Confusion about new Blood Queen outfit. For instance, what is it? And why?

2»

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    Thanks for posting that image.

I think I will buy it too although it is a pity that the promo image textures don't match what you get 'out of the box'.

There actually isn't anything wrong with the textures. I, however, apparently suck at aiming a specular distant with a null. Once I removed the target null and aimed it with good 'ol y-rotate, it's good.

V5_Blood_Queen_specular.jpg
    500 x 1000 - 276K
    edited December 1969

Autofits very well to G2F. Used full body preset on everything except the choker and boots.. the choker I used none, and boots I used footwear.

G2F_Blood_Queen.jpg
    500 x 1000 - 296K
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,319
    edited December 1969

Nice render. Really, some clothes look better when they are autofitted, it's the same with V4 to Genesis 1.

Another odd thing is this new Connie V6 character: A figure with a neck so absurdely thin that it looks as if the head could drop down at every movement. What is it made for - gnomes or 'real' women?

edited December 1969

polka dot said:
    Nice render. Really, some clothes look better when they are autofitted, it's the same with V4 to Genesis 1.

Another odd thing is this new Connie V6 character: A figure with a neck so absurdely thin that it looks as if the head could drop down at every movement. What is it made for - gnomes or 'real' women?

Thanks.

I was curious about Connie as well. I'm waiting to see if anybody will produce some full shots of her since the promos have only head, or only torso. Granted, I don't even have V6, and haven't even put anything into G2F unless it was a 2 for 1 deal (for instance, I bought Deeta hair which came w/ both Genesis and G2F versions).

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,319
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    polka dot said:

Thanks.

I was curious about Connie as well. I'm waiting to see if anybody will produce some full shots of her since the promos have only head, or only torso. Granted, I don't even have V6, and haven't even put anything into G2F unless it was a 2 for 1 deal (for instance, I bought Deeta hair which came w/ both Genesis and G2F versions). I bought 'Harlow Hair' 2 from the April YSH offers, which also has both versions. It's a good idea to provide models for Genesis 1 and 2.

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

I like it. I can imagine a good number of instances where this outfit would work quite nicely in a technological sci-fi settings, though it might need some texture work. I dig boots, heels or not - most have a sexy and fitting place. Think I'll hold off though.

• gabugabu Posts: 303
    edited December 1969

here is a quick test using CitizenX and metal shaders

g42-1g.jpg
    772 x 1000 - 57K
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Anything that is a little bit different will ALWAYS catch my eye, and I had this ready to go into my cart...until I saw the bit about the loincloth rigged to follow the legs. I loathe that. I refuse to buy anything that has a loin cloth or skirt rigged to follow the legs as it really makes it a tad difficult to try and get some nice movements on it. As soon as you have the figure standing with legs apart or something that isn't with both feet on teh floor and standing straight, the damn loin/skirt stretches out something shocking.

Otherwise I would have snapped this up cos it's just so INTERESTING.

The loincloths are rigged to follow the legs, unfortunately, and the corset tends to stick out a good distance past the suit around the breasts. There are morphs to fix the former, but the loincloths don't have much movements beyond some swaying. The sleeve styling morphs are nice and varied.

The shaders don't load anything like the promos. I eventually wound up using my own. The suit for one came out very light and glowy, like it had ambient or reflection set, and I couldn't figure out how to disable it. Even killing the diffuse and specular left some behind, and I got rather bored with investigating.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited July 2013

I rather like the dress. Yes it defies gravity, but considering I've played dozens of Final Fantasy games where designs were really crazy, I'd say this is pretty tame in comparison. Rikku's 'thief' outfit in Final Fantasy X-2 still makes me uncomfortable to this day...

As for the schoolgirl outfit, I don't really think the promo's are too racy. I've seen worse than that dozens of times over, and it's not as if they used a young girl as the model, so it's clearly not intended to be an 'actual' schoolgirl. Young women in bikini's doesn't seem to phase anyone, so I'm not sure why the promos here would make someone uncomfortable..

