Question on magnets

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I have bought a morph kit for v4 once, it is called v4bend and with these add on morphs you can make the bum of your v4 character more realistic if you bend the thighs of v4, so far so good.

here is a question. this v4bend has no magnets for clothes so it works not in every situation, with a g-string on you can use these morphs but with jeans on it is not possible without getting the bum through the jeans :)

so is there a possibillity to app or create magnets for this morph kit for clothes like jeans?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,855
    edited December 1969

In DAZ Studio, unless you have switched it off in preferences, Auto magnetise should make magnets on the figure affect all fitted clothing.

• wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited December 1969

I'm guessing you're using one of the morph based joint fixes available. That's the trouble with morph based fixes, conforming clothing needs morph adjustment to accomodate the new shapes/bends.

You can make conforming clothing fit by either adding d-form/magnets on the clothing, or make a morph via a modeler for the clothing.

You might want to take a look at Beautiful Bends V4, which uses magnets instead of morphs to address joint problems.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

wowie said:
    I'm guessing you're using one of the morph based joint fixes available. That's the trouble with morph based fixes, conforming clothing needs morph adjustment to accomodate the new shapes/bends.

You can make conforming clothing fit by either adding d-form/magnets on the clothing, or make a morph via a modeler for the clothing.

You might want to take a look at Beautiful Bends V4, which uses magnets instead of morphs to address joint problems.

where can I find "Beautiful Bends V4"?

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

In DAZ Studio, unless you have switched it off in preferences, Auto magnetise should make magnets on the figure affect all fitted clothing.

hmm, I don`t know if this works, these 5 morphs are injection morphs at community channels, have tried some things with adding magnets but it doesn`t work :red: maybe I am just to stupid for that :)

edited December 1969

You can find it here actually. Here's the link - http://www.daz3d.com/shop/beautiful-bends-v4/
    I made them, so if you have questions, you can send them via pm if you like.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

...I have a question. The way I read it from the description, Beautiful Bends is not so much an add on fix (like the V4 Pretty..." ones available at Rendo) but a fully loadable version of the V4 figure with joint fixes integrated. This makes me wonder how well it works with other third party character morphs like those by Thorne/Sarsa or morph expansions like the Morphs++ and Steph4 NPMs.

edited December 1969

Yes, you're right.

The fixes are made for the general shape of V4, so I can't claim 100% compatibility with all the morphs available for V4. I found the most problematic FBMs are Morphs++ Emaciated and S4 Madeline. Some PBMs like Shoulder Thickness and Pregnant also don't look too good when you move related joints (shoulders and chest). But I do think that's also applicable to the others outside of Genesis.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

...thank you. That will be taken into consideration.

However BB is otherwise compatible with Steph4.