Cloudflare Annoyance

2»

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Jon said:
    So the process of migrating to a new forum software is for the forum only and then tie ins at key points with the store to create a single account experience.

Please tell us it's going to be a reversible process this time, so if by a million-to-one chance (!) it all goes horribly worng, you can back out of it and restore the current system. The problems we're having right now are a nuisance, but it's better than two tin cans and a bit of string.

Or possibly an implementation of RFC1149...

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    This is rubbish I don't want my information going through some CIA filter no wonder it's so slow and people in rural areas can't log on !!!

You mean you don't want the NSA reading your e-mail and forum posts? Keep saying that and they might think you were up to something nefarious. Maybe even out to take over the world...
    Maybe that's the whole point !!! game on

• marchflymarchfly Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

I'm so excited, this is the first time in days I have been able to log on to the forums. It may last a couple of hrs. if I am lucky like last time.I am able to view all other Daz products except the forums when this happens. Strange.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

...DAZ_Jon, thank you for the clarification. I'm hoping the migration will fix not only the forum timeout issue but restore a few other features we have been going without like filters, the ability to mix text and images (which is really helpful when explaining issues encountered with the application software or instructing others on processes), the galleries, and active banner links.

• SiennaBlueSiennaBlue Posts: 217
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    DAZ_Jon said:
    Or is this a completely different incredibly annoying limitation of the software...?

That is just the software being used for the forum and just one of the many reasons we are working on migrating away from it.

Ah, OK. Is it safe to assume the similar glitch that just bit me a minute ago — clicking on a thread title in a forum search page and getting my account dashboard — is in the same category?

Ugh I get this as well randomly. Only thing that cures it is a log out/in. Although, now the site doesn't seem to want to keep my login for more than a day so I haven't gotten this issue lately.

This has been happening to me EVERY time I try to view the Member's Only Forum. I can't get in at all. I'm sent straight to my Account Dashboard, too. At least now I know what's going on. Well, not really, but I know it's not just me.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

That's gotten worse too. I can pretty much depend on the first or first two attempts to post or to preview that post will result in me staring at my account page.

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...my issue is it keeps giving me a blank reply form after I click on Submit Post. or I'm routed to my account page rather than back to the thread I'm on.

And yes, I clear my cache regularly.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited December 1969

I've been having the problem with Cloudflare for the past couple of weeks when using Chrome. If I switch to IE, it works just fine. It's been a pain since I use Chrome everywhere else.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

I'm using FF ,and am having issues with the CloudFlare errors ,it'll block me for days , I can go to IE and look at the forums but IE won't let me log in ,so I'm stuck lurking.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

I'm still having cloudflare issues on one of my machines even though I cleared the cache and cookies. annoying stuff.

edited December 1969

...with my better connectivity, cloudflare issues have dropped dramatically. I've only had one misdirect to my account page since switching.

• SBerrySBerry Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

People want to spend $$$

CloudFlare isn't making that easy

DAZ should consider that the two dont always mesh

edited December 1969

my CF

CloudFlare_071613.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 424K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

SBerry said:
    my CF

I haven't gotten that at all in a while. Retry for a live version generally works, though.
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    SBerry said:
    my CF

I haven't gotten that at all in a while. Retry for a live version generally works, though.

Understood, tho not for me, not Ctrl/f5 or anything else "Retry..." just refreshes the "~cant connect " page

...since the night G2 was released ( ~ +/- )

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Jon said:
    .... We're working out how to migrate all the posts, private messages, signatures, avatars, image uploads, etc., and are looking at what it would take to also move the old forum posts from the archive over. We know the forums are an important part of our site and that it could be a lot better, and are actively working on it.

The archive too! That would be wonderful!

edited July 2013

..woah, threads from the old forums, no longer an archive, but active again? Now that would be an improvement.

Hopefully we can get some filters for the search function so we can a least look for posts/threads by author.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure if we'd really need the old forum stuff actually active (as in, able to be added to) but fixing things so they'd be easier to find and link to, and all the embedded images work again would be a major plus, especially on the more useful tutorials.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure if we'd really need the old forum stuff actually active (as in, able to be added to) but fixing things so they'd be easier to find and link to, and all the embedded images work again would be a major plus, especially on the more useful tutorials.

Oh yes! Trying to see those embedded images is a pain ...