Everyone is different. The one in particular I was thinking of that bothers me is the one by the same PA with the fishnet top... er... sexy schoolgirl. This is used in a lot of promo material and is impossible to avoid. To me, sexualizing uniforms intended for young people creeps me out.

I think Connie's skin is quite nice, particularly the eyes, but I do not find her body shape to my taste.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Anything that is a little bit different will ALWAYS catch my eye, and I had this ready to go into my cart...until I saw the bit about the loincloth rigged to follow the legs. I loathe that. I refuse to buy anything that has a loin cloth or skirt rigged to follow the legs as it really makes it a tad difficult to try and get some nice movements on it. As soon as you have the figure standing with legs apart or something that isn't with both feet on teh floor and standing straight, the damn loin/skirt stretches out something shocking.

Same here. Separate rigging or even just morphs alone are always better for skirts than rigging them to match the legs. If it's a loincloth it's even worse - at least with a skirt spreading the legs apart really will move the cloth; it just looks ridiculous when it's hanging. :lol:

There are morphs to smooth out the issues, but imperfectly and there isn't much room for movement anymore.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    luxgabu said:

I think I will buy it too although it is a pity that the promo image textures don't match what you get 'out of the box'.

There actually isn't anything wrong with the textures. I, however, apparently suck at aiming a specular distant with a null. Once I removed the target null and aimed it with good 'ol y-rotate, it's good.
    Thats odd. They look perfect on your system. With mine the white suit shader was like a weird glowy mother-of-pearl. I wonder if something just loaded funny or my preset was corrupted.

Nice render.

edited July 2013

jakiblue said:

Otherwise I would have snapped this up cos it's just so INTERESTING.

The loincloths are rigged to follow the legs, unfortunately, and the corset tends to stick out a good distance past the suit around the breasts. There are morphs to fix the former, but the loincloths don't have much movements beyond some swaying. The sleeve styling morphs are nice and varied.

The shaders don't load anything like the promos. I eventually wound up using my own. The suit for one came out very light and glowy, like it had ambient or reflection set, and I couldn't figure out how to disable it. Even killing the diffuse and specular left some behind, and I got rather bored with investigating.

This is a screenshot of all of the morphs. ARMOR is the actual skirt portion, BACK is the back of the loin cloth, and FRONT is the front of the loin cloth.

Yes, the loin cloth is rigged to the legs, which produces some not so fun results for poses in which the legs are not relatively straight. The loin would've done better with handles.

Blood_Queen_Skirt_Morphs.jpg
    942 x 1050 - 451K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    luxgabu said:

Thats odd. They look perfect on your system. With mine the white suit shader was like a weird glowy mother-of-pearl. I wonder if something just loaded funny or my preset was corrupted.

Nice render.

Thanks. If you're still having the issue, we can probably get it sorted if you're up to posting a render. =P

edited December 1969

So here is an example of using it. Probably not quite what the PA had in mind.

I am getting excessive shinyness on the left skirt but not enough to make me pull my hair out over it.

g41b-5c.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 149K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    So here is an example of using it. Probably not quite what the PA had in mind.

I am getting excessive shinyness on the left skirt but not enough to make me pull my hair out over it.

Great render luxgabu! Like it!

• ShiftingImagesShiftingImages Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Let me borrow some words of wisdom to unravel the confusion:
    "This menstruating heir is certainly an eye catching wonder"
    Should have placed that under product description :/

Design-wise, I cant comment further than the creativity poured into the speculation over the origin of the anti-gravity loin cloth bearer. But I may be able to address the material issue. Afterall, the production of silk is no longer a zealously guarded secret and steel was discovered in 1400 B.C (yes, that's steel).

