DAZ Studio 4 Pro Presentation Editor

X3DX3D Posts: 30
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is there an option to change or add a png image to the shaping: controller morphs?

I noticed on earlier version manual when right clicking a controller you could bring up the presentation editor but I cannot find it within DS4 Pro?

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/assembling/tutorials/custom_parameters/start#open_presentation_editor

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

As noted in the linked doc - click the little gear on the slider, don't right-click Note that in 4.5RC the parameter settings and presentation editor are integrated into one dialogue..

• X3DX3D Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Clicking the gear on the slider only gives me the options: Parameter Settings - Lock - Hidden - Reset

Using Daz Studio Pro 4.0.3.47

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

And are the icon options in Parameter Settings? Which figure is this - as I recall, it has to be a TriAx figure to get the presentation options.

edited December 1969

I have Genesis loaded and are viewing the shaping menu, all controllers have the same options, within Parameter Settings there is no option to change or add an image icon.
    I was basically trying to load an image for some DSF morphs I have transferred for use with Genesis.. they work fine but would be useful to have an icon for each.

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Have you tried going to the Property Editor Tab since you can't do it from the Gear selector?

With Genesis selected navigate to your morphs in the Grouping/Settings pane and then Right-Click on the morph and go to Settings -> Presentation...

Then select the drop-down arrow under Card Image and then Browse... to the image you wish to use. The image dimensions are 147x185 in .png format.

Your image should now appear on your morph slider. You will need to resave your morph to retain the image.

Hope this helps... :)

image.jpg
    800 x 800 - 60K
    edited December 1969

Thankyou niccipb for your response.. works fine but not clear on how to re-save the morph?

edited December 1969

I'm glad that worked for you :-)

Don't know why the Gear wasn't showing the Presentation Editor though

To re-save your morph it's the same as when you first saved it... Go to File ->Save As... ->Support Asset -> Morph , navigate down to your morph and only check it, it will back check up the tree for you. Then just enter your info as before if it isn't already filled in and click ok.

note: make sure you use the same names like product, item and so on, otherwise it will create a new morph slider. ;-)

hope this helps :)

edited December 1969

Thanks again.. Much appreciated! The re-save of the morph was new to me due to the fact I created the morph conversions externally with Gen4. Thankyou for educating me with a few more Daz Studio menu options.

edited December 1969

Your very welcome...again I'm glad I could help :)

Ok, I have GenX but I believe Gen4 saves the morphs to the same place, so like I said just make sure you use the same names that Gen4 did.

Have fun... :)