Error Running DS4

edited June 2012 in New Users

I just installed the free DS4 I downloaded from here since march (the time DS4 is for free)

The installation is all fine except at the end part, there's an error appeared that DS4 encountered a problem, it told me to stop the installation and uninstall DS4. But then, the installation continued and it finished installing (This happened before but it backtracked the process and didn't finish the installation). It didn't say anything what and why's there an error.

I tried to run the DAZ Studio 4 but I got this error:
http://i.imgur.com/243aO.jpg
I'm missing that file. I don't know why.

Is there a way to make my DS4 run normally?

[EDIT] It seems that dll file isn't part of daz but something else, C++/Visual Basic thing I guess.
I tried uninstalling an reinstalling DS4 hoping that it'll fix by itself but still, there's an error before the installation ends, it says, something that an unrecoverable error has occurred. Something like that, I tried to print screen (pressed the button a lot) but my clipboard is empty, it seems that it didn't worked. DS4 still can't be run and the error says it's missing that DLL file.

Post edited by useless_1975_837db407db on

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Weiner said:
    I just installed the free DS4 I downloaded from here since march (the time DS4 is for free)

The installation is all fine except at the end part, there's an error appeared that DS4 encountered a problem, it told me to stop the installation and uninstall DS4. But then, the installation continued and it finished installing (This happened before but it backtracked the process and didn't finish the installation). It didn't say anything what and why's there an error.

[EDIT] It seems that dll file isn't part of daz but something else, C++/Visual Basic thing I guess.
    I tried uninstalling an reinstalling DS4 hoping that it'll fix by itself but still, there's an error before the installation ends, it says, something that an unrecoverable error has occurred. Something like that, I tried to print screen (pressed the button a lot) but my clipboard is empty, it seems that it didn't worked. DS4 still can't be run and the error says it's missing that DLL file.

get DS4.5 pro - still free

• edited June 2012

^
    Thanks. Gonna check it from the store.

If someone here knows how to fix the dll problem, please do leave a reply :)

Anyone knows the total file size of DAZStudio_4.5_Win32_Bundle.zip?
    I'm downloading it but the total file size is unknown. File size would help me determine if my dl is interrupted or something.

Post edited by useless_1975_837db407db on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Just be advised that if you use 4.5RC it will uninstall your 4.0 and plug-ins do not work in 4.5RC yet.

• edited December 1969

^
    It's OK. My 4.0 doesn't even start and I already uninstalled it. Also, I don't have a single plug-in.
    btw, how much in file size is 4.5RC?

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Weiner said:

Yes, you need to install the MSVC++ 2010 Redistributable package.

64bit Windows: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523
    32bit Windows: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328

• edited December 1969

^
    Thanks. I'll download them. :)

• edited December 1969

adamr001 said:

These links are for x86 and x64
    There's no x32 available D:

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited June 2012

Hi Weiner :)

x86 is 32 bit. ..there's no such thing as x32
    It's either 32 bit or 64 bit, depending on your processor and Operating system.

For Windows 7 (64bit) you can have both 64 bit native applications, and (older) 32-bit applications installed on your system.

These Older 32bit files are located in a folder called "Program Files (x86)" to signify the generation of processor.
    while Newer "native" (64-bit) applications are installed to "Program Files".

Hope it helps :)

Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • edited December 1969

Oh... sorry for the "X" I meant 32 bit. And I thought those are 64 and 86bit

I retried downloading and installing x86 but I get this error:

"Windows Installer version 3.1 or higher is required to perform this installation. Please visit http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=893803 to obtain the appropriate version of Windows Installer 3.1 for your system."

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

I guess you're running Windows XP or Vista.

You'll need to download the windows installer from Microsoft, and that should let you get the
    MS Visual C++ parts you need installed, so you can run Daz Studio.