My scene setup is really quite simple as you can see below. Two Spotlights and a "Candlelight" UberEnvironment. I've used this setup for most of my 3d renders that are dedicated to material exploration =P

If you wish, you may download the light and camera files here: http://www.sharecg.com/v/70352/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Shifting-Images-Free-Stuff-Soft-Simple-Light and get the exact same render as the sample image below. Absolutely no postwork =P

I also uploaded the mountain scene in my promotional renders which can be found here:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/70351/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Shifting-Images-Free-Stuff-Mountain-Scene

Free to use in your personal and commercial projects. I hope you find them both useful.

Thank you all for renders, the laugh and the critique.

Cheerios!

SI_Mountain_Scene.jpg
    1000 x 433 - 73K
    result1.jpg
    400 x 520 - 18K
    main_setup.JPG
    242 x 298 - 5K
    edited December 1969

Hey, thanks for responding here, and thanks for that scenery. =D

By chance is there a hidden setting somewhere that gets the skirt to stop following the legs?

I'm mainly trying to avoid things like this:

skirt_follow.jpg
    1920 x 1050 - 396K
  • martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

I rather like the dress. Yes it defies gravity, but considering I've played dozens of Final Fantasy games where designs were really crazy, I'd say this is pretty tame in comparison. Rikku's 'thief' outfit in Final Fantasy X-2 still makes me uncomfortable to this day...

I like very much this clothes, the first moment I will have dollars again I will buy it. Ideal for a Zero-G dancer in a Scifi story. I would like to have more exotic-crazy-creative-imaginative clothes in the store.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    here is a quick test using CitizenX and metal shaders

Wow!!

edited December 1969

Hi Vaskania

Yes, there is a way but it is not a hidden option . Its a simple work around ;)

First, the thigh portion of the skirt will have to remain as is. This is simply because of the limitations imposed by the design. If the thigh bone is omitted, the metal portion of the skirt will no longer conform to genesis. See image below for reference.

However, the shin portion of the skirt can still be tweaked so that it can be independent from the movement of the figure's legs.

I'll relay the steps as simple as possible for the benefit of everyone who has the same question in mind.

1. Head to Tools -> Joint Editor. This should reveal the "bones" of the skirt mesh. (refer to fig 2)

2. Now we are ready to delete some of the bones to alter the behavior of the skirt. On your Scene window, expand the skirt mesh. (refer to fig 2)

a. Select Right Front Control, right click on the main window. select Delete -> delete bone.

b. Do the same for the following bones in this order:

Right Back Control
    Right Shin

Left Front Control
    Left Back Control
    Left Shin

3. Now we are ready to save the altered skirt mesh. Go to File -> Save as -> Support asset Figure Prop Assets.

4. Pick a different file name. You may also copy the settings in fig 3 below.

5. Delete the skirt mesh and then reload it. The shin portion of the skirt should no longer follow the figure. (see fig 4)

It's not an all in, clean solution but it should temporarily solve the problem. Personally, I prefer a skirt that follows the movement of the figure's legs. It's much easier to animate. However, now that I see a demand for an alternate version of the skirt with separate movement handles, Ill update the product and provide an alternate skirt mesh that moves independently from the figure.. But we'll have to wait a bit ;)

Cheerios!

fig4.jpg
    694 x 993 - 22K
    fig3.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 105K
    fig2.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 98K
    fig1.jpg
    694 x 993 - 25K
    edited July 2013

Thank you (and thank you for considering an update!)!

For my own preference, the want for something like this comes down to wanting to pose the figure in say a 'floating' style (yet not with the legs completely straight), but for artistic reasons have the back of the skirt be able to float out rather high to the rear, and have the front do the same to the front (think of a massive umbrella around the legs lol).

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

However, now that I see a demand for an alternate version of the skirt with separate movement handles, Ill update the product and provide an alternate skirt mesh that moves independently from the figure.. But we'll have to wait a bit ;)

That would be fantastic, thanks!
    edited December 1969

Hi Everyone!

