Gregoria hair DAZ metadata file constantly deleted by Nortons

JeadorJeador Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Norton's constantly deletes Gregorian hair DS 14556_GregoriaHairGenesisMetaData_1.0_ds.exe because it detects a threat named WS.Reputation 1. Anyone else having this problem? I could turn off Nortons but want to know if it really is a problem or not?

Nortons:

Risk Impact: High
Systems Affected: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000

Behavior
WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories.

Comments

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Turn it off. It puts up that flag because not enough people have downloaded the file.

BAD NORTON, BAD!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Norton is getting False Positives on lots of the installers now. I just disable mine untill after install. Then I will run a scan and no false postives pop up.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

WS.Reputation.1 just means that not many people using Norton have downloaded the file -- it's a chronic problem with Norton in a small market like this one.

• JeadorJeador Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks all. I'll switch off Nortons.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,818
    edited December 1969

Is the file not listed in your Quarantined items? I have Norton and haven't seen this yet, but most of the things it does remove can be recovered from Quarantine - in NIS 2012 open the control screen, click Advanced, under Computer Protection click Quarantine, highlight the item in the list, click Restore and options in the panel at top-right, and click the Restore & exclude this file button. You can also turn off the reputation scan without having to disable the rest of Norton, if you wish.