Sudden change to my Daz Studio 4 Pro

UberPixieUberPixie Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Anyone else have their DS 4 pro suddenly change itself? It was fine earlier in the day and I didn't change any of my preferences, but now at the top of the window, where it says File, Window, ect.. it change the order those are in and I can no longer send anything to Hexagon, only to Bryce. also when I click on File, it no longer allows me to import or export anything. Those options are not listed at all.

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I had a look and mine is fine as it was when I last used it a few days ago.

What OS are you using?
    If Windows have you had some updates installed in that time frame.
    Does it still show as Pro and not Standard? (though I doubt this is the issue)
    Have you tried to reinstall Daz Studio?

I am only guessing here as I haven't come across this one yet. I would wager someone will be able to help better than I.

• UberPixieUberPixie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm using Windows 7 and, as my comp informs when it's updating, there haven't been any updates to it- This all just happened yesterday afternoon btw. It still shows as Pro, not as Standard, and yes I reinstalled Daz Studio. It didn;t do any good though, just checked it this morning and it's still messed up. Also I checked my plug-ins and DS says they are all working fine.

edited December 1969

Ok, just tried something and it fixed the problem. Maybe gremlins got into it or something but I went to the Windows area and to my layout and changed it, now it's back to where it was before. But I didn't change my layout yesterday, I have the layout I want and I like it so I just leave it there. well like I said, maybe gremlins got it. LOL

edited December 1969

Thank you for reporting back with the solution. I must remember this for the future.

If you think it might happen again and you forget what the layout is then you can save the Layout and Style, giving it a name you will remember. F4 to save the Layout and Window > Style > Save Style as...

edited December 1969

Thanks for the info, and yeah, I'll remember this in case it happens again. personally I'm blaming my cat for it.:-)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A HU. I have had my Layout autochange in the Past. It happened after a large scene file save. I think it had something to do with saving and checking all the Data files. Like you I just reset my layout.

edited December 1969

Thx Jaderail for the additional useful info. It has never happened to me so this is new to me so again thank you for sharing. :)