The How Much Does A Kilo of Chocolate Weigh Complaint Thread

1444546474850»

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    edited December 1969

I need to learn how to use Carrara since I got it.

...very good programme, especially when you want to make large scenery sets and skies for your work (it has several presets to start from).
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@KK - I could probably pitch it as a late-evening sword-and-sorcery comedy with lots of T&A for the geeky crowd, it'd rake in viewers by the millions! Think Xena meets Paris Hilton! A sure-fire hit!

I feel faintly sick now.. lol.. (barfy face)

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

@KK - I could probably pitch it as a late-evening sword-and-sorcery comedy with lots of T&A for the geeky crowd, it'd rake in viewers by the millions! Think Xena meets Paris Hilton! A sure-fire hit!

might to better with a Buffy the Vampire Slayer Meets Xena the Warrior Princess.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited July 2013

The Ready for Love Complaint Thread
    The Fan Service Complaint Thread
    The There and Back Again Complaint Thread
    The Help Wanted Complaint Thread
    The Hulk is Green Complaint Thread
    The Woe Noes Hiccups Complaint Thread
    The Just got Loki'd Complaint Thread

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:

might to better with a Buffy the Vampire Slayer Meets Xena the Warrior Princess.

Could be, but Buffy was an airhead that could kick butt - War Vixen doesn't want to muss her perfect hair or mess up her makeup!

edited December 1969

I want a cupcake or two
    Is it winter in Australia? I say it is, but my bf says it is not.

Leaves 2 chcolate cupcakes on a table against the wall and walks away

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    I need to learn how to use Carrara since I got it.

...very good programme, especially when you want to make large scenery sets and skies for your work (it has several presets to start from).

if you gonna learn a new shader system, mebbe consider Octane or Luxrender?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:

What would they do, hang out at the mall (or the marketplace)?
    Xena's not a vampire, and they're both heroines.

Mud wrestling, maybe? :D

edited December 1969

99 pages of posts in the Thread,
    99 pages of posts.
    One more page,
    Then it'll split.
    After 100 pages of posts.

edited December 1969

The I'm So Happy I Could Just $#!% Complaint Thread

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited July 2013

tjohn said:
    99 pages of posts in the Thread,
    99 pages of posts.
    One more page,
    Then it'll split.
    After 100 pages of posts.

soon (tm)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700
    edited December 1969

It is almost 4pm! what???

edited December 1969

It is almost 4pm! what???

That happens almost every day around this time.
    edited December 1969

There's too many posts, in the neighborhood
    Who you gonna call?
    THREAD BUSTERS!

This threads too long, and it don't read good
    Who you gonna call?
    THREAD BUSTERS!

I ain't afraid of no thread..
    I hear he likes the posts..

(heh heh)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Rareth said:

What would they do, hang out at the mall (or the marketplace)?
    Xena's not a vampire, and they're both heroines.

Mud wrestling, maybe? :D

i heard there might be some Thor mud wrestling in Thor movie?

watching first Ironman movie t'nite. woot!

edited December 1969

i think i understand just how skimpwear Vicki feels.
    wants to take off the uncomfortabee strappy clothes,
    lay naked in front of the fan and let the fan dry off the sweat,
    a cool mug of icy kewl thirstifying goodness within reach

I can understand it a bit - I get hoe the first thing I do is strip down to the boxers and sit at the computer, which is in front of (and about six feet from) the A/C. Nice way to cool off after riding a bus home in 98F temps! (red face)

And lest anyone accuse me of only bagging on Daz about impractical armor, check THIS out:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/fury/100031/

..at least her face and most of her boobs are safe..... (blank face)

I'm pretty sure the concept is that the attacking warrior is stunned by the amount of exposed feminine flesh and stands thee and drools, giving the woman more than enough time to behead him with those huge blades. Amazingly effective as long as she's not fighting a straight woman warrior (heh)!

...yeah they have a lot of impractical stuff there too. That's why I like Xurge, real armour that actually covers the vital spots. However in today's new releases here, there is the Tech Soldier by Valandar which looks pretty good and would work well for my Cyber world setting. Yay, and I also get the 70% discount since I have the Carrara Enviro Kit Woodlands set sitting in my cart even though it no longer shows up on the Christmas in July list.

So some may wonder, why am I making these purchases instead of jumping on the G2F bandwagon? Well for one these have a more immediate use in my work. Second It's not just having to get the Morph bundle and V4 clone but the fact that G2F still fairly limited in what I can do with it for the needs I have. I won't be able to autofit my huge library of A3, Sadie, Hiro, Michael and David clothing until clones or character maps for them (as well as G2M for the guys) are available. I also will not be able to import any of my favoruite morphs/characters from older figures until the update for GenX and the various figure plugins are out. I won't be able to do teens until there is a G2F Figure or special morphs (I understand there is a set in the works) available.

By then I could either be gainfully reemployed (received a couple callbacks for interviews yesterday and today) or have hit the Megabucks jackpot (right...) and then be able to afford it all.

...and who knows, with how suddenly Daz dropped G2F/V6 on us (only a couple months after David 5), maybe G3F will be in the pipeline and they'll be big sales on all the G2 stuff I need. ; )

edited December 1969

I gotta go out for a burger with cheese!
    See you in the new Complaint Thread.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    I gotta go out for a burger with cheese!
    See you in the new Complaint Thread.