To those who are subscribed to this thread, just wanna let you know that an update for this product is about to be released.

I made the following modifications:

FIGURE: New Skirt Clothing Figure with separate handles as an alternative to the conforming skirt figure.
    MORPH: New Shape Morph for Stephanie 5 and renamed Morph for Victoria 5
    POSER compatible files: Material and Light settings are similar to the DAZ3d version as seen in the promotional images.

All free for those who have previously purchased BLOOD QUEEN

Here's an example of the new skirt figure and the unedited Poser render:

Thank you all!

Poser_-_white.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 357K
    C_bq_popup_8.jpg
    900 x 900 - 179K
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

your works are incredible. when You release new product,
    I must get them. because I understand your work quality clear.

today I find new up-date,, then I felt your product may need not any-update,
    (there is no problem , ) if there were some problem,,?

then checked what is up-date,,,

Wao,,,, you add new rigging skirt,,, with many ghost rigs,,

I have several seen product, which add new bone and up-date as free.@@;
    so that I felt Thank you much.

And I hope to report one thing.
    you need not to care at all,but I found when I use your product with Carrara
    there is some problem of Cararra.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28691/

Carrara seems need to rig from hip-node for clothings
    which poze with Actor figure.

that means, eg, your boots have no hip node.
    I understand clear, they need not.
    and remove these un-used bones keep clean node hieralchy.

But About Carrara,, if there is no hip node, (or mesh group,,
    sorry,, I can not check the detaill )
    the clothing seems not follow Actor poze well.

I do not think you need to up-date , but I hope if you make new clothings ,
    you may better to make node from hip ^ ^;

I do not think it is your product problem, (because,, daz do not say it to vendor,
    vendor may not need apply these un-used node (with no weight-map)
    in their product. I know some of vendor simply transfer allmost all node by TU
    template,not remove them.

but I afraid if Carrara user get your item try to use them in Carrara.

(And I really really recommend , your products,,,,)

So that I hope , when you release new product,
    even though about un-used node , you may better leave it off
    as transfer utility worked, (of course only about the node which need to keep hieralchy.
    not need plevis for glove. but may need hip>abdomen>abdomen2> chest >sholders
    (it is only about Carrara,,and I can not clearly checked all, still)

edited December 1969

Hey kitakoredaz,

I appreciate your taking the time to find a solution to this Carrara issue and post it for all of us to see.

Though I'm not a Carrara user, I will definitely keep in mind the prerequisites for Carrara figures for the benefit of those who use Carrara ;). From your post, it seems that all figures exported into Carrara would need a HIP bone/node in order to follow the figure correctly once posed.

Come to think of it, I suppose it would be great to get the user's opinion before all else.

On a personal note, I wish I had more time!!! Oh, soon I hope to have more time!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this with us.

Cheerios =P

edited December 1969

Hi Everyone!

To those who are subscribed to this thread, just wanna let you know that an update for this product is about to be released.

I made the following modifications:

FIGURE: New Skirt Clothing Figure with separate handles as an alternative to the conforming skirt figure.
    MORPH: New Shape Morph for Stephanie 5 and renamed Morph for Victoria 5
    POSER compatible files: Material and Light settings are similar to the DAZ3d version as seen in the promotional images.

All free for those who have previously purchased BLOOD QUEEN

Here's an example of the new skirt figure and the unedited Poser render:

Thank you all!

Was this update released? Do I get it by just redownloading from my product library? There is no indication in the name of the files that there is a new version.

edited December 1969

luxgabu said:
    Was this update released? Do I get it by just redownloading from my product library? There is no indication in the name of the files that there is a new version.

Yes it was. Just redownload the file from your product library or through DIM and you'll have a second skirt named Skirt with Handles. This will be the newer version with the updated rigging.
    edited December 1969

Doh! Obvious when I look at the old/new file sizes.

Thanks.

I think I have worked out how to work it - gives much more control over the shaping than previously.