I post it here, you can also find it in the first post of this thread. It is necessary only for the people who want to install all the scripts as shortcuts in the Daz Studio top menu and who have installed the product using Daz Connect. All the other scripts work with Daz Connect. This patch will be included in the update, as soon as the documentation is updated too. I try to submit the update today.

If you want to use this patch, you simply have to download this file, and either drag and drop it in Daz Studio viewport, or you place it in a mapped content folder and double click on it from the content library.

dse
    dse
    UPM !!Install Pose Mixer In Menu Daz Connect PATCH.dse
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Just wanted to say congratulations and as usual, you go above and beyond in explaining your product and being buyer-oriented in your approach to selling. I'm always delighted with your products and bought this within minutes of its release. KUDOS! 
    Cathie 

edited June 2018
    Novica said:

Just wanted to say congratulations and as usual, you go above and beyond in explaining your product and being buyer-oriented in your approach to selling. I'm always delighted with your products and bought this within minutes of its release. KUDOS! 
    Cathie 

Thank you so much Cathie! I'm glad that some people, like you do, see how much efforts I make so that all the users are really happy with what I create for them! You will see, this one is very funny, easy to use (lock what you don't want to be posed, and/or unlock what you want to be posed) and extremely fast to use, especially if you use it from the Top Menu (this is why it is so important to have the Daz Connect Top Menu installer updated fast). You can see it in the video here : 

I would say the only drawback of this project is that I tend to become lazy..  Before that, when I wanted to adjust a pose, I often did it manually, now I just lock all and unlock the part I want to re-pose, and click frenetically on all my pose presets until I find one I like... Laaaazy, I tell you!!! 

Otherwise has anybody used the patch I joined to the top post? Just to confirm this is fine for everybody?

I did the drag and drop method and all is fine.

You the bess.

I did the drag and drop method and all is fine.

You the bess.

Great!! Thank you so much!!!!!! I tested it on several DS versions and computers, but I feel better to know it works for you too!

This patch will be the menu installer called "UPM !!Install Pose Mixer In Menu Daz Connect" in the product update I just submitted.

And people using DIM and manual install will have their : "UPM !!Install Pose Mixer In Menu DIM" version, I did not manage to have both scripts in one.

Icons (thumbs, tips) were also completed with "Daz Connect", and "DIM/Manual" texts to minimze the confusion. And the documentation was updated too. I'm really so glad it worked, when I tried to solve this today, I was really not proud in front of my computer and it took a while to find a solution.

This is the good news of the day !

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Bought.. thanks so much!  :-) 

RAMWolff said:

Bought.. thanks so much!  :-) 

Thank YOU! Feel free to give any feedback, I always appreciate that to improve my work!

And... If you are using Daz Connect install, don't forget to use the script you can find in the first post of this thread so that all the scripts shortcuts install correctly to the top Menu. The update is submitted but it is not the right day of the week to have it fast online..

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Snagged! :)

Laurie

AllenArt said:

Snagged! :)

Laurie

:)

• RainRain Posts: 335
    edited June 2018

A definite purchase for me.  

Bought it, watched the video.  Excellent!

Post edited by Rain on
    spuffy said:

A definite purchase for me.  

Bought it, watched the video.  Excellent!

That's really nice from you! Thanks for the comment :). And remember that as long as the update is not released you have to use the dse patch file I share in this thread if you used a daz connect install and you want to install the shortcuts to the scripts in the top menu (only for Daz Connect installation otherwise the script in the product is fine). The update has been tested so it should not be long.
  • RainRain Posts: 335
    edited June 2018
    spuffy said:

That's really nice from you! Thanks for the comment :). And remember that as long as the update is not released you have to use the dse patch file I share in this thread if you used a daz connect install and you want to install the shortcuts to the scripts in the top menu (only for Daz Connect installation otherwise the script in the product is fine). The update has been tested so it should not be long.

I'll have to wait for the update.  Although I did a manual install, I'm getting the empty folders.  I downloaded the patch but I have no idea where to put it.  I read the instructions but it's all gobbledegook to me.  

Post edited by Rain on
    edited June 2018
    spuffy said:
    spuffy said:

I'll have to wait for the update.  Although I did a manual install, I'm getting the empty folders.  I downloaded the patch but I have no idea where to put it.  I read the instructions but it's all gobbledegook to me.  

For the manual install, you don't have to wait for the update. What you have to do is to place the folders "Scripts" and "data" DIRECTLY at the root of a mapped content folder, they must not remain under the "content" Folder you have in the zip. In brief you unzip, select folders script and data, and place them directly in one of your mapped content folder.

Let me know if you had my message or I will have to PM you :)

As soon as the update is live I will make a video showing the ways to have the clean and correct menus with each installation method (manual,  Dim, connect), and post the link here.