Enjoy your BURGER MADE WITH CHEESE
    I hope that it will quite please
    Watch pepper, please don't sneeze
    On a BURGER MADE WITH CHEESE

(heh)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700
    edited December 1969

Howdy folks! Whats for dinner?

edited December 1969

My take on the whole G2F thing:

Yeah, it's a nice model. Yeah, there are lots of things coming out for it. Yeah, it looks as if you can get a bit nicer female than with G1. I'm sure it has lots of good uses.

But for MY PURPOSES - rendering illustrations for my stories - overkill. If I planned on making a living making book cover art (heh) then I'd consider it a business expense, but for me, wow, Vicky4 is still far more than I'll use in the foreseeable future. And there's still a TON of vendor support for G1 and Gen4 figures, so I'm not worried about not being able to find "the right thing" for them.

G2F is nice, but it's not for me.

edited December 1969

...uh oh, page 100 already.

...The Why Did "Daz Soon" Actually Happen Soon Complaint Thread?
    ...The G2F Blues Complaint Thread.
    ...The I'm Too Sexy For My Sword Complaint Thread.
    ...The OMIGOSH A Whole Page Flew By in Moments Complaint Thread.
    ...The I'm Tired of All These Bleedin' Typos Complaint Thread.
    ...The Back Arrow On My Keyboard Died Complaint Thread.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...The I'm Too Sexy For My Sword Complaint Thread. this I like LOL

edited December 1969

My take on the whole G2F thing:

Yeah, it's a nice model. Yeah, there are lots of things coming out for it. Yeah, it looks as if you can get a bit nicer female than with G1. I'm sure it has lots of good uses.

But for MY PURPOSES - rendering illustrations for my stories - overkill. If I planned on making a living making book cover art (heh) then I'd consider it a business expense, but for me, wow, Vicky4 is still far more than I'll use in the foreseeable future. And there's still a TON of vendor support for G1 and Gen4 figures, so I'm not worried about not being able to find "the right thing" for them.

G2F is nice, but it's not for me.

...yeah I want to get something out of my investment in Genesis Classic.(which included building the workstation so I can actually launch a render without fear of it crashing). Makes investment in all my previous figures still viable as well.

...and I still love Aiko3.

..The Where have Al The Aiko's Gone Complaint Thread

edited July 2013

...well had a good brekkie. Did a slight twist on a Mexican Omelet this morning and it turned out very delicious.

As it cooled off a bit here was able to do my signature Cajun Blackend fish last night. Looks like hot doggies (Kosher all beef) for tonight as it's supposed to get near 90° again today

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...The I'm Too Sexy For My Sword Complaint Thread. this I like LOL

+100,000,000

edited December 1969

...and if you live in Detroit...

...The City Just Declared Bankruptcy Complaint Thread

edited July 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well had a good brekkie. Did a slight twist on a Mexican Omelet this morning and it turned out very delicious.

As it cooled off a bit here was able to do my signature Cajun Blackend fish last night. Looks like hot doggies (Kosher all beef) for tonight as it's supposed to get near 90° again today

Argh, ow I'm hungry and I'm stuck here 2 more hours! (cry cry cry)

Not sure about dinner.. if I had tortillas I''d make chorizo tacos..- maybe a BURGER MADE WITH CHEESE! Whataburger makes kick ass jalapeno bacon cheeseburger, yum! SOLD!

ps. I heart Aiko 3... (red face)

Complaint: I need to reconstruct parts of New Orleans for my Dark New Orleans serial.. this could be the most challengng projet to date! I have a lot of reference material, thankfully. Glad that RDNA just put out Tarot cards, skulls etc. are easy to come by soo setting up a Voudoun church should be a simple process. Swamps, easy, but the suburbs? ARGH!

Non-complaint: WISHLIST REAP! Anything not applicable to one of my writing projects gets deleted! W00t! Rendo down to under $110, Daz down to under $250!

Whine: Dark New Orleans is going to cost to set up.. mrbl..

Post edited by Woolyloach on
    edited December 1969

...ahh, so you are cleared for the good stuff again?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Argh, ow I'm hungry and I'm stuck here 2 more hours! (cry cry cry)

Not sure about dinner.. if I had tortillas I''d make chorizo tacos..- maybe a BURGER MADE WITH CHEESE! Whataburger makes kick ass jalapeno bacon cheeseburger, yum! SOLD!

ps. I heart Aiko 3... (red face)

Complaint: I need to reconstruct parts of New Orleans for my Dark New Orleans serial.. this could be the most challengng projet to date! I have a lot of reference material, thankfully. Glad that RDNA just put out Tarot cards, skulls etc. are easy to come by soo setting up a Voudoun church should be a simple process. Swamps, easy, but the suburbs? ARGH!

Non-complaint: WISHLIST REAP! Anything not applicable to one of my writing projects gets deleted! W00t! Rendo down to under $110, Daz down to under $250!

Whine: Dark New Orleans is going to cost to set up.. mrbl..

...for the church you could try Jack's A Dubious Schoolhouse. Looks kind of like a small church.

http://www.daz3d.com/dubious-school-house

edited July 2013

...The Voodoo Zombies Complaint Thread
    ...The Voodoo Dougnuts Complaint Thread

New thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/25895/#382556

8875.jpg
    800 x 533 - 65K
    Post edited by frank0314 on
This discussion has been